GUILTY SC - Samantha Josephson, 21, Columbia, thought she was getting into Uber, 29 Mar 2019 *Arrest* #2

I read that he lived in Columbia. His "about" info on Facebook states he lives in Columbia.

But, the address on the arrest warrant is 1313 Renegade Trail.
When looking at directions from Renegade Trail to Black Bottom Road, where SJ was found, it is right across another road, and is about 3 minutes away from each other.
I would post a pic ofa map, but i can't figure out how to.
Also, people that do not want to be found easily will use their parent's address as their official address so that important stuff, like mail, can get to them, but it is not easy to find where they are actually living.

Yes, unless he had advanced plans to kidnap someone, then he definitely had his phone on him the whole time.
He's absolutely f#@&ed!
And he had Sami's phone up until the time he was arrested. Google can track everything including when a car is still or moving. He could have gone elsewhere with his phone later that day, but Sami's phone will carry the record of where that car went up until the time of his arrest.

I live in SC, but don’t remember. I did find this. Timeline would be right for him to have still been a student.

Ex-SCSU cheerleader killed in apparent murder-suicide

If he was a student at SCSU at the time, as the female who claims to know him states, either this does not seem likely to be the supposed drive-by she is referring to (although, as you said, this does not even sound like a drive-by, if there really was one), or it seems unlikely that he would have been a victim in this crime, as this shooting took place a mile from the USC campus, in Columbia, and he would have been in school about 50 miles away, in Orangeburg, which is where SCSU is. JMO

I wonder what years NR was a SC State student. At 24, he is past the age of someone who would have recently graduated. We also know from the news interview with his parents that he did not graduate. So, I'm thinking he could have been away from student life for at least 2 -3 years, maybe more.

ETA - Forgot to MOO.

Court date set for Nathaniel Rowland, suspect in USC student Samantha Josephson murder

Nathaniel Rowland, who has been arrested and charged with the murder and kidnapping of University of South Carolina student Samantha Josephson, is scheduled to appear in court later this month.

Rowland's first court appearance is scheduled for 9 a.m. April 22 at the Richland County Judicial Center in Columbia, according to Richland County's public index.

Rowland exercised his right not to be present at the bond hearing that took place on March 31.

I know that people join this site because they want to jump in and contribute with their opinions and oftentimes, information on a case that brings them here. We welcome all new members (we were all new members once), and want to hear your input, especially those of you who may be local to a particular case. You often have unique insight that those of us farther away cannot have. But every new member should take a few moments to at least read over the TOS (terms of service). They are there for a reason, and they are what makes this site heads and shoulders above other sites of this nature, imo. We want to hear your thoughts, but we cant hear you if you are in a time-out! And welcome all new members!

ETA: I have been a member for 7 years, after lurking for 3 years, and I still refer to them from time to time. Us old-timers don't know everything either!

Last edited:
Thanks SteveP. The posts you refer to have been removed.

For our newer members who haven't had a chance to familiarize themselves with The Rules, please do so. If you have questions or need clarification of any of those rules, please private message a Moderator or an Admin to enquire before you make the post and we will try to be of help. This way, the thread will not be derailed with off-topic questions about moderation.

I wonder what years NR was a SC State student. At 24, he is past the age of someone who would have recently graduated. We also know from the news interview with his parents that he did not graduate. So, I'm thinking he could have been away from student life for at least 2 -3 years, maybe more.

ETA - Forgot to MOO.

I know that he supposedly played basketball in high school, so I checked the men's basketball rosters at SCSU for every year, beginning with the 2012-2013 season, to see if he perhaps had played there at some point, which may help us determine the years he was enrolled, but his name did not appear on any roster at all.

Does anyone know if maxpreps.com is a legitimate site for sports info ? Sports-challenged here. :oops:

I am not familiar with it, and honestly had never heard of it, but when checking around, it seems that it is a site that focuses on high school athletics, and it was recently purchased by CBS, so I would assume it is legit. JMO

Last edited:
Found info from when NR was at East Clarendon HS :

Nate Rowland's High School Timeline

This shows he was a senior then and graduated ECHS in 2012. IF he went to SC State right out of HS, he would have been there roughly 2012 - 2015, given that he did not graduate.

All MOO

...unless he was ever suspended for failing to maintain a minimum required GPA to stay enrolled at any time, in which case he could have been there after 2015. But my gut tells me that if he was ever placed on academic suspension, that would have been the end of college for him. JMO

Last edited:
...unless he was ever suspended for failing to maintain a minimum required GPA to stay enrolled at any time, in which case he could have been there after 2015. But my gut tells me that if he was ever placed on academic suspension, that would have been the end of college for him. JMO
My feeling is that he got into the drug/gangsta culture. His family seemed like good people. He had a parents that were both involved in his life and seemed like a good kid in high school.

I watched an interview his parents gave linked in previous thread, and his Dad's account was that NR went to SC State hoping to continue his basketball effort at college level but was cut right away -- he didn't make the team.

I was under the impression that he may have later transferred to a community college but nonetheless, didn't graduate -- allegedly for financial reasons, according to his Dad. His Dad also said he went to work at FedEx when he dropped out. MOO

APR 7, 2019
Jersey City hopes to make it mandatory for rideshare vehicles to have 'identifying signage' after Samantha Josephson's death - CNN
Jersey City may soon become the first city in New Jersey to mandate rideshare vehicles have illuminated, identifiable signs for passengers, according to a news release from the mayor's office.

Mayor Steven Fulop announced a proposed ordinance Friday, according to the release. The ordinance comes after the death of University of South Carolina student and New Jersey native Samantha Josephson, who was kidnapped and killed when she mistakenly got into a vehicle she thought was her Uber ride.
The purpose of the ordinance is to alert riders and prevent another incident like Josephson's murder, the release said. The ordinance will be introduced at the April 10 Jersey City Council Meeting.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back