TX TX - Dr. Joshua Hull, 37, Temple, 13 Oct 2018

I doubt this fellow had the resources to do a long term anything. At his age- he's likely still deep in the throes of paying off student loans. He is very young for a physician.
Yeah, I don’t know. He is in his mid 30’s, single guy with no kids, rented an apartment and drove an expensive car.

Port of Portland International Airport IS the main airport (I used to be a flight instructor at the fixed base operation there back in the early 80's). I rent a car from there any time I visit my Dad and I've not noted security cameras in the parking lots.
My mistake! I'm brainwashed by its "PDX" acronym.

I've seen them return to their profession within weeks of completing rehab.
If he was doing rehab why not just fly from Texas to where the rehab? Instead, he drives hundreds and hundreds of miles to seemingly take a flight out of an airport many states away, leaving his car in the lot (which is EXPENSIVE parking if you're going to be gone for a few weeks). Many of the hotels there will let you park your car free when you are flying out as long as you stay at least one night.

If he was doing rehab why not just fly from Texas to where the rehab? Instead, he drives hundreds and hundreds of miles to seemingly take a flight out of an airport many states away, leaving his car in the lot (which is EXPENSIVE parking if you're going to be gone for a few weeks). Many of the hotels there will let you park your car free when you are flying out as long as you stay at least one night.

Exactly. And think of the time it took to drive all the way to Oregon. That is a 32 hour drive. Gas must have been very expensive too! There are so many airports here that he could have flown out of. Killeen, Waco, College station, Austin airports are all within an hours drive. Dfw airport is a 2 hour drive, San Antonio airport is about the same and Houston airports are about 2 1/2 to 3 hours away. He had tons of options to fly out of here. Killeen airport even offers free parking! I pray that there will be answers to this case. I don’t know if he ran away from his life or what happened but he was a very knowledgeable doctor and he has been missed. I hope if he ran away from his life that he is able to get the help that he so clearly needs.

Never any reports on phone activity? Also very odd that no current or former colleagues ever came forward (that we know of) to talk to police or the media. Was he just a loner? Just so strange...and cars left at airports are never a good sign. Although the article says the car was located on November 26th, do we know if that was actually when it was found? Is it possible that it was found more recently but video was traced back to determine that it had been there since November? It just seems so strange that it would not have been reported sooner.

Did he join up with "Doctors Without Borders" and took a flight from the west coast?
In my opinion, I doubt it. He lived in an apartment and was fairly young in his career so I don't think he was rich. He could have parked for MUCH cheaper a number of places near the airport that have airport shuttles but chose to park at the airport terminal. Given the length of time gone, even if he was getting the long term rate his parking bill to date would be over $4000.

MSF (Doctors Without Borders) requires extensive vetting and training before deployment. A close friend started out doing missions twice annually and now is a staff memeber full-time in Europe..

Highly unlikely he would be on a mission as his family would certainly be aware of deployment (next-of-kin docs are required)

I highly doubt he joined Doctors Without Borders and even if he did, why would he knowingly leave his car in a parking lot at the airport? I mean if you’re going to be gone for an extended period of time, you either sell your vehicle or find a place like a garage or something where it can be safe. If he was taking an international flight, you can take direct international flights to certain cities from dallas, Austin and Houston airports.

Never any reports on phone activity? Also very odd that no current or former colleagues ever came forward (that we know of) to talk to police or the media. Was he just a loner? Just so strange...and cars left at airports are never a good sign. Although the article says the car was located on November 26th, do we know if that was actually when it was found? Is it possible that it was found more recently but video was traced back to determine that it had been there since November? It just seems so strange that it would not have been reported sooner.
I wish I had the answers to your questions. The editor at the local newspaper said she didn’t know anything either and all she was told from the police was what was printed in the article. That the car was found in Portland on November 26th. As far as phone records and interviewing people, I don’t know how much, if any of that, was even done. He was reported missing in October and it was NEVER printed in the paper or anywhere online for at least a month. Very strange. When i saw his picture pop up on my Facebook timeline, i was in shock that he was missing. Yes this city is full of doctors because there is a medical school and teaching hospital here but if you ever went to urgent care here, you would know exactly who he is because that’s where he worked. He might not have seen the same patients regularly but he made it a point to remember something about you and have some type of relationship with me. Whenever he would see me, he would always say the same thing. “I remember you! You’re the one who is allergic to everything.”

I wish I had the answers to your questions. The editor at the local newspaper said she didn’t know anything either and all she was told from the police was what was printed in the article. That the car was found in Portland on November 26th. As far as phone records and interviewing people, I don’t know how much, if any of that, was even done. He was reported missing in October and it was NEVER printed in the paper or anywhere online for at least a month. Very strange. When i saw his picture pop up on my Facebook timeline, i was in shock that he was missing. Yes this city is full of doctors because there is a medical school and teaching hospital here but if you ever went to urgent care here, you would know exactly who he is because that’s where he worked. He might not have seen the same patients regularly but he made it a point to remember something about you and have some type of relationship with me. Whenever he would see me, he would always say the same thing. “I remember you! You’re the one who is allergic to everything.”
Thank you...so much to wonder about I guess. A very odd case...especially since you say he was so kind and personable. It seems like a person who would be missed.

I've been wanting to make an appeal to anyone on UK and US threads who has knowledge of LE procedures. So many of us speculate why some cases receive so much media and others almost none. And I certainly know that there are biases based on race, drug history, profession, criminal records, etc. But I am not really referring to that. All things being equal, does lack of information released to the public or lack of appeals to the public for help usually mean that LE already has strong leads?

I've been wanting to make an appeal to anyone on UK and US threads who has knowledge of LE procedures. So many of us speculate why some cases receive so much media and others almost none. And I certainly know that there are biases based on race, drug history, profession, criminal records, etc. But I am not really referring to that. All things being equal, does lack of information released to the public or lack of appeals to the public for help usually mean that LE already has strong leads?

Not really. Sometimes (small towns) there is not a designated Public Information Officer. Also, many smaller towns no longer have a newspaper. No media, no info.

And in larger cities, stories about crime and missing persons get pushed aside by NEW stories about NEW crimes.

Not really. Sometimes (small towns) there is not a designated Public Information Officer. Also, many smaller towns no longer have a newspaper. No media, no info.

And in larger cities, stories about crime and missing persons get pushed aside by NEW stories about NEW crimes.
Very good point about large cities...I lived in NY! Thank you

Yes, but people (not suggesting joshua) have been know to travel coast to coast to abduct someone they are obsessed with. Or it could be very possible that that someone could have done something to him and taken his vehicle. Its just weird that his facebook and certain things have been deleted leading up to his disappearance. If someone did do something to him perhaps he had financial means that they are using to stay low and out of sight.

[bbm]

deleted?
what has been deleted?
where does it say that?

Temple actually has several designated public information officers. It’s not exactly a small town. We have a population of roughly 75,000 people. And as far as his Facebook deleted, I don’t believe he ever had a Facebook. I know I tried to look him up several times on Facebook before he was reported missing, like going back years and was never able to find a Facebook.
There was a case here in January where 2 people went missing and the police did not seem too concerned about it. They didn’t make much of an effort to locate them until family members stepped in and contacted the Texas Rangers who took over the case. It ended up becoming somewhat of a high profile case because of that.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grammy 4
Back