OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also hope they do get their convictions. Based upon the Mountains of evidence. I would like to see them get the death penalty last I knew that was on the table.And I hope this little girl in the middle is no longer in the middle. I could only hope she and the rest are moved to a different location and names changed. I fear for them although the perps are in jail or prison. There are still family connections out there and these kids are going to be caught in the middle the rest of their lives. And I don’t think this is fair. There should be a total scrubbing of there birth records and family court orders and families talking about the things that happened. Someone needs to step up and remove them. We have had an experience like this in my family and I wish the court was not involved in custody and the families had enough common sense to step back and see what is important for the kids. They need to be anonymous. Let alone realize their family was slaughtered over them.

I think the surviving family are under close supervision by Children's Services. S is likely being reunited with her cousins, gr-grandparents and gr aunts and uncles. That's such an important bond for kids to have, especially when they're old enough to remember having those relatives as part of their lives before the murders. I think one of the reasons it took so long for the Wags to be arrested was because they're a very tight, enmeshed group, as is the rest of the local W family. They don't have a lot of friends. So I'm not sure there's going to be any risk to surviving family members from Wags associates. There aren't many, if any.

I'm late to the party but I thought the same thing, how does no one know when S was picked up? The new baby was 5 days old? There was a picture somewhere of the 2 in the hospital (S and the new baby). But My question is who is the father of HR's youngest child and where is the child now?

As for the question about when S was picked up, the only accounts we've read in the news media are quotes from one of the suspects, Jake Wagner. He has given contradictory information in the news media. LE hasn't yet revealed when S was picked up or dropped off. There are a few different possibilities and we'll probably find out when the trials begin.

I'm assuming (JMO) there's something about the pick up timeline that is relevant to the murders and LE doesn't want to reveal it yet.

I think the surviving family are under close supervision by Children's Services. S is likely being reunited with her cousins, gr-grandparents and gr aunts and uncles. That's such an important bond for kids to have, especially when they're old enough to remember having those relatives as part of their lives before the murders. I think one of the reasons it took so long for the Wags to be arrested was because they're a very tight, enmeshed group, as is the rest of the local W family. They don't have a lot of friends. So I'm not sure there's going to be any risk to surviving family members from Wags associates. There aren't many, if any.
That must be a mountain thing. My family is like this. I am concerned about possible great uncles and aunts on both the Newcomb side and the Wagner side. I cannot imagine what sw is going to face when it comes to the other children that were present that day. Even if there is a close family. Others can be harsh when it comes to circumstances like this. My family member is 19 currently and he has encountered this kind of hostility as for example- his father ( which was not biological) killed his mother of course he is messed up or, I would be afraid of him you know about his mother right or I will do to you what was done to your mother. These are all inappropriate things that I am afraid sw is going to encounter.

I'm late to the party but I thought the same thing, how does no one know when S was picked up? The new baby was 5 days old? There was a picture somewhere of the 2 in the hospital (S and the new baby). But My question is who is the father of HR's youngest child and where is the child now?
That is a good question. But now that HR is gone that may never be figured out especially if she was aware of JW behavior.But, JW May know who the biological father is. From texts or, fb. If he was hacking her. I believe KR is in cps custody. I do believe in the bonds but, only if it is not at expense of the child’s mental health.Knowing how my family members were treated after the incident in my family I believe sometimes anonymous is better.

Can you imagine the team of resources these Attorneys have working through all this?

The discovery list totals the amount of materials asked for in at least two places in the paperwork provided by the court. At one point, the total reaches 2,448 pages, two videos, 18 audio files and two 3D scans. A second running total lists 2,665 pages plus one video.

Wagner murder trials likely many months away - The Record Herald

That is a good question. But now that HR is gone that may never be figured out especially if she was aware of JW behavior.But, JW May know who the biological father is. From texts or, fb. If he was hacking her. I believe KR is in cps custody. I do believe in the bonds but, only if it is not at expense of the child’s mental health.Knowing how my family members were treated after the incident in my family I believe sometimes anonymous is better.

The answer is in this article around the father.

Separately, the below caught my attention in re-reading it.
"To solve a case, Junk said he would like to see at least two of three things: Good forensic evidence, a confession or an eyewitness."

“At this point, nobody has seen any of those, nothing like that has ever been (publicly) released," Junk said.

I am hopeful he got his wish.

Rhoden family massacre: Here's where the investigation stands after 2 years

Last edited:
The answer is in this article around the father.

Separately, the below caught my attention in re-reading it.
"To solve a case, Junk said he would like to see at least two of three things: Good forensic evidence, a confession or an eyewitness."

“At this point, nobody has seen any of those, nothing like that has ever been (publicly) released," Junk said.

I am hopeful he got his wish.

Rhoden family massacre: Here's where the investigation stands after 2 years

That article was from April 2018. From looking at discovery lists of evidence so far, it appears they had quite a bit of forensic evidence at the time Prosecutor Junk made that remark. They had ballistics evidence, DNA, shoe print analysis, BPVs, video of the Wags buying supplies at Walmart, hours of interview audio, print and blood evidence from one of the Wagner vehicles. They had nearly a terabyte of data from phone records, voice mails, emails, texts, computers, etc. Over 500 messages relating to custody, also evidence that JW had been bugging the Rhodens, evidence the W's had tampered with the victims phones, etc. AFTER they were killed. LE had already raided the Wags farm on Peterson Rd, Flying W Farms, and the farm on Bethel Hill Rd.

They had a LOT of evidence at that point, so it's kind of surprising to hear Junk say he didn't have any good forensic evidence. In spite of all that evidence, they still hadn't convened a grand jury yet, right?

Maybe Junk was being coy or trying not to show his hand or maybe he was dragging his feet on charging the Wags. Maybe he wanted them to show up at his office to surrender. :rolleyes: JMO.

Sometimes Chris Jr's case alone is enough to keep me up at night, picturing that poor boy trying to hide. Heart breaking!
What are the specific’s of C Jr’s ? I knew DR was overkill, and that SR put up a fight but thought the others were asleep.

I am sorry that does not answer the question of who is kr’s father. Unless I missed it. Which could very well be as my vision wonky from a flare.

I am sorry that does not answer the question of who is kr’s father. Unless I missed it. Which could very well be as my vision wonky from a flare.
And I am new so I am now just going through evidence. Brought forward so far. But, I am not even sure if you guys are commenting on my posts.

KR's father is Charlie Gilley, brother of another massacre victim, Hannah Gilley. There's been speculation that one reason for Hannah Gilley being shot so many time was anger over her introducing Hanna Rhoden to CG. JW was jealous of CG and the fact that he was probably the father of KR.

What are the specific’s of C Jr’s ? I knew DR was overkill, and that SR put up a fight but thought the others were asleep.

Poor Chris, Jr. was believed to be found hidden between his bed and the wall of his bedroom. When LE first arrived at the crime scene, they couldn't find CRJr. Len Manley told them to keep looking and they did finally find him. It was assumed he awakened, heard the shooting and crawled down in the corner to hide. Poor kid. He didn't deserve that. None of them did.

When Tony (Rhoden) speaks of Chris Jr., those soul-shaking sobs return. He chokes out his words.

“He’s just got his driver’s license, you know? You remember how that feels? To get your license? Those kids had their whole lives ahead of ’em. Their whole lives. How do we get over that?”

'A man can't bear it,' relative of Pike County victims says

That article was from April 2018. From looking at discovery lists of evidence so far, it appears they had quite a bit of forensic evidence at the time Prosecutor Junk made that remark. They had ballistics evidence, DNA, shoe print analysis, BPVs, video of the Wags buying supplies at Walmart, hours of interview audio, print and blood evidence from one of the Wagner vehicles. They had nearly a terabyte of data from phone records, voice mails, emails, texts, computers, etc. Over 500 messages relating to custody, also evidence that JW had been bugging the Rhodens, evidence the W's had tampered with the victims phones, etc. AFTER they were killed. LE had already raided the Wags farm on Peterson Rd, Flying W Farms, and the farm on Bethel Hill Rd.

They had a LOT of evidence at that point, so it's kind of surprising to hear Junk say he didn't have any good forensic evidence. In spite of all that evidence, they still hadn't convened a grand jury yet, right?

Maybe Junk was being coy or trying not to show his hand or maybe he was dragging his feet on charging the Wags. Maybe he wanted them to show up at his office to surrender. :rolleyes: JMO.

Betty, wasn’t this article and his comment the same month the grand jury was seated? You are correct the state had all of the stuff referenced above. I also think additional evidence came out during the grand jury proceedings; such as where to find a silencer.

I’m just asking myself why would he say such a thing the very same month.:confused:

To post it in full context:

"One of these days, if and when somebody is charged, there's a lot of things that would be public that can't be made public now. There are some things that could clear this up for you in about two seconds but I really can't say anything because the investigation is still going on," Junk said.

To solve a case, Junk said he would like to see at least two of three things: Good forensic evidence, a confession or an eyewitness.

KR's father is Charlie Gilley, brother of another massacre victim, Hannah Gilley. There's been speculation that one reason for Hannah Gilley being shot so many time was anger over her introducing Hanna Rhoden to CG. JW was jealous of CG and the fact that he was probably the father of KR.

Poor Chris, Jr. was believed to be found hidden between his bed and the wall of his bedroom. When LE first arrived at the crime scene, they couldn't find CRJr. Len Manley told them to keep looking and they did finally find him. It was assumed he awakened, heard the shooting and crawled down in the corner to hide. Poor kid. He didn't deserve that. None of them did.

'A man can't bear it,' relative of Pike County victims says
Oh, boy, I did not get that far because my iPad keeps reloading and I have to start over in the article. Thank you for bringing that part to my attention. That is so sad. He probably knew what was coming to him. No none of them deserved it. I have seen some heated custody battles for sure. But, to kill 8 people over and leave so many family members behind and children parentless? It is almost like they seen her as an possession not a child.Of course I would not fight over a possession that hard either.

Well then, we should conclude he found witnesses....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500