IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #3

I emailed WTHR reporter Emily Longnecker yesterday regarding any updates: Emily Longnecker (@EmilyWTHR) on Twitter

Hi****

At this time, we are being told there are no new updates.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 11:51:08 AM
To: Emily Longnecker
Subject: Amiah?

Are there any new updates on the investigation of the disappearance of baby Amiah Robertson?

Any searches? (End messages)
So disappointing. So aggravating.

:(

Is he going to walk?

I personally don't think so. I, too, want any/all involved persons nailed to the wall. But right, so there is no wiggle room for a defense. Sadly at this point all anyone can do for that baby is (a) find her body and give her a respectful burial, and (b) make sure she gets justice. :(

I as well do not want to see this case get quiet or be forgotten. It is hard to keep the thread active with no new news. I swear I am going to get myself in trouble one day because the next time there is a case close to me I just may follow the suspected perp myself recording and reporting everything...

In all seriousness though, I am not going to forget this case and I will gladly help push or post or email to show the interest in the case and justice. I do not do Twitter however.

Continued prayers Baby Amiah.

For those of us in Indy, I'm highly supportive of orchestrating a peaceful protest (probably a better word choice is warranted here but I worked 11 hours already today.) If we show up on the steps of the City County Building and demand answers, I'm sure we will be placated in some manner. Amiah deserves answers. I know the prosecution needs a really strong case to charge those responsible, but there has to be someone who can answer to the public at large. We are all more than concerned and as far as we know there is at least one kidnapper or child killer at large. It's unacceptable. JMO

Has this been moved to the bottom of the list now that it's been designated a homicide? (With no body which complicates things) I can understand that it's important to designate resources accordingly.

They must have some physical evidence to classify it a homicide.

Are they just watching and waiting for someone to slip up? I find it intriguing that all the original players suddenly have nothing to say, not just mom. The seeming lack of progress is maddening

MOO IMHOO IMO

For those of us in Indy, I'm highly supportive of orchestrating a peaceful protest (probably a better word choice is warranted here but I worked 11 hours already today.) If we show up on the steps of the City County Building and demand answers, I'm sure we will be placated in some manner. Amiah deserves answers. I know the prosecution needs a really strong case to charge those responsible, but there has to be someone who can answer to the public at large. We are all more than concerned and as far as we know there is at least one kidnapper or child killer at large. It's unacceptable. JMO
What a great idea. I agree it's gone too dark for too long! Somebody needs to give some information. How can there be nothing on this poor sweet baby girl?

If I was close enough, I'd demonstrate with you!

I as well do not want to see this case get quiet or be forgotten. It is hard to keep the thread active with no new news. I swear I am going to get myself in trouble one day because the next time there is a case close to me I just may follow the suspected perp myself recording and reporting everything...

In all seriousness though, I am not going to forget this case and I will gladly help push or post or email to show the interest in the case and justice. I do not do Twitter however.

Continued prayers Baby Amiah.
I'm right there with you chili!

I’m in. My schedule is full tomorrow and Monday. But I could and would be glad to do this any other day.

It may not move mountains, but it would be more than what is currently happening. And it’s a good lesson in civic responsibility. It takes a village and whatnot

They're overworked with too few resources, have a lot of cases from both before and after Amiah's that are also important, and have to make sure their ducks are in a row before anyone is arrested.

Showing up at the City County Building and screaming at them isn't going to help.

Cases like this might take months or even years and that's not LE's fault. They're working the case and they'll tell us when they have any updates. There isn't any more they can say.

They're overworked with too few resources, have a lot of cases from both before and after Amiah's that are also important, and have to make sure their ducks are in a row before anyone is arrested.

Showing up at the City County Building and screaming at them isn't going to help.

Cases like this might take months or even years and that's not LE's fault. They're working the case and they'll tell us when they have any updates. There isn't any more they can say.

I don't think it ever hurts to show the public is following and taking notice of a case, even if it is being worked on hard behind the scenes, one does not know and it simply shows people have not forgotten and are awaiting those answers when they come.

Yes, they seem to have plenty of cases and daily crime and are very likely overworked but there are some resources they can and are using. I also think it unlikely they just dropped the ball here and went silent so quickly so I for one think it is probably being worked on (or at least fervently hope so) but I also again, do not think it hurts to show the interest of the public in seeing justice for this baby.

Thank you all for the support of my most recent comment regarding, as girlhasnoname and med studies so eloquently captured my meaning, a "public demonstration" and a "lesson in civic responsibility." I was honestly hesitant to visit the site in anticipation of so not so happy sleuths regarding the idea of a public show of support for Amiah and and outcry for answers. On a side note, our police department just unveiled a new system for speedy recovery of firearms and ballistics. It was a very prompt response to the 5 separate shootings which resulted in 6 fatalities on Saturday night. By Tuesday morning our police force had already retrieved 28 firearms from the streets where the clearly don't belong. From my knowledge all of these guns were unregistered, so this is a big step forward for our city in terms of making a dent in gun related homicides. I agree our police department is more than inundated with post mortem cases; a load tough to bare for even Scottland Yard, let alone IMPD. In sum I more than support our police and the FBI, I just believe we deserve to know more as concerned citizens in what has quickly turned into a very violent city. I miss our beautiful city and the days when the most we had to worry about was drunken race fans on Carb Day and Indy 500.

Peace and MOO!

#justiceforBabyAmiah

Last edited:

I hear you, Ninja Bunny. I honestly agree with you on all these points. It has just been quiet for far too long especially considering the information that was given at the presser. Someone should have been arrested by now with the facts presented by LE at the presser alone. I don't know crim law well enough to know and state with accuracy whether a suspect can be arrested at one date and have heavier charges added at a later date once the case has been built up. It seems to me the public would be truly satiated if someone who misguided the police and threatened the victim (Amber/Amiah's mother) by taunting via text messages about the whereabouts of her missing 8-month-old. Just food for thought and humble concerns regarding due process.
Edit:
MOO

I don't think it ever hurts to show the public is following and taking notice of a case, even if it is being worked on hard behind the scenes, one does not know and it simply shows people have not forgotten and are awaiting those answers when they come. <snip>

I think it's safe to say they know the public is following the case. They're probably getting bombarded by texts, calls, and messages from various social media platforms, as well as people approaching them in person.

I hear you, Ninja Bunny. I honestly agree with you on all these points. It has just been quiet for far too long especially considering the information that was given at the presser. Someone should have been arrested by now with the facts presented by LE at the presser alone. I don't know crim law well enough to know and state with accuracy whether a suspect can be arrested at one date and have heavier charges added at a later date once the case has been built up. It seems to me the public would be truly satiated if someone who misguided the police and threatened the victim (Amber/Amiah's mother) by taunting via text messages about the whereabouts of her missing 8-month-old. Just food for thought and humble concerns regarding due process.
Edit:
MOO

It's one thing to know something, it's entirely another to be able to prove it in court. They have to be as sure as possible they have charges that will stick when they arrest someone or else there won't be justice for Amiah. Arresting someone prematurely just to satiate the public won't accomplish anything good in the long term and it won't get justice for Amiah.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back