OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With enough alcohol I think lots of people make semi questionable decisions... going to a strip club, while sleazy and not at all my cup of tea, doesn’t exactly raise any flags for me personally. Especially because it was their last stop, who knows if they had several rounds of birthday shots previous to that decision lol.
I am also trying to make sense of how weird the situation with the friend feels... is it possible that he was in fact high and had drugs so he left due to paranoia and the possibility she was going to contact the police soon?
Maybe the friend was responsible for an overdose that happened outside the hotel?
All just speculation!

"At around 4:30am, their friend, who lives about 10 minutes from the hotel, decided to go home."

This is one part of the story I cannot rationalize.

A "very close friend" is loaded and out wandering around a strange area at 4:00 AM......

Who would go home? Would you?

" as the sun began to rise, Tyler was still nowhere to be found.

Brittany then called an old roommate who lives in Columbus. He came to the hotel around 8am and the two of them drove around Easton together looking for Tyler. Brittany thought maybe he could have fallen asleep on a bench somewhere.

The search was fruitless.

She then called Tyler’s parents and then the Columbus Police Department around 10:30am."

This is the other part of the story I cannot rationalize.

My spouse, my best friend, has been missing for 6 hours and finally a call is made to the police?

Yes, I agree and no, as a good friend, I would not have left! It is weird. Very weird. And there must be some reason she did not call the police right away- that is so strange in my mind. And the whole friend thing is strange. She made it a point to explain that the two of them only get to be out by themselves three times per year- her birthday, his and their anniversary and so the friend tags along on her birthday celebration? Something is odd that he was there. I feel it in my gut. Also I read that both of the men fell alseep in the uber on the way back to the hotel and she said she woke the friend up first- why explain that?

Yes, I agree and no, as a good friend, I would not have left! It is weird. Very weird. And there must be some reason she did not call the police right away- that is so strange in my mind. And the whole friend thing is strange. She made it a point to explain that the two of them only get to be out by themselves three times per year- her birthday, his and their anniversary and so the friend tags along on her birthday celebration? Something is odd that he was there. I feel it in my gut. Also I read that both of the men fell alseep in the uber on the way back to the hotel and she said she woke the friend up first- why explain that?
I can’t wait to “the rest of the story” comes out......

Last edited:
The friend thing is very odd. I don’t understand why the friend has not made a plea or even come forward to say hey my friend is missing, please help me find him. I have seen her friends post, but nothing that seems to be in reference to this other friend. If they can only be alone 3 times per year I would be adamant that no other friend tags along. Long-standing friend or not. Just a lot of questions. I do feel the wife is guneine and I feel she really has no clue what happened, I could be wrong but I feel she would if made a slip up by now if involved. Is it strange that the police are so tight lipped about this? Do they truly not know or do they know and are gathering all the evidence before they proceed with arrest, search etc?

I guess more than anything I find the anonymity of the friend and the vague details of the friends encounter with Tyler outside the hotel to be odd. Let’s say for arguments sake that the friend was loaded or on drugs or carrying drugs, this explains why he would leave the hotel before police would be involved, but then why remain anonymous and not speak out in the media or anything when you’re not in danger of being busted with drugs or whatever? And the wife doesn’t name him either so either she or he does not want his name out there. If my best friend of 10 plus years went missing and I was the last one to see him I’d definitely be active looking for him and telling my story etc.

I do feel like the wife was genuine in her Facebook post, but I also feel like the wife offers up odd extra elements to the accounts she’s given. The part about waking the friend up first because Tyler doesn’t wake up well, and the other comment about two trees together being woods to Tyler seem out of place. I know psychology says that when people do that they are sometimes trying to normalcize a time in which something more significant happened, or they are adding human details to a story subconsciously because they are lying etc. Makes me curious is all. Perhaps she didn’t have anything to do with his disappearance or probable death, but I think she might have some incriminating details she’s omitting, at least to the public.

Perhaps she was just trying to be as detailed as possible by including that? I, too, believe that Brittany is genuine. My heart is broken for her. Again, when I worked at the local Pub with Tyler 2 years ago, he ended up leaving to take a better job so that he could better provide for his wife and the baby they were expecting. I know his family was his world. I cannot imagine what this woman is going through right now. She's obviously spending every second trying to get more information and seeking help to find her husband.
I have so many questions. Where all have they searched? Why hasn't the friend come forward? Why wouldn't the police give any kind of statement to Dateline (they usually give the old "This is an open investigation and that's all we can say at this time" comment? But my biggest question is how does someone literally disappear into thin air? Especially with all the technology we have at our disposal. . . . . smh.

The friend thing is very odd. I don’t understand why the friend has not made a plea or even come forward to say hey my friend is missing, please help me find him. I have seen her friends post, but nothing that seems to be in reference to this other friend. If they can only be alone 3 times per year I would be adamant that no other friend tags along. Long-standing friend or not. Just a lot of questions. I do feel the wife is guneine and I feel she really has no clue what happened, I could be wrong but I feel she would if made a slip up by now if involved. Is it strange that the police are so tight lipped about this? Do they truly not know or do they know and are gathering all the evidence before they proceed with arrest, search etc?

I also tend to believe what Brittany has said, which is a lot and detailed. So much is verifiable- restaurants, strip club, Uber rides, hotel cameras. Right up until when Tyler walks away.

Nothing suggests any planning by Brittany or the friend to do something bad, this wouldn't really be the place and time for that. And I don't believe that he intentionally walked away from his life and child.

Tyler is gone. No body is found in multiple searches of the hotel vicinity. If we assume that he is dead, then someone moved his body from the area. Someone that was in the vicinity of the Hilton early that morning and then left the area.

I also tend to believe what Brittany has said, which is a lot and detailed. So much is verifiable- restaurants, strip club, Uber rides, hotel cameras. Right up until when Tyler walks away.

Nothing suggests any planning by Brittany or the friend to do something bad, this wouldn't really be the place and time for that. And I don't believe that he intentionally walked away from his life and child.

Tyler is gone. No body is found in multiple searches of the hotel vicinity. If we assume that he is dead, then someone moved his body from the area. Someone that was in the vicinity of the Hilton early that morning and then left the area.
You summed everything up beautifully. I’ve been wondering... what with the bad reputation local LE seems to have.. is it possible that some of the searches weren’t conducted fully, properly, etc?

You summed everything up beautifully. I’ve been wondering... what with the bad reputation local LE seems to have.. is it possible that some of the searches weren’t conducted fully, properly, etc?

Yeah, I wonder that too, particularly the water searches.

I believe that local LE denied searching by outside groups IIRC- somebody correct me if I'm wrong. To me, that speaks of LE arrogance in a missing adult situation where no foul play has been suspected.

Can I ask...if you don’t believe that he intentionally walked away...and you don’t feel that the friend or wife had anything to do with his disappearance....then someone was lurking in the dark at 4am for him?

Can I ask...if you don’t believe that he intentionally walked away...and you don’t feel that the friend or wife had anything to do with his disappearance....then someone was lurking in the dark at 4am for him?

No. I don't think so. But what you said I said is not exactly what I said (trying to get "said" into a sentence as many times as possible!).

Missy knows Tyler and noted that his health wasn't great, although he was a casual drug user (as many of WSers are), not necessarily a bad thing. Brittany stated that Tyler was under the influence or "drunk", and was very confused in the last call- this can be interpreted as wasted. I think he may have passed away on his walk. And whoever supplied him with whatever, found him, and made a bad decision in removing him from the area. To cover themselves.

Trying to be vague and sensitive because it is more important to not implicate someone, than it is to be right.

This is a head scratcher...

ETA- welcome to WebSleuths!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads