OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disoriented, agitated, sleep deprived drunk men can get much further than you think. I've witnessed all kinds of weird behavior working at bars. Last call things get strange!
I know they do stupid things. I had a drunk guy bump into my great dane on the bike path when I was cycling with my great dane (the guy came stumbling out of a bar).
He was ready to wrestle my 180 pound dog. Talk about stupid behaviour. But I had no idea they would walk that far.

I think at 29 degrees there could easily be thin ice on bodies of water, ditches, retention ponds and creeks. Slipping falling, hitting his head falling in an inch of water would be deadly. :(
I was more thinking if it would have been visible if someone fell in a pond because the ice would have been cracked.

I know they do stupid things. I had a drunk guy bump into my great dane on the bike path when I was cycling with my great dane (the guy came stumbling out of a bar).
He was ready to wrestle my 180 pound dog. Talk about stupid behaviour. But I had no idea they would walk that far.

I used to be able to walk quite briskly when drunk leaving work easily cruise 3 miles to the closest 24-hour diner. Alcohol gives some people energy but groggy, and sleepy probably not that far unless he had a bump of cocaine.

This is upsetting. If they "rarely" run into LE refusing help, then why are they refusing help on Tyler's case? Logic would tell you that the only good reason for refusing help is if they already know what happened. . . . .

If they know what happened wouldn't they have discovered his body by now? Wouldn't they want help retrieving it ASAP? Not sure why they'd turn away free help. Any ideas?

If they know what happened wouldn't they have discovered his body by now? Wouldn't they want help retrieving it ASAP? Not sure why they'd turn away free help. Any ideas?

This is exactly my thoughts. My only idea is that they think her story is possibly bogus and they don’t feel like the woods part is accurate so they don’t want to waste the volunteer agencies hard earned fundraiser dollars or time on a false lead.

This is exactly my thoughts. My only idea is that they think her story is possibly bogus and they don’t feel like the woods part is accurate so they don’t want to waste the volunteer agencies hard earned fundraiser dollars or time on a false lead.

or have a sighting or pings leading much further away from that area. Interesting.
If they thought he left willingly on his own accord would they legally be obligated to inform his family? Or not? Does anyone know? Seems cruel.

Anyone know how long it takes to get cell phone records? I know they had an idea where Tyler’s phone last pinged at, but could they be waiting for actual text and call records for all the parties involved before going forward with searches? I would assume getting Tyler’s would be easy since he is missing and endangered but they might have to work for probable cause for records from the wife and friend.

or have a sighting or pings leading much further away from that area. Interesting.
If they thought he left willingly on his own accord would they legally be obligated to inform his family? Or not? Does anyone know? Seems cruel.
Good one.
I wonder how this Google location thing works. Would that have given clarity if he was in a moving vehicle (speedwise) or walking/staggering/resting (in between).

There are so many confusing things about this story. Especially when you start looking at numbers. The probability of certain things just seems unlikely.
Let's say, human trafficking. Reportedly, 2% of people trafficked are men (not including young boys and teens). Most for labor.
So, are we talking a crime of opportunity? Hey, here is this 29 year old man, smoking, hopefully he is a hard worker! Let's snatch him?
Let's move to the fact that he was "drugged at the club"... So, they drugged him, let him leave, followed him, and hoped at some point he would walk off in the wee hours of the bitter cold morning, all alone into the darkness? According to the wife, they waited outside for the Uber... Seems like a prime opportunity to rob someone you have drugged. Instead of following them for nearly 20 minutes, and waiting outside the hotel for another opportunity to take what he had.
Let's move to random homicide. In Columbus, there were 103 in 2018. 70 percent were African American, and almost half were in specific areas of the City. What I didn't dive into were how many were domestic situations vs random mugging homicides.
The Uber driver? He was, what? So mad that he waited around for this guy to be alone? His GSP would say so, if that was the case.
As far as all these missing men in Columbus. I'm wondering, are they unreported? I could only find 4 on the Attorney General's website in OH. One being Tyler. Two of them according to articles, were reported to have been acting paranoid. One, there wasn't anything on, the other was Tyler. So, unless there are dozens of unreported men missing in OH that the AG refuses to list, then it's 4. In 2019. That is not a crazy amount of missing men. I do however understand that there may be individuals who are not reported missing that turn up. Mostly they are high risk. Not your "out for a night on the town, 3x a year, full time job, supporting his family, regular" husband and father.
I just have so many questions. Mainly... What are the chances of a 29 year old white, average, low risk, "regular" male being abducted, assaulted, or murdered by a stranger in 29° weather at 4 am?
Now, what are the chances of a 29 year old white, average, low risk, "regular" male being abducted, assaulted, or murdered by someone they know in 29° weather at 4 am?
I think statistically, one of them is more realistic.
Though both seem out of the realm for normal people to understand.
I would love to hear from a few people. The strippers who spent time with them that evening. The bartender. The bounce. And, finally the Uber driver.
I don't think an accident could be ruled out. But, then were is the body? Someone came along and said, here is body... Guess I'll dispose of it?
You'd have to believe that he traveled to some obscure, out of range place, where his body would never be found.
So, here is where I've landed... In order for this to work, he has wondered off in to some weird, obscure, wayyyyy off the beaten path place and died. Because according to the family, they've searched the water, the woods, and entire area without finding a trace of him.
I'm a brand new poster guys! I'm only here because TCG has me riveted with this insane, bizzaro case!
Please don't tear me apart too bad. These are just my thoughts written out.
(All my numbers can be found through a bit of searching and reading on google)

There are so many confusing things about this story. Especially when you start looking at numbers. The probability of certain things just seems unlikely.
Let's say, human trafficking. Reportedly, 2% of people trafficked are men (not including young boys and teens). Most for labor.
So, are we talking a crime of opportunity? Hey, here is this 29 year old man, smoking, hopefully he is a hard worker! Let's snatch him?
Let's move to the fact that he was "drugged at the club"... So, they drugged him, let him leave, followed him, and hoped at some point he would walk off in the wee hours of the bitter cold morning, all alone into the darkness? According to the wife, they waited outside for the Uber... Seems like a prime opportunity to rob someone you have drugged. Instead of following they for nearly 20 minutes, and waiting outside the hotel for another opportunity to take what he had.
Let's move to random homicide. In OH, there were 103 in 2018. 70 percent were African American, and almost half were in specific areas of the City. What I didn't dive into were how many were domestic situations vs random mugging homicides.
The Uber driver? He was, what? So mad that he waited around for this guy to be alone? His GSP would say so, if that was the case.
As far as all these missing men in Columbus. I'm wondering, are they unreported? I could only find 4 on the Attorney General's website in OH. One being Tyler. Two of them according to articles, were reported to have been acting paranoid. One, there wasn't anything on, the other was Tyler. So, unless there are dozens of unreported men missing in OH that the AG refuses to list, then it's 4. In 2019. That is not a crazy amount of missing men. I do however understand that there may be individuals who are not reported missing that turn up. Mostly they are high risk. Not your "out for a night on the town, 3x a year, full time job, supporting his family, regular" husband and father.
I just have so many questions. Mainly... What are the chances of a 29 year old white, average, low risk, "regular" male being abducted, assaulted, or murdered by a stranger in 29° weather at 4 am?
Now, what are the chances of a 29 year old white, average, low risk, "regular" male being abducted, assaulted, or murdered by someone they know in 29° weather at 4 am?
I would love to hear from a few people. The strippers who spent time with them that evening. The bartender. The bounce. And, finally the Uber driver.
I don't think an accident could be ruled out. But, then were is the body? Someone came along and said, here is body... Guess I'll dispose of it?
You'd have to believe that he traveled to some obscure, out of range place, where his body would never be found.
So, here is where I've landed... In order for this to work, he has wondered off in to some weird, obscure, wayyyyy off the beaten path place and died. Because according to the family, they've searched the water, the woods, and entire area without finding a trace of him.
I'm a brand new poster guys! I'm only here because TCG has me riveted with this insane, bizzaro case!

I agree with you...if drugged why not mug him outside the strip club? why wait and follow him back to The Hilton? If it's the Uber Driver his pings,mileage will be a clue? What's his cell phone pings say?
Where did Tyler's phone last ping at?
I am leaning towards drunken misadventure accident, or passed out and died due to hyperthermia.
But isn't LE interested in searching for his body? Why turn away FREE help?

I agree with you...if drugged why not mug him outside the strip club? why wait and follow him back to The Hilton? If it's the Uber Driver his pings,mileage will be a clue? What's his cell phone pings say?
Where did Tyler's phone last ping at?
I am leaning towards drunken misadventure accident, or passed out and died due to hyperthermia.
But isn't LE interested in searching for his body? Why turn away FREE help?
Maybe they have specific answers? Maybe they just aren't giving that info out yet. Did LE say they have turned away outside help? Or did someone else say that? The reason I ask is because, I've read here that the family said it's all been searched. But, by who? Family and friends? LE? I'm not sure they have stated that. But, I could be wrong. Again, I'm new. And LOVE reading everyone's perspectives.

Anyone who can make an educated guess on how far a drunk/drugged passed out and subsequently woken up male without a coat could/would get in an hour?

1) not far- if the friends statement is true: that he saw Tyler after Tyler took off, and told Brittany he would be right back- Tyler was obviously close by. Tyler could not have been far from the Hilton.

2) far- if the friends statement is NOT true: that he saw Tyler after Tyler took off, and told Brittany he would be right back. In this case, it doesn't matter how far he was, since there would be so much else that wasn't true.

Maybe they have specific answers? Maybe they just aren't giving that info out yet. Did LE say they have turned away outside help? Or did someone else say that? The reason I ask is because, I've read here that the family said it's all been searched. But, by who? Family and friends? LE? I'm not sure they have stated that. But, I could be wrong. Again, I'm new. And LOVE reading everyone's perspectives.

Good question! I think I read it from BD's FB group when it was public, not 100% sure now.

I used to be able to walk quite briskly when drunk leaving work easily cruise 3 miles to the closest 24-hour diner. Alcohol gives some people energy but groggy, and sleepy probably not that far unless he had a bump of cocaine.
we have not had a particularly cold winter. I don't think there has been a consistent layer of ice on ponds this winter.

New here, just finished TCG. Don't think her story lines up, something just feels off. I don't think she necessarily did something to him... but she either has a suspicion or knows something she isn't saying. Things that really stood out to me - she made it clear that she keeps things separate from her husband (bank accounts, etc.) but then at the end makes it seem like she relies on him for everything. She gets very vague when talking about the friend during her husband's argument with him but then her voice brightens about how much the friend is helping her now since she's a "single parent". She never says "our son" either, only "her" son. Anyway, I hope he turns up well and if there is a person responsible they are caught. Can't imagine the terror of losing a loved one.

Let's move to the fact that he was "drugged at the club"... So, they drugged him, let him leave, followed him, and hoped at some point he would walk off in the wee hours of the bitter cold morning, all alone into the darkness? According to the wife, they waited outside for the Uber... Seems like a prime opportunity to rob someone you have drugged. Instead of following them for nearly 20 minutes, and waiting outside the hotel for another opportunity to take what he had.
Let's move to random homicide. In Columbus, there were 103 in 2018. 70 percent were African American, and almost half were in specific areas of the City. What I didn't dive into were how many were domestic situations vs random mugging homicides.

Welcome to Webseluths! great first post @ChickaDee221 ! I agree with you....did you see the pictures further back on the thread of the storm drains in the area? I wonder if those have ALL been searched...other than falling in one of those and possibly being stuck, injured from his fall and unable to move or yell, I think foul play is a definite possibility. Still, such a strange thing he hasn't been found yet.

I also wonder if there is a possibility someone could have hit him while they were driving drunk (at that time of night a definite possibility) and freaked out and loaded his body into their car and left? Seems so unlikely though that someone would do that - AND there are so many cameras around.....

Great post, welcome ChickaDee!

Statistics are a great way to look at things, especially when obscure theories get proposed (doesn't mean they are wrong).

Always look at who was last with a person.
Always look at romantic partners.
Always look for motive.

If I do that here, I don't see much supporting evidence or questions to implicate the last two people with Tyler. It is easy to say things are suspicious, but usually there is supporting evidence, ie marital trouble, evidence of planning a crime etc. Nothing lines up with premeditation.

Accidental death is always an option, but accidental death and no body is very unusual.

Searches often miss that they are looking for, and I'm question LE effort here. So Tyler's body could be out there within a search area.

1) I'm leaning accident and body is out there and not obvious. Drowning or hypothermia. Tyler sounded confused on the last call, and "could see the Hilton", maybe he was delirious and thought he saw the Hilton- due to hypothermia.
2) Backup theory is accidental death due to excessive alcohol/drugs (or even natural causes) and someone removed his body as a result (for fear of being implicated).

New here, just finished TCG. Don't think her story lines up, something just feels off. I don't think she necessarily did something to him... but she either has a suspicion or knows something she isn't saying. Things that really stood out to me - she made it clear that she keeps things separate from her husband (bank accounts, etc.) but then at the end makes it seem like she relies on him for everything. She gets very vague when talking about the friend during her husband's argument with him but then her voice brightens about how much the friend is helping her now since she's a "single parent". She never says "our son" either, only "her" son. Anyway, I hope he turns up well and if there is a person responsible they are caught. Can't imagine the terror of losing a loved one.
These are really intelligent observations you have made and I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan