ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
KNBN-TV Rapid City‏Verified account @NewsCenter1

Sunday marked 70 days since Serenity Dennard went missing from the Children’s Home Society. Community members gathered in Rockerville to honor her and share memories.

Community holds candlelight vigil for Serenity Dennard - KNBN NewsCenter1

KNBN-TV Rapid City on Twitter

It is really nice they did this for her and we have the senator helping again with this vigil.

It also said the governor published the reports on the home in an effort at transparency and they are looking to build more accountability to their licensing programs and are evaluating possible changes.

If something good comes from whatever has happened to Serenity, at least it may help save another child.

Both of these things bring me to tears.

I am glad to see this getting some of the attention it seemed to need a couple of months back.

70 days missing though, that is hard to believe, and no answers yet.

My prayers continue.

APR 17, 2019
Search and Rescue hopes to use budget supplement for Serenity search
The search for missing nine-year-old Serenity Dennard has come with a large price tag.

Search+Web+04-16-19.jpg

[...]

Search and Rescue is looking for the approval of a $73,000 budget supplement.

[...]

Kevin Thom says, "I don't know that all $73,000 will be spent on the Serenity search. It's tagged for that search plus other searches that may come up so it'll be a portion of that. But yes it helps offset some of the hard costs we have like renting the helicopters, food, things like that that we didn't budget for."

Commissioners scheduled the public hearing for May 7th.

Thom says crews will tentatively search for Serenity this weekend depending on the weather.

VIDEO: Serenity Dennard search increases search and rescue budget

ROCKERVILLE, S.D. (KOTA TV) - The search for 9-year-old Serenity Dennard will resume Friday, centering on the South Rockerville Road area. The search will include two Colorado K-9 teams and about 30 to 40 people. If necessary, the search will continue through Saturday.

More than 355 people have been interviewed, including about potential out-of-state sightings.

Serenity Dennard search resumes Friday

ROCKERVILLE, S.D. (KOTA TV) - The search for 9-year-old Serenity Dennard will resume Friday, centering on the South Rockerville Road area. The search will include two Colorado K-9 teams and about 30 to 40 people. If necessary, the search will continue through Saturday.

More than 355 people have been interviewed, including about potential out-of-state sightings.

Serenity Dennard search resumes Friday
That's good. Mostly sunny skies on Friday, by the looks of it, and the temperature should hit 70. Warm again in Saturday, but with rain moving in perhaps later in the day.

They were said to have narrowed down their search areas so let's hope she is found with this latest search. I would like to believe she is alive but I do not think it is likely and if not, the best we can hope for is that she can be located and laid to rest.

I will never forget this child nor her name--Serenity. I would like to see Serenity at peace, the very definition of her name.

Seems to me if you do the math on how far a child can travel in the temps on the day she disappeared, then draw a circle on a map using the distances, you would have a pretty good idea of the search area. With enough people fanning out in that area, if she is there, wouldn't she be found?

Seems to me if you do the math on how far a child can travel in the temps on the day she disappeared, then draw a circle on a map using the distances, you would have a pretty good idea of the search area. With enough people fanning out in that area, if she is there, wouldn't she be found?
This is a map of the area searched as of February 9. Unfortunately, the ground was still covered with snow and ice at that time which hindered both dog and human searchers.
5c5e2a915035b.image.jpg
The yellow lines represent people, the hot pink lines represent dogs, and the blue lines represent an airplane.

PHOTOS: The search for Serenity Dennard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member