Found Deceased MO - Tanner Ward, 19, Trenton, 7 June 2017

Thought that it was odd that in the initial posting he was 5'10
and in the later ones he was 6'2

I've note followed this case, but saw a segment yesterday on Crime Watch Daily with Chris Hanson. On that show someone mentioned he had no feet so he couldn't have climbed the tree. Thats using common sense.

Perhaps it also accounts for the height discrepancy. Seems the family believes it was a murder based on retaliation that went too far.

I've note followed this case, but saw a segment yesterday on Crime Watch Daily with Chris Hanson. On that show someone mentioned he had no feet so he couldn't have climbed the tree. Thats using common sense.

Perhaps it also accounts for the height discrepancy. Seems the family believes it was a murder based on retaliation that went too far.

He had no feet? Odd that wasn’t mentioned when he went missing. Did he have prosthetics?

Eta - never mind, I see crime watch said the feet were missing, so he did have feet when he was alive. Weird but I am sure LE would be able to tell if the feet were cut off or if animals had gotten to them post mortem. Sorry if that sounds crass or insensitive, that’s not my intention.

Just because some people were messing with his family and saying they killed him, doesn't make it murder... They might have just been cruel people making stuff up to hurt the family :( It seems a bit far-fetched that someone would dig up his body and hang it from a tree without anybody seeing, and then LE and the medical examiner would miss any signs that the body had been buried.

Nobody in their right mind would EVER believe this was a suicide!!!! You have a lazy, small town cop, for starters.
Do you (or anyone else who believes this was a suicide) actually LIVE in Missouri?
He went missing during a time of year where temps are in the 90’s, and about 80-90% humidity. His body was most definitely “preserved” before the murderer(s) finally hung him from a tree. (Condition of his body proves that). Oh, and don’t forget his feet were cut off. This might be the most obvious homicide (ruled a suicide), that I’ve ever seen. It disgusts me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is a bit of an older post now without many recent replies, but I was reading about this case the other day.
I had previously watched the episode of Crime Watch Daily on his case as well.
I'm fairly certain that he was murdered, that this wasn't a suicide. However, the forensic experts they brought in seem to think that he had been hanging in that tree for at least a little while.
He stated that gravity would cause the body to pull down from where the neck was tied up. He did not say how long he thought the body had been there.
Also, while researching the case, the teenagers apparently said that the path they took the day they found him was not the path they usually took.
So, I mean, maybe there is some truth to him having been there for a while, but I really doubt that this is a suicide, based solely on the fact that his feet were missing, among many other facts.

It doesn't look like it was mentioned here but Trenton was found to be a former residence of Bailey Boswell, with Tanner knowing someone she knew. She is currently under suspicion of being involved in the murder of Sydney Loofe.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=7890475

With that said, there was a similar case in Canada a few years ago where a young guy left a group of friends and was found a couple blocks away hung in an evergreen - it may have been really difficult for anyone to detect his body hung in a tree prior to the leaves falling, especially if it is a tree surrounded by other trees. It would have been extremely obvious to the ME if the body had been buried at any point not to mention the act of hanging skeletal remains would have likely caused some detatchment
Can you clarify the connection to Bailey Boswell?

I dunno I had been willing to believe Emily Noble had gone unnoticed up in that tree, too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back