Found Deceased MO - Tanner Ward, 19, Trenton, 7 June 2017

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Gardener1850, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

http://www.kttn.com/authorities-looking-for-trenton-teen-missing-since-june-7/

2. Loading...

3. Gardener1850

4. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

5. LisaWL7TR

LisaWL7TR New Member

6. Dalagali

Dalagali New Member

Still missing

7. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

8. fictionisbetter

fictionisbetter Member

9. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

RIP Tanner!

10. Gardener1850

RIP Tanner :rose:

11. Monaural Binkie

Monaural Binkie New Member

Anyone know any of the basics in this case that are missing from the news links? I know family and friends are pushing to have the case reopened and changed from suicide.
    They have a petition (am I allowed to link petitions here?) For the reopening and it has over 7000 signatures so far.
    The blurb on the petition states he left under suspicious circumstances and I'm wondering if anyone knows any more about that as I was unable to find anything much about the details.
    The family have been contacted it seems multiple times throughout his disappearance and we're told he was dead well before he was found, his body would never be found etc.
    Since he was found someone has also apparently sent family members and friends pictures of his body.
    I find the whole thing very strange and would love any more info anyone may have.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

12. Monaural Binkie

13. davehead21

davehead21 Active Member

I was hoping someone would bring up the petition - not sure if it's able to be linked here or not.

I live in the KC area so this case is of interest to me. I also have family who lives in Trenton. From my understanding, Tanner left his mother's home, said he would be back, but never returned. I am assuming the fact that he said he would return and did not are the "suspicious" circumstances. It's not really much to go on, though, is it?

I have also read that the family was contacted multiple times over the past 6 months and were told he was dead. It's also been stated that there is an audio recording of two specific people stating they killed him and buried his body. So much of this case is rumor, so I want to tread lightly.

It's beyond disgusting that people have sent his family pictures of his body...ugh.

I find it curious that an autopsy was completed so quickly. There is definitely something really fishy about this case IMO.

14. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

http://ktvo.com/news/local/autopsy-performed-on-trenton-human-remains

15. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

Just because some people were messing with his family and saying they killed him, doesn't make it murder... They might have just been cruel people making stuff up to hurt the family :( It seems a bit far-fetched that someone would dig up his body and hang it from a tree without anybody seeing, and then LE and the medical examiner would miss any signs that the body had been buried.

16. anonypotomous

anonypotomous Active Member

Denial is a powerful thing.

17. davehead21

davehead21 Active Member

No one here has said that.

18. Monaural Binkie

Thanks for the reply! I wasn't sure if anybody on here was following this one.
    Apologies in advance, I'm relatively new to posting here and not really sure of how to quote multiple posts or specify which part of your post I am replying to so I'm just going to reply separately.. [emoji15]

I am in no way local, actually in the UK, but very interested in this case also. I have a baby of a similar age to Tanner's and I can't imagine being in his his gf's position.

I had heard about the tips but didn't know about the audio recording. I believe there were a few videos too.
    I was intrigued to see that at one point LE had actually pointed out a couple of areas they were interested in gathering witnesses from.
    Was there much of a fuss about the case locally? I am finding it hard to find many news articles, and was shocked not to find a dedicated facebook page or anything.

Definitely interested in finding out more. Going to try to do some research tonight.

19. Monaural Binkie

I'm not implying that tips=murder, or that all of the theories the family have are fact.

I think that the 7000 (or probably much more by now) signatures on the petition are telling though. I haven't found a single person who knew Tanner who thinks suicide is a possibility let alone likely.

The tips could have been someone's idea of a joke, but people involved in the investigation including LE at one point do seem to have given them enough credence for me to believe they were worthy of discussion at least.

I agree the whole digging up the body thing sounds unlikely, but I also think it's strange that a body hanging in a tree on the route to school taken every day by students would go unnoticed for 6 months.

20. *~Aimee~*

*~Aimee~* A Dream is a wish your Heart Makes

21. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

Presumably LE took the tips seriously, investigated them and ultimately found them to be unsubstantiated.

If Tanner's body was hanging high up in a tree I find it completely plausible that nobody saw him sooner. People don't tend to look up into trees a lot when walking from A to B, and foliage was probably hiding the body. I've read about other cases where a body was eventually found hanging from a tree close to home, and had been missed for months by search parties.