Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
The oddities of the news conference:
1) Suspect is between 18 and 40??? That's a big range.
2) Sketch looks completely different.
3) "Abandoned" car. Normal description of a car that is now gone would be "parked" car. That seemed odd. Abandoned means you have it in your possession or it sat there for days. But if it was really abandoned, LE would have that license plate the day the girls were found and they could find the owner or borrower quickly.
4) He may be in this room.. Very angry look at other LE and media. What's that mean? I think it means they have no earthly idea who it is. I wonder if the killer has sent LE a letter taunting them.. saying he is watching them from close by or something.
5) Video of the man walking. Yeh, it's stabilized but why wait to give that out now? My guess is they were trying to justify the news conference and needed another thing to throw in.
6) Referencing the book "The Shack". That was very odd and awkward. To me, this had to be a targeted message to the killer that LE is onto them and possibly watching them. Maybe they found evidence the girls were in shed.. or that the DNA of the perp was on this same exact book title found in the road next to the abandoned car, whatever? There is a reason for the reference to this book. He also said the person may have only a small shred of decency...to give them a chance to come forward and come clean.

Any other thoughts on what was odd?
I got the impression they know or suspect there is a religion angle, or that the killer is religious. Perhaps because of something left at the murder scene or the manner of death?

I think the video clears up in some ways the white stretchy thinking sticking out of the top of his jacket. Some thought is might be cigarette or vape smoke, but it’s easy to see now the shape doesn’t change. Steady. It makes me think it might be part of the kit.

But did he know they would be there, or did he come prepared for any potential victim of his preference that might stumble along?
Good question. My most stable thought on that question is that he knew school would be out and it's a hangout place. Then he just waited for the opportunity to snag a victim or victims.
Could he view the drop off point from the DCF building?

I think the video clears up in some ways the white stretchy thinking sticking out of the top of his jacket. Some thought is might be cigarette or vape smoke, but it’s easy to see now the shape doesn’t change. Steady. It makes me think it might be part of the kit.

But did he know they would be there, or did he come prepared for any potential victim of his preference that might stumble along?

I have asked myself that question since day one I hope we get the answer one day (hopefully soon). I also want to know what other crimes he is involved in you don’t wake up one morning and decide to do this.

I really think our habits have changed to the point we don't even know our neighbors any more. Two income families. Online on phones the rest of the time. At least that's how I feel. I think people with children in school are more likely to connect. That's what I see where I live.
I may not know my neighbors, but I would know that hat the BG wore ! I don't know what that style of hat is, but I have never seen anyone wear one on a hiking trail. They wear ball caps around here. Seriously do anyone posters here wear a cap like that ? Or know anyone who does? Only a super old dorky guy would wear that hat.

I have asked myself that question since day one I hope we get the answer one day (hopefully soon). I also want to know what other crimes he is involved in you don’t wake up one morning and decide to do this.
Right. My feeling is he's been molesting children for some time and that was the original main intent. I also think he probably watches snuf *advertiser censored* and he acted out his fantasy from seeing that stuff. jmo

Me? Without hesitation. Not for a misdemeanor or something, but hurt a kid and you're toast in my eyes.
If BG was your son or brother would you turn him in?
I'm thinking that's what we have here....someone knowing but they love their relative so much they can't bring themselves to turn them in. It would be hard.

Essentially, yes - the bridge and ties are both very degraded and were in disrepair. At the time of the murders, it was (and still is) illegal to walk on the bridge because of its hazardous nature.

Judging by the video and the photo Libby took of Abby from the third platform, it is also evident that BG crossed that bridge with some measure of speed to close the distance between them.

I am not a doctor, but I think it unlikely that he is handicapped as indicated by others in the thread.
The only handicap, and perhaps added adjustment to his gait, was all the murderous gear he had stuffed under his jacket....

Speculation and opinion only

I may not know my neighbors, but I would know that hat the BG wore ! I don't know what that style of hat is, but I have never seen anyone wear one on a hiking trail. They wear ball caps around here. Seriously do anyone posters here wear a cap like that ? Or know anyone who does? Only a super old dorky guy would wear that hat.
idk. It went down with ear warmers right? I think a lot of people wear that in the cold.

It would be awesome if people who live in Delphi and the surrounding community, could get a reduced rate or free DNA testing for everyone and anyone who wants to volunteer. I know it would take time and money, but think of how great the chances are that LE would get a familial hit. If it would have been offered two years ago, they have it solved already, I'll bet.

Right. My feeling is he's been molesting children for some time and that was the original main intent. I also think he probably watches snuf *advertiser censored* and he acted out his fantasy from seeing that stuff. jmo
I agree this wasn't his first offense. After all, he has gone undetected this long. Pre-planned, executed, and no doubt has been following all the news to nourish his memories; burnish them in his mind.

Police Superintendent Doug Carter's body language imo, is very telling. There were moments, where it appeared that he stared someone down, someone who was on the left of the room. When he said "I recently watched a movie called The Shack", he turned and looked directly at someone to his left. A few moments later, he says "I can assure you, that how you left them in that woods, is not, is not what they're experiencing today" and the look on Doug Carter's face to whoever he is locking eye contact with, is powerful. There is so much hurt, anger and betrayal in Doug's face.

I wish we could see who was in the audience of the press conference.

My feeling is the killer is quite likely connected to one of the families and has been very supportive and helpful during the investigation.

I got the impression they know or suspect there is a religion angle, or that the killer is religious. Perhaps because of something left at the murder scene or the manner of death?
Or perhaps it's a previous POI who just announced he has turned his life back to God and recently got some religious tattoos.

Last edited:
It would be awesome if people who live in Delphi and the surrounding community, could get a reduced rate or free DNA testing for everyone and anyone who wants to volunteer. I know it would take time and money, but think of how great the chances are that LE would get a familial hit. If it would have been offered two years ago, they have it solved already, I'll bet.
The only ones that wouldn't do it are the ones I'd be looking at....

I think the Logistics of the bridge affect bg’s awkward walk. But also I think he is trying to keep things from falling out of his jacket that he has stuffed inside. Also, looks to me like he has something stuck down his right pants leg something that goes from his waist to his knee like stick/pole/batton. This makes it hard to bend his right knee.

what?! what?! what do you see? lol. ( i know, i know, it probably can't be discussed. i have been down so many crazy rabbit holes today searching this case again. i'm dying to connect my puzzle pieces with someone else's! :) but i know it can't be done here.) . hopefully SOON.
Nothing earth shattering.... I see a wall of media, which soothes my troubled thoughts that someone in particular was being eyeballed. Not entirely, but a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member