Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only ones that wouldn't do it are the ones I'd be looking at....

To be fair once your dna is submitted to these companies they basically own it- some people just arent comfortable with that or future implications.

This. I would never willingly submit my DNA to companies or law enforcement, even to rule myself out. I have the utmost respect for the investigators who process these gruesome and tragic crimes, but ethics laws have not caught up to DNA yet, and I would prefer for my DNA to remain my own business.

Of course, I'm also not a criminal, so...

While I am very glad that they have released more information to help the public, I do feel that it was done because they were at a dead end, which is disappointing. So what do you do? Back to the drawing board. Before I read the information that the sketch they released yesterday was one they had almost from Day 1, I was speculating that the new sketch came from a super high-tech analysis and cleanup of the original video, perhaps courtesy of the FBI, that eliminated anomalies and shadows and accounted for angles that basically were creating a distorted picture of BG. Now, it's possible they still did that and realized hey, now he looks just like our original sketch!

I don't for a minute think this sketch came from DNA/Parabon - the original sketch, with all its detail and much more realistic-look, DID look like that to me - either that, or an extrapolation of stills from the video. Which as we know, any processing, cleanup, etc., are based on assumptions, etc. I think also the possibility that they believe BG changed his appearance is also a driving factor.

I don't believe the following speculation I've seen here:
  • LE knows who he is: If they did, they would name him. It's been 2 years, it's not like it's Day 2 of the investigation. All other possibilities should have been eliminated by now.
  • He was known to Abby, Libby, or the family. The family wants justice. They would've identified him by now, since I'm positive they have interviewed and re-interviewed everyone with even peripheral connections to Libby and Abby.
  • He catfished, contacted online, or had some electronic interaction with the girls: Again, it's been 2 years. By now they should have gone down every rabbit hole regarding social media and phones
Since I'm not local, I don't have much to add/speculate regarding the location of the vehicle, who/why it might have been there, nor anything useful regarding the additional audio - I think honestly, that's only helpful if you know the person.

I'm ever hopeful that the change in direction will yield new tips - this is such a drastically different sketch, that if it is a more accurate representation of BG/killer, that it will allow someone to put two and two together and turn him in!

I agree I think its a stranger who was well known to the community but not to the girls if that makes sense. Also I think it could possibly be as well that the girls may have known who he is but didn't know him well enough to call him a friend. For example I live in the smallest area in PA(my town is like 500 people) and even I don't know everyone where I live. I know who the pastor of the church is and who the priest is but I am no where near close to them so if they were to start following me I would for sure get weird af feeling and pull my phone out. You see what I mean? I think it could be a possible scenerio of knowing a person by looks and name but NOT being close to them at all.

So when Libby started recording, I would think if she knew him in a way that she was comfortable, she would have said "oh look there is Joe, etc". So either she knew him and was immediately concerned seeing him or she didn't know him at all.

The recording is from a bit of a distance though, why didn't they turn and run....or if they did, how did he catch both....which has me thinking the gait could be a weapon that could easily take them down....

It is still so strange that no one knows who he is in such a small population, it seems odd that someone who is a murderer would just happen to be there with a weapon when the girls were there.

All my opinion of course, but in some way, known to them or not, he had to be stalking at least one of them....and they (or at least Libby) immediately felt uneasy....I wonder if there is more video of him approaching more closely that they aren't releasing, I don't understand why the filming just ended....

I really hope that someone knows something soon.

It may be an artefact of perspective/ the fact that he's turning direction towards the girls.
In a clinical assessment of gait,and /or injury there are things you observe. He has this purposeful 'lifting " of the leg. You see it with people with hip, leg, back injuries and or stroke. You see it with people with sciatica . You see it with someone with a prothesis.It is not a "sprain" to the foot because he can bear weight pivot and transition. I wish the clip was longer. I don't believe this guy is young. I would say thirty on up. I NEED A PHYSICAL THERAPIST to review, LOL Plus, a longer tape.

To me it looks like he's cupping his hand to keep whatever he has stuffed underneath his coat from falling out the bottom. His coat is definitely fuller on that side. It even looks like it pulls on the coat buttons.
His right our left?

I agree this wasn't his first offense. After all, he has gone undetected this long. Pre-planned, executed, and no doubt has been following all the news to nourish his memories; burnish them in his mind.

You know, the more I think about it, this was a calmly collected guy, with no hesticancy or nervousness to trap and force the girls down the hill. He almost seems polite. I can see why the Superintendent was so inflamed. I feel it. Hope the rest of the world and anyone knowing him understands the danger he poses to another situation he stalks or wanders into.

Side note:

Went back to look for a link on types, not done searching: Serial Rapists - FBI Retired | Official FBIretired Website

I tend towards thinking he made a plan to meet up with one of them, maybe using his younger photo. Maybe he wasn't expecting both girls. It looks to me like he came prepared for an assault with a gun or something in that pouch that he's reaching for. But if he were tech-savvy enough to catfish and avoid detection all this time, why would he have left Libby's phone behind and not destroyed it? Even if he didn't see it, any adult would assume a teenager would have one and look for it. Unless it got tossed out of reach and he couldn't find it.

Ugghh...sorry for rambling. This case gets into your head, poor sweet girls :(

#3 enhancement =I can see the hair now, not a hat. Def looks younger with a brown fanny pack around his waist. Question is, who still wears these? Can't imagine a twenty-something wearing this, but I feel like I am seeing someone in their early 30's-not 40's MOO

EBM
The third image also shows how thin the BG really is. Look at the hand placement-those aren't wide hips. Those are thin, and it almost looks like he's trying to hold his pants up.
I wonder if they looked at any high school kids who have since left for college.

Last edited:
I think someone was being eyeballed.....but I don't know why.
I think he was simply looking directly into a camera. In what he thought was a serious "we know who you are" way. I don't think he was staring down the suspect in the room during the news conference. Just my opinion. Anyway, the killer probably couldn't get a fair trial after being " stared down" by the police chief in public, and on the television, at a news conference no less, before having been arrested, having his rights read, legal representation etc.

I tend towards thinking he made a plan to meet up with one of them, maybe using his younger photo. Maybe he wasn't expecting both girls. It looks to me like he came prepared for an assault with a gun or something in that pouch that he's reaching for. But if he were tech-savvy enough to catfish and avoid detection all this time, why would he have left Libby's phone behind and not destroyed it? Even if he didn't see it, any adult would assume a teenager would have one and look for it. Unless it got tossed out of reach and he couldn't find it.

Ugghh...sorry for rambling. This case gets into your head, poor sweet girls :(
Because he probably knew they could track it via gps or by cell tower pings.

I noticed it too. I thought maybe the right leg is shorter than the left, or that there was a knee injury/surgery that required him to lift his thigh so high to step. Something is off with the right leg. Could it be a brace? Seems to use his hip to lift his leg.
Yep, could be a brace. There is a crease or line where his pants fall at his knee. Generally, when you stand or walk you pants dont remain hiked at the knee. A brace or something would be a good guess. ONly when he is caught will we know for sure.

So when Libby started recording, I would think if she knew him in a way that she was comfortable, she would have said "oh look there is Joe, etc". So either she knew him and was immediately concerned seeing him or she didn't know him at all.

The recording is from a bit of a distance though, why didn't they turn and run....or if they did, how did he catch both....which has me thinking the gait could be a weapon that could easily take them down....

It is still so strange that no one knows who he is in such a small population, it seems odd that someone who is a murderer would just happen to be there with a weapon when the girls were there.

All my opinion of course, but in some way, known to them or not, he had to be stalking at least one of them....and they (or at least Libby) immediately felt uneasy....I wonder if there is more video of him approaching more closely that they aren't releasing, I don't understand why the filming just ended....

I really hope that someone knows something soon.
Maybe he befriended them.

But did he know they would be there, or did he come prepared for any potential victim of his preference that might stumble along?

I find it difficult to believe that BG simply turned up and waited for a suitable target to appear. After all, I doubt many young, unaccompanied girls frequent that particular stretch of secluded woodland. It seems all too coincidental to me that BG happened to have everything prepared, disguise and all, on the same day that two children were alone in the area. In my opinion, BG was known to the family and had advanced knowledge that the girls were going to be there.

I know I would, and am sure many here at WS feel the same way. Unfortunately, so many people don't want the hassle of "getting involved" no matter what they know or how related to the situation.

I saw a video, it was a famous case where people looked out their windows of an apartment building while a woman was beat to death. I think someone called the police finally, but all because they didn't want to "get involved". They just closed the curtain and ignored her screams.

I hope these two sweet girls have touched enough lives it gets the right people involved. No matter how frightening or inconvenient it may seem.
Kitty Genovese.

But I wouldn't read too much into what BG was wearing, based on weather. I get cold easily and will wear layers if it is under 70. Others in my family will be out in short sleeves if it is sunny and in the 40s. It just depends on the individual.
You can be sunny one minute and cold that next that time of you in Indy. It was February.

I do think the way he walks and holds the right side of his ensemble indicates there may be a weapon there - likely a gun. I also think that if I were 14 and someone I knew pointed a gun at me, I might still be able to keep recording, but I don't know that I'd have the wits about me to state their name.

Hell, I don't even greet my friends by name when I see them most of the time, we just know who we are. If there was a commonality between the girls and BG, they might not have been thinking about getting information to law enforcement, they might have just reverted to what would be normal conversation for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa