Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe BG was parked somewhere close to where the girls were dropped off. Watching. When he realized they were on the bridge alone, he moved his vehicle to the abandoned building location. Made his way to the bridge. Very calculated. Possibly he took advantage of THESE girls because they were there and vulnerable.

Profilers have done studies on type of jobs murderers are attracted
to: The Orange County Ca. cop had held 3 of popular jobs for killers- warehouse worker, cop, and truck driver.
Chef is on the list also. If crime was on Monday. could he be a cook locally and this was on his day off, after busy weekend.
Clergy usually have Mondays off. People involved with the schools, too, or were teachers still working that day? Anyone working after-school hours. Retired, unemployed, salespeople, freelancers, etc. also may be available on a Monday afternoon.

Also, this person apparently has ties to Delphi, but that doesn't mean he actually lives in Delphi. So he might be instantly recognizable except to the people he interacts with when in Delphi. He could be a respected person from a nearby community with family or work tied in Delphi.

jmo

Scarily, he wouldn't need much in his pocket. A gun, zip tie those two things could very easily get control of a person, and do whatever. Clothing on the victim could be used to gag ,or tie up legs ,or arms as well. Murderers IMO are resourceful. While some serial killers have kept kill kits, many murderers do not.

Can someone point me to a map of the bridge, and where that abandoned building is in relationship to the bridge?

Sorry in advance if this theory has already been posted - the thread is too long for me to read completely. Just wanted to say that after watching the presser, my theory is that BG has been inquiring heavily about progress on the case both in person and anonymously online and he accidentally included an unpublished fact, which caught the attention of the police, who started monitoring him. (I wonder if it was something about how the girls' bodies were left, because the police specifically say the girls are not how you left them). This explains how the police seem to know a lot about BG without knowing his exact identity. I think the police dropped clues to let BG know they're monitoring him (the Shack, the fact that he has a family and that someone has noticed he's acting differently). I'm sure they'll be able to connect the online identity with BG in time, but it'll go faster if the person/people he was talking online with recognize the details and go to the police, or if BG cracks under pressure after realizing he's being monitored and someone reports his unusual behavior.
That could also explain Carter's quote of "you've made mistakes" in the PC. Perhaps BG didn't leave many clues at the crime scene but through monitoring and inquiring about the case finally slipped up. I've thought from about 2-3 min. into the PC that they have someone in mind but want to make absolute certain it's THE guy and part of the PC was to rattle him. I wouldn't be surprised if ISP has a person or persons under surveillance and are now monitoring to see how they react to the PC.

The last thing LE wants in a case like this is to leave any crack for a suspect to slip through legally because the case wasn't iron tight. Once they catch BG, I would be shocked if they don't pursue the death penalty. The community, state of Indiana and many in the public who follow this case want vengeance for this atrocity of a crime so they need to be airtight. If these efforts result in the killer of these two girls getting a needle in his arm then take whatever time they need to make that happen.

Scarily, he wouldn't need much in his pocket. A gun, zip tie those two things could very easily get control of a person, and do whatever. Clothing on the victim could be used to gag ,or tie up legs ,or arms as well. Murderers IMO are resourceful. While some serial killers have kept kill kits, many murderers do not.
True. A weapon would be all he really needed.

I doubt he came prepared with zip ties or anything. If he tied them up, he could have just used their shoelaces.

I'll try to find it but I *think* I read her phone was dead by then.
My info was in the context of LE trying to ping her phone. It was off or the battery was dead or phone destroyed (we don't know if it was recovered).

Does anyone remember that early on it was reported that a woman claimed to have seen a man dressed like BG sitting somewhere on a park bench? I don't know if that was ever proven a false report or not; I just remember hearing it and thinking it was significant.

If it did happen as reported, it's possible Abby and Libby saw the same guy sitting. Maybe he stared at them as they walked by, or said something to them. They would likely have dismissed it soon after--until they noticed him way back behind them on the bridge moving too quickly toward them. That could be when they thought something wasn't quite right and Libby thought it wise to keep her phone in record mode.

This all just theory of course. I have nothing to base any of it on except the woman's initial report. And I don't even know if that is a true account or not.

Well aside from Orange not flattering on him, interesting, what else?
He has YouTube videos selling cars......the only thing I saw was that everyone young and old dresses the same in that area.

Just some support for my drawings of the POI on page 3. If you disagree, lemme know why, keep the ball rolling.

Attachments

• enhanced.JPG
    enhanced.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 141
  • perspective 2.JPG
    perspective 2.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 133
  • perspective.JPG
    perspective.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 136
  • stacheman.JPG
    stacheman.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 134
Clergy usually have Mondays off. People involved with the schools, too, or were teachers still working that day? Anyone working after-school hours. Retired, unemployed, salespeople, freelancers, etc. also may be available on a Monday afternoon.

Also, this person apparently has ties to Delphi, but that doesn't mean he actually lives in Delphi. So he might be instantly recognizable except to the people he interacts with when in Delphi. He could be a respected person from a nearby community with family or work tied in Delphi.

jmo

I doubt he lives in Delphi. The community is so small, I can't imagine him living there and not being found yet. All IMO

At the very least, I think he came prepared with a knife, or more likely, a gun.

He’d have to control them somehow.

I think it’s possible that he tied them up, but that likelihood varies based on the murder method.
He could have carried a weapon in his vehicle anyway. A lot of rural people do.

What bothers me is the timing. You're talking what, maybe 35-40 minutes from when they got dropped off until he met up with them? Was he really just out on a walking trail stalking any potential victim, or was that 35-40 minutes spent getting a weapon and coat on, hiding the car in an old lot, then walking the trail trying to catch up with them?

I still believe that he had advanced knowledge the girls were going to be there. What are the odds that an opportunist killer happened to be in that particular area of secluded woodland on the very same day that two young, unsupervised girls would be there? MOO, he had taken an interest in/harboured a grudge against one or both of these girls beforehand, found out somehow that they were going to in the woodlands that day, and concocted a plan to murder them. If my theory is correct, then it is totally plausible that the killer is 'hiding in plain sight'.

Not sure where you are from. I have never been to Delphi but where I am from (the rural part of the DMV) there are many named parks, river areas, etc. that outsiders would call hard to find, but “everyone who lives here knows.
That's what I mean .

I doubt he lives in Delphi. The community is so small, I can't imagine him living there and not being found yet. All IMO

Really! I’m thinking maybe in Cinci or Indy.
Maybe does come to Delphi to visit family. If from there & raised there, he must be known by 2/3 of the pop’, I would think.

excellent eye! I was thinking that too, with those hunting hats they are a softer quilt like structure, often wool so they dent at the top. Also if he is wearing it a little off his scalp it will depress like that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419