Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows: they may have too much DNA. To me, the question about DNA is not as important without the rest of the puzzle pieces. Unless the DNA was found and collected in a manner that absolutely links the donor with the actual crime (I'm not going into details), collecting DNA in this case is simply circumstantial.

Even the worst public defender can set a defense of "Your Honor, my client took a leak in the woods an hour before this crime and had nothing to do with this". People tend to think that DNA makes or breaks a case but it's just another tool to build a case, not prove guilt or innocence.

Perhaps I didnt say it correctly but you did. DNA IS only a tool. And just like any other piece of evidence, it provides a lead....not guilt OR innocence.
IMHO

The more I listen to the audio clip the more it sounds to me like he’s trying to be friendly. It’s made me think of something I read about not teaching kids about ‘stranger danger’ but about ‘tricky people’- adults who ask children for help. For example, ‘I’ve lost my dog, can you help me find him?’, ‘my friend is hurt, could you come with me while I get help’ etc. Kind young people who want to be helpful are likely to go along with this, possibly even whilst suspicious enough to record in secret.

Maybe the missing chunk of audio is critical in terms of how he got them down the hill under a false pretence. LE don’t want this released as it’s a great piece of info for eliminating false confessions.

My apologies if this has been posted already, but I’m following from the U.K. and the time difference means I often have 60+ pages to catch up on!

Funny how we all interpret differently. To me he sounds authoritative, not like someone to be afraid of, more like he’s told them “do what I say.....”, and he is directing them. Idk why he told them down the hill, where did he think they’d go?

[naming and discussing a non-poi]

Stop. Stop quoting this, stop bringing it up, stop discussing it here. Take it to private conversations if you want to continue following this thread. It is against the Terms of Service of this site to continue to sleuth people in unrelated cases who have not been named persons of interest.

You are who is being spoken to. Please take this conversation to private messages before this thread is locked.

to provide answers... and referencing the shack... which is a huge parrallel his way of giving us bread crumbs

Do you think The Shack reference to mean more than the way it was explained? I do not, jmo.
I thought DC wished to address the gruesome nature of the crime w/o actually addressing it.
I have always thought a machete or ax was used. Jmo

I'm think about the timing of all of this. Middle of the day on a weekday, when most adult men would be working (depending on shift). I know the obvious answer is he worked at the school, therefore he also had the day off. But I'm considering other jobs that might offer a person middle of the weekday freedom. Railroad worker (night or weekend shift)? It was Feb., the off-season, so farmers, landscapers, etc?

To me, I feel this was specific to those girls, but I think only because he saw the opportunity. I'm very curious if BG saw the girls get dropped off, or saw the sister drive by with the girls and a minute later without, so assumed they'd been dropped at the trail? But then why was he in that area with his car? There's a farm implement and supply store between where the car was parked, and where the girls were dropped off. IDK.

I feel BG is a nobody. If he was prominent in the community, the witnesses would have recognized him, there would have been a reaction in the room when the sketch was revealed, etc. JMO
Great post. I recall a post earlier in this thread about a hog plant close-by? I grew up around one and they run 24/7 with 2-3rd shifts...hmmm. MOO

The Shack reference was explained as talking about evil, death and eternity, iirc.
I don’t think there’s any other connection other than DC to mean the girls are now in heaven & the gruesomeness of your crime is gone. Jmo

This...
Also telling him directly that he no longer has control over the girls, his victims, and that they have knowledge he is not aware of...hmm.

It was on a Dr Phil show that we first learned it was Libby’s dad who was supposed to pick up the girls. This is what BP said:

“Just 24-hours before, the girls were hiking the trails, dropped off around 1:45 p.m. on Feb. 13. About 25 minutes later, Libby posted a Snapchat of Abby on the bridge. By 3:11 p.m., they had gone silent, Libby’s dad trying to track them down.

“He got there and nobody was there. He ran into a guy and he was coming from the bridge. He said ‘did you happen to see two girls up there?’ He said ‘no I did not.’ By 4 p.m. it was like ‘oh man,’” said Patty.”

Families of Abby and Libby take FOX59 through final hours of the Delphi teens

Something I can’t get quite straight, maybe others have ideas....but who was the man coming from the bridge? Wouldn’t he have been a potential suspect? But Libby’s dad can’t have been involved in the creating the police sketch as reportedly the witness had only came forward “recently”, prior to the sketch being released in July17.

So now we have a suspicious car parked by an abandoned building from noon until 5pm on the day of the murders and a sketch released of a different looking person. Maybe LE were somehow able to finally connect the person sighted coming off the bridge to the parked car? Then he walked back to town from the trail system and hung for awhile to not raise suspicion, making it appear he was doing something in town all afternoon in case the bodies were found that same day? I don’t know but I’ve always wondered about the huge coincidence of this man sighted coming from the bridge and where he’d came from.

I’m intrigued by this. Due to the timeline (phone silent by 3:11 and dad speaks with man on bridge prior to 4) I can’t imagine the man is the killer, but I’m shocked he’d have heard nothing. Was it over that quickly? How close were their bodies to the bridge? I’m still not clear on locations.

Funny how we all interpret differently. To me he sounds authoritative, not like someone to be afraid of, more like he’s told them “do what I say.....”, and he is directing them. Idk why he told them down the hill, where did he think they’d go?
Maybe he thought they would run on down the railroad bed, toward that farm with the red barn.

I completely agree, I am definitely getting more of a "do as I say" tone. Which after listening to the press conference and the emphasis of "power," it makes sense.

It was on a Dr Phil show that we first learned it was Libby’s dad who was supposed to pick up the girls. This is what BP said:

“Just 24-hours before, the girls were hiking the trails, dropped off around 1:45 p.m. on Feb. 13. About 25 minutes later, Libby posted a Snapchat of Abby on the bridge. By 3:11 p.m., they had gone silent, Libby’s dad trying to track them down.

“He got there and nobody was there. He ran into a guy and he was coming from the bridge. He said ‘did you happen to see two girls up there?’ He said ‘no I did not.’ By 4 p.m. it was like ‘oh man,’” said Patty.”

Families of Abby and Libby take FOX59 through final hours of the Delphi teens

Something I can’t get quite straight, maybe others have ideas....but who was the man coming from the bridge? Wouldn’t he have been a potential suspect? But Libby’s dad can’t have been involved in the creating the police sketch as reportedly the witness had only came forward “recently”, prior to the sketch being released in July17.

So now we have a suspicious car parked by an abandoned building from noon until 5pm on the day of the murders and a sketch released of a different looking person. Maybe LE were somehow able to finally connect the person sighted coming off the bridge to the parked car? Then he walked back to town from the trail system and hung for awhile to not raise suspicion, making it appear he was doing something in town all afternoon in case the bodies were found that same day? I don’t know but I’ve always wondered about the huge coincidence of this man sighted coming from the bridge and where he’d came from.

I’m a newbie to this case, but am also wondering did anything more come of the guy Libby’s dad saw on the bridge??? IMO he would be a prime suspect. Did her dad ever give a description of that guy??

It is funny, I thought that too until hearing the new clip with ‘guys’ added. I know there’s been more than enough discussion about the word already and I understand it’s a common term in the area. But still, it’s changed my feeling on the clip. JMO, of course.

I’m intrigued by this. Due to the timeline (phone silent by 3:11 and dad speaks with man on bridge prior to 4) I can’t imagine the man is the killer, but I’m shocked he’d have heard nothing. Was it over that quickly? How close were their bodies to the bridge? I’m still not clear on locations.

They were found on the other side of the creek to the far end of the bridge.

Maybe he thought they would run on down the railroad bed, toward that farm with the red barn.

I think he would have caught them, easily. All he needed to do is grab a sweatshirt. Jmo

I completely agree, I am definitely getting more of a "do as I say" tone. Which after listening to the press conference and the emphasis of "power," it makes sense.

Like he prefaced with “do as I say, you won’t get hurt......”,
Is how it seems to me.

Carter said "you want to know what we know". Did BG contact or tried to contact the family digging for information. Is there fear that BG will try the same thing again and thus LE is protecting them from this happening again? Maybe someone claiming to being a psychic or a reporter.

I’m a newbie to this case, but am also wondering did anything more come of the guy Libby’s dad saw on the bridge??? IMO he would be a prime suspect. Did her dad ever give a description of that guy??
The girls were located quite a distance away from the bridge. The girls had to walk through rugged terrain and if memory serves, cross the river? Libby posted to snapchat around 2:10 and her dad was at the bridge before 4:00. IMO time would not allow for the abduction, travel to the murder site, and return of the killer in time to see Libby's Dad in the area of the bridge.

Carter said "you want to know what we know". Did BG contact or tried to contact the family digging for information. Is there fear that BG will try the same thing again and thus LE is protecting them from this happening again? Maybe someone claiming to being a psychic or a reporter.

Makes my mind go in the direction of a reporter.
Maybe checking in with LE weekly for updates? Always prying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard