Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any member want any specific areas video recorded?

I can film areas requested by members here. I live a very short distance from the home and where A.J. the Angel was recovered.

FYI we had an intuition that one or both of the parents were involved from the start.

Hey fellow Illinoisan!!! I remember dole coming up ?!! Does that sound familiar?

As the news cycle evolves and more focus is put on family history, evidence and role of DCFS, this example may/may not come up. Pamela Knight, a DCFS worker with 11 years of experience, was brutally beaten Feb 2018 when she was attempting to remove a child from a dangerous home . . . She died from her injuries. One year later: AFSCME member Pamela Knight killed in the line of duty
So sad. The last line of defence for a child.
Maybe they should start sending police officers to remove the children from these situations.

So sad. The last line of defence for a child.
Maybe they should start sending police officers to remove the children from these situations.

YES. It’s far too dangerous now for a DCFS worker to enter a home (for child removal) without protection. That should be mandatory. I’m hoping that procedures are reviewed and changed. It’s time to listen to those doing the job and give them what they need to be effective.

Crystal Lake mourns AJ Freund after body found, parents charged with murder

"I am furious," said Mike York, who lived with the Freund family for a time before the kids were born. "I am furious because it could have been avoided. It should have been avoided. Why does this happen?"

"It shouldn't have ended this way. There's so many other options than taking an innocent child's life," said Amanda Dryjanski, who knows the Freund family.

Inside the dilapidated home, neighbors and former family friends said AJ suffered constant torment. York has some idea; he said he lived with the Freunds for just a few months.

"His whole world was just that dysfunction. I can't fathom what he went through in his short life," he said.

Handwritten notes from strangers, balloons, and toys loved deeply by other young children now lay outside, almost as an apology to the 5-year-old.

"He got a raw deal and God's going to fix it," York said.

There is just tragedy upon tragedy here. AJ was failed by his parents whose drug issues rose above their ability to care for him. AJ was failed in utero, in eatly life, and through to the day he was killed. AJ was failed by Family Services whose person power is on a shoestring where worker turnover is rampant due to burnout. AJ was failed by the legal system that hamstrings removal and promotes family reunification based on the needs of the adults moreso than the kids. AJ was failed by lawmakers who do not fund systems or create laws to protect the most vulnerable. AJ is failed by the populace that doesn't demand funding for social service nets for kids. Just all to freaking sad.

Since there has been much talk about infants born addicted to drugs, I thought it would be a perfect time to bring up a very special program that may be available in hospitals near you. The program may be called something like Baby Cuddlers or Cuddle Care.

Infants born addicted to drugs are diagnosed with NAS or neonatal abstinence syndrome.These babies require a special amount of care to survive the excruciating withdrawal process. Special trained volunteer cuddlers can play an important part of their survival and maybe that is you?

They have found that these babies need human touch and need to be held for extended periods of time while they go through the withdraw process. NAS babies are irritable, inconsolable and are unable to sooth themselves. They need skin to skin, they need to be held to feel safe and secure - they need love.

I have had the heartbreaking pleasure of being able to spend dedicated one on one time with some of the most vulnerable kiddos going through withdrawal and I will never forget it. I included a link below that gives information on the program and a quick google search or call to your local hospital will verify if that is something hospitals near you participate in ❤️

Needed: volunteers to help cuddle babies in opioid withdrawal

JoAnn Cunningham
Hope this works. Heart breaking video with sweet AJ.... mother acts so sweet....vomit!

Is that AJ or P?

In the case files disclosed when Joann's Mom gained custody of the oldest son. One of the statements said there was no food in the house for days at a time. He often ate only marshmallows and water. Guess not much changed in ten years?

Since there has been much talk about infants born addicted to drugs, I thought it would be a perfect time to bring up a very special program that may be available in hospitals near you. The program may be called something like Baby Cuddlers or Cuddle Care.

Infants born addicted to drugs are diagnosed with NAS or neonatal abstinence syndrome.These babies require a special amount of care to survive the excruciating withdrawal process. Special trained volunteer cuddlers can play an important part of their survival and maybe that is you?

They have found that these babies need human touch and need to be held for extended periods of time while they go through the withdraw process. NAS babies are irritable, inconsolable and are unable to sooth themselves. They need skin to skin, they need to be held to feel safe and secure - they need love.

I have had the heartbreaking pleasure of being able to spend dedicated one on one time with some of the most vulnerable kiddos going through withdrawal and I will never forget it. I included a link below that gives information on the program and a quick google search or call to your local hospital will verify if that is something hospitals near you participate in ❤️

Needed: volunteers to help cuddle babies in opioid withdrawal
Thats wonderful!

It just hit me. First degree murder. That means premeditation if I am not way incorrect.

I also am aware that premeditation can happen within a few minutes and doesn't necessarily involve a lot of prior planning.

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but have there been any reports of why first degree murder as opposed to, say, manslaughter?

Wow. This case just seems to get more horrific by the hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500