Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think any teenager now a days, is well aware people can pretend to be someone else on social media. I just don't believe these girls were that gullible. I also don't believe they were gullible enough to follow some random dude who was pretending to be " a person of authority". And may have flashed a fake badge.

I dunno. No reflection on the girls, but this is a small town. It isn't like a huge city where kids develop "street smarts". JMO.

Well, that video convinces me even more he wasn't "overdressed" for the weather. Just that different people wear different things. There are everything from full coats to layers to a hoodie sweatshirt worn in that video. None of them for nefarious reasons. I think bridge guy is not oddly overdressed. I do, though, think hes oddly overstuffed with weapons and a kill kit, of sorts. Opinion.

I don't think he's overdressed, either. Plus, it can get kind of windy up there.

IMO, there are only two reasons to put BG on that road, at that time. One, he planned to go on the trail (looking to kill or otherwise), or two, he was driving on that road for another reason and just happened to see the girls dropped off. I know I keep saying "he saw them dropped off," but bear with me. I can't pick a theory and stick to it without considering other theories first...

So, IF he was on that road for another reason besides going to the trail, then WHAT? A mile either north or south and he's on a better, straighter, more direct route into or out of town. If his original purpose was not to go to the trail, then the only good reason he'd drive that road might be because he lives (or works) on it, just east of town. JMO

Last edited:
I can't help but think that BG seemed awfully cool, calm, and collected for this being in daylight knowing there would be others on the bridge or in the area. Makes you wonder if this is his first time. And on top of that, has been roaming free for the past two years.

And to take on TWO girls! It is terrifying he is on the loose. I need to stop following so close because I am jumping every time I hear a noise now!

I dunno. No reflection on the girls, but this is a small town. It isn't like a huge city where kids develop "street smarts". JMO.
I think this is absolutely true - I moved from a huge metropolis to a tiny town in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan - the kids here are shockingly trusting. It's refreshing and I hope nothing ever happens to spoil that innocence.

Could someone clarify/provide a link if this was an unexpected/unplanned/impromptu day off (I've heard unused snow day) or an official planned school holiday (I've heard in observance of Lincoln's birthday)? My spouse is a teacher and even an impromptu day off would have some advance notice.

It was reported to be an unused snow day, if memory serves correct.

I hope so.

Being smart enough to do so, and having an opportunity to do so, are two different things though.

It really comes down to how this all went down, specifically, how he killed them.

Hopefully, one of them scratched him.
Kids these days grew up with CSI, they know all about DNA evidence, shoe prints, skin under the nails, hair, saliva etc. If they were aware that they needed to get this guys picture, they were aware they needed to leave as many clues as they could if they had the chance. He may have shot them from behind or did something where he left no DNA

Just a quick note this morning to say that if you have already submitted tips to the email address in the first post on this thread and are worried that they have not gone through because of the capital A, please rest assured that capitalization in emails does not affect the servers or routing to deliver them.

This is an email I sent on Tuesday.

View attachment 181233

I received confirmation of receipt within minutes.

View attachment 181234

Just wanting to clear that up in case people are worried that they need to resubmit anything.
I agree, no affect!

Also, I noticed earlier that the same email address as shown on the billboards is all in CAPS.

I am more skeptical of the chances of a random double murder (especially in the bright of day in such a wide open space)? My hunch on who is responsible violates TOS but I am more and more in the camp that LE knows who is responsible and by "we are just beginning" they mean they are just beginning to build the murder case against them and they need more evidence.

There are several of "undetected" killers who studied or worked in crime prevention.

BTK aka Dennis Rader has a Bachelor's degree in Justice Administration, plus he worked for ADT SecurityServices.

Ted Bundy was assistant director of the Seattle Crime Prevention Advisory Commission and wrote anti-rape pamphlets.

EAR/ONS aka Golden State Killer aka Joseph DeAngelo was a cop.

Stephanie Lazarus also a cop.

Perhaps, especially if it was a random attack.

You have wonder why Libby started videotaping him, though. Either her spider senses went into overdrive immediately upon seeing him or he wasn't the person they thought they were meeting.
I don't think she did record him. He just happened to be caught in a video of Abby or the bridge in general. He is way in the background and not clear at all. He doesn't seem to be the subject focused on and is on the side of the shot frame not centered. I don't think the girls were concerned about him at all but perhaps annoyed that their videos and or pictures were interrupted. If she did focus on him then LE would have had an easier time identifying him. The only other thing I can think is that Libby's phone was so badly damaged between getting wet and or broken that what we had is all that has been recoverable.

You know never gave this much thought before. At least a 10 min walk.

Is this timeline correct?
2:07 snapshot from Miss Libby's phone was taken?
3:00 family members tried to contact them and received no response/answer?

Do we know how long it is from the building that was search (on RL's property) to where the girls were found?

There is a very informative and detailed video that takes us through the paces of the girls' possible route that day posted by GH earlier in this thread as well as multiple times in other threads of the case. I found it particularly enlightening in terms of spacing- he lines up the pics we've seen that the girls took that day on the bridge, as well as the video of BG. You'll also see the 'down the hill' journey and how it relates to where they were on the bridge, etc. Definitely worth a watch.

Could someone clarify/provide a link if this was an unexpected/unplanned/impromptu day off (I've heard unused snow day) or an official planned school holiday (I've heard in observance of Lincoln's birthday)? My spouse is a teacher and even an impromptu day off would have some advance notice.

Your wife would have advanced notice but would other people without children or ties to the community know? I live in a county with less than 3,000 people. (That's county, not town.) Those who don't have children attending the schools or those who don't work there don't always keep up with dates here. I currently have two school-aged children and school admin communication can vary. I don't know what Delphi's is like. If he knew that school had been canceled that day then IMO he either has ties to the school in some way (a relative attends, he works with the school system in a peripheral way, etc.) or he just happened to overhear something either that day or the day before.

I honestly think that it was just a bad coincidence that Abby and Libby were there that day and crossed paths with him. If it hadn't been them, I think it would've been another woman-probably one on her own.

I do think it's a shame the first sketch is so ingrained in the public's mind. At least my mind. Now that I am thinking about this case so much I keep seeing original BG everywhere around me and have to remind myself that is not the face anymore. He is not a shuffling overweight 50 yr old.

I don't think she did record him. He just happened to be caught in a video of Abby or the bridge in general. He is way in the background and not clear at all. He doesn't seem to be the subject focused on and is on the side of the shot frame not centered. I don't think the girls were concerned about him at all but perhaps annoyed that their videos and or pictures were interrupted. If she did focus on him then LE would have had an easier time identifying him. The only other thing I can think is that Libby's phone was so badly damaged between getting wet and or broken that what we had is all that has been recoverable.

I've read a report by another WSer that the girls mentioned being followed by a man in part of the audio that was not released to the public, but was played for the family.

Can someone please confirm? I don't want to spread unfounded information- if I'm incorrect, please let me know and I'll delete! TY

Our middle school and elementary schools actually have seminars in which they teach kids about cyber danger-and you really don't get any smaller than where I live. This isn't necessarily about "street smarts", it's about a very real threat that is now a common part of our times. In my state, it's actually state mandated that kids get this talk once a year once they hit 3rd grade.

And then there's the MTV show "Catfish." I think most kids are aware.

And it being windy up there makes me also believe that he was very, very close to the girls in the audio portion as I don't hear any wind distortion.

Yes and to pick up the voice when it's probably in her pocket! He probably had a hold of one and a gun pointed at the other. That audio is from when he is right with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member