IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #3

IMPD returns to where baby Amiah last seen alive
Updated: Apr 29, 2019 06:10 PM EDT

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) -- Investigators have returned to where family members say an 8-month-old girl was last seen alive last month.

The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department is currently investigating at a home in the 200 block of South Holmes Avenue.

IMPD is describing the activity as a "follow up investigation."

That home is where Amiah Robertson was last seen alive. It's also where her babysitters live.

Police on Monday afternoon told News 8's Eric Feldman they had a search warrant for the entire property and had crime tape surrounding the area.

IMPD investigators along with University of Indianapolis crews plan to begin digging Tuesday morning on the property. All police would confirm is that what they saw on Monday led them to believe there needed to be some digging done behind the home. News 8 crews also saw evidence markers near the scene.

People who appeared to be family members or friends were at the scene on Monday as police investigated. The babysitter was cooperating with the search, according to IMPD.

A neighbor who spoke to News 8 said that mother Amber Robertson, her boyfriend Robert Lyons, and Amber's daughter Amiah had been living in a car behind the house.

Updated: Apr 29, 2019 06:10 PM EDT

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) -- Investigators have returned to where family members say an 8-month-old girl was last seen alive last month.

The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department is currently investigating at a home in the 200 block of South Holmes Avenue.

IMPD is describing the activity as a "follow up investigation."

That home is where Amiah Robertson was last seen alive. It's also where her babysitters live.

Police on Monday afternoon told News 8's Eric Feldman they had a search warrant for the entire property and had crime tape surrounding the area.

IMPD investigators along with University of Indianapolis crews plan to begin digging Tuesday morning on the property. All police would confirm is that what they saw on Monday led them to believe there needed to be some digging done behind the home. News 8 crews also saw evidence markers near the scene.

People who appeared to be family members or friends were at the scene on Monday as police investigated. The babysitter was cooperating with the search, according to IMPD.

A neighbor who spoke to News 8 said that mother Amber Robertson, her boyfriend Robert Lyons, and Amber's daughter Amiah had been living in a car behind the house.

I was wondering what the big hole in the yard was from in pics early in the investigation.
MOO

I just flew into Indianapolis today for a work conference and caught some of the evening news. On local channel four just before 5pm, they stated they had a cadaver dog on site today and implied the dog's findings are the basis for the digging that will happen tomorrow.

I think the first search at this house weeks ago included taking DNA and other samples which got sent to the lab. I think they just got the results and now have enough to move forward. This explains why they were so quiet and why they hadn’t searched much more than in or near the water.

I hope this is the start of what they need to put the guilty party or parties away and to put this poor baby to rest.

I always get worried when things go quiet and it is always encouraging to see that, as we hope, a case is being continually worked behind the scenes and has not went cold. This seems promising although I do worry it has been such a long time and things could have been disposed of and/or cleaned.

The fact they are planning a dig and have cause to do so is promising.

While I would like to have hope Amiah is alive, I do not believe she is but do hope she can be found and laid to rest and justice is brought on her behalf.

It was good to see news on this case.

imo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member