Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, the idea of one just makes me nervous. It's one of the reasons why I won't use any of the DNA sites like 23 & Me. So even though I've never actually done anything criminal, I would most definitely be one of the people who started making contingency plans.

No I totally get that, I don't participate in the ancestry sites either. I think I was thinking along the lines of "wow, look how far we've come" with what we can do, envisioning something like the portable little fingerprint machines where the data was not saved, just 'spot checked' so the person could be flagged for further review sort of thing. I wasn't really thinking any more in depth than that, so no judgement here! I will say I've submitted my children's throat and cheek swabs for various things at the doctor and never given much thought to whether its tracked, but for whatever reason I wouldn't touch those ancestry sites with a 10ft pole...so that's something for me to ponder offline!

I looked for the teenager interview yesterday. I remember seeing her interviewed on the street. Maybe at a vigil? It was a few days after.
Maybe in the earlier threads. I’ll take a look if I have time.
I do recall having a very strong opinion about her comment. ( not sure if I vocalizes it here).
I think the link for it was posted a few threads back, I remember seeing it as well.

Would BG, when after committing these crimes, walk a “normal” route that others do where he could be possibly sighted upon fleeing? Especially if he planned this? Perhaps @fallingdown can shed some light on this but in my head I would imagine him trying to exit without being seen, through trees, etc.

ETA: Wearing all black may also be an attempt to be hidden in the darkness. Perhaps he didn’t know how long he was going to be out there, and if something went sour, he may want to be dressed in something that wouldn’t stand out bright.

(Just a thought referring to the discussion, we don’t know if this “black” theory holds any weight or not and it “could be rumor.” But considering it’s stated in msm...

Last edited:
That image of BG is from before the murders. IF the other kids were on the trail at say 3:30 that day and saw a strange man in black that was the same height and build as BG coming from the direction of where the girls were found that could be some interesting and possibly helpful information.

how so? people think he changed after the murders? or that he stripped off a layer of clothes and then carried them out of there? it makes no sense

ETA: I just saw that is indeed what is being considered ... the guy just committed murder in broad daylight - he wants to get out of there not waste time changing clothes IMO

Would BG, when after committing these crimes, walk a “normal” route that others do where he could be possibly sighted upon fleeing? Especially if he planned this? Perhaps @fallingdown can shed some light on this but in my head I would imagine him trying to exit without being seen, through trees, etc.

Purely MOO but if BG was brazen enough to kill in broad daylight...maybe?

I tend to agree with you, I would think a killer would want to flee and not be seen, but it could be possible.

If I killed someone I’d do it when it’s pitch dark out so there is no way I’d be seen.

It’d make me nervous too. The idea is also totally opposite to everyone is presumed innocent. A DNA drive places the assumption that DNA must be offered to prove one is not guilty. I think Civil Rights Groups would go bananas over that suggestion. The implications are far beyond only Delphi and just this one homicide investigation. Is this what people want, every time there’s a murder everyone who lives in the area is required to drive over to a DNA center and offer a DNA sample? Why not make it easier, have the DNA of everyone in the USA registered in a gigantic DNA file? I’m quite certain that wouldn’t go over very well.

Good points. I guess I was looking at it with a scientific perspective, more as a process of elimination tool as a way to narrow the field and help with a more focused search, not in the context of civil rights but you're right. I was also thinking of it more in the context the original poster provided (so a limited subset of people) but no it definitely wouldn't be feasible in every circumstance. The notion of a future DNA registry though...something tells me that is not outside the realm of possibility eventually (not in my lifetime, but we have drones delivering packages which several lifetimes ago people would have thought was only the stuff movies were made of too).

how so? people think he changed after the murders? or that he stripped off a layer of clothes and then carried them out of there? it makes no sense

ETA: I just saw that is indeed what is being considered ... the guy just committed murder in broad daylight - he wants to get out of there not waste time changing clothes IMO

If he’s soaking wet and covered in blood...and planned this...it would only take a minute to change clothes, moo. I think it would be a worthy investment for the circumstances at hand. Especially if he did indeed have “duffle bag”.

I don't know why this is even being considered since we have an image of BG who is clearly not wearing all black.

Perhaps BG, after the murders, had stripped his outer clothes off, having black beneath.
He could have placed his clothing into a bag, left with it, or returned later to retrieve it.
MOO.

Memorial grows as police continue search for Delphi girls' killer
Chasity was not on the trail with the girls Monday after noon, but other friends were. They talked about a man they saw.

"They said that they had said, 'Hi' and he, like, just brushed them off and kept going," Chasity said.

The teens said the man seemed out of place, though Chasity says that "could just be a rumor."

The children described the man wearing all black. Meanwhile, police continue their search for a man dressed differently.

BBM

I think the "they" was a family member or someone who saw something they shared on Social. The link below proves there was more audio available and mention of BG(published in august, but nope specific on when the info was shared with family). Perhaps it was accessed or seen by someone in the days following the crime and then described to others and then becomes "could just be rumor".

Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family

State police say more audio from Libby German's cell phone was played for the victims' families, including a mention of a man they noticed behind them.

Police say the girls mostly talk about "stuff girls talk about" in the recording, but they also mention the man. The only audio that has been released to the public from the phone is that of a man's voice ordering German and her friend, Abby Williams, "down the hill."

In MOO someone looking at the video on a cellphone or with other people could quite possible see him as wearing all black and passed it along to others who have not ever have actually seen him.

Last edited:
If he’s soaking wet and covered in blood...and planned this...it would only take a minute to change clothes, moo. I think it would be a worthy investment for the circumstances at hand. Especially if he did indeed have “duffle bag”.

Months ago, I would have scoffed. But, now? It could definitely make a lot of sense. Black doesn't show stains (trying to avoid grotesque descriptions) too well, they would be much less obvious.

You’re right. A rumor about a guy possibly dressed in all black and now there are theories that this guy is worried about changing clothes with all black clothing underneath. It simply does not make sense.

Not change clothes, just strip off the outer clothes. His inner layer might have still been wet but maybe not noticeably.

I'm sure this has been discussed a dozen times so apologies but I am confused.

I keep seeing that the first sketch has been ruled out BUT people seem to be linking the reason it has been ruled out to the arrest of CE who has now been discounted as been BG.

I get there are similarities between CE and the first sketch but are people actually saying CE was there that day??

I thought the rumour that CE and BG were the same person came about because of something mentioned on a pod cast or you tube video or something and the rumour has just grown legs?

Is it an actual fact that CE was suspected of been BG because he was in the vicinity that day or have people just run away with this theory because since CE was arrested the 1st sketch has become redundant?

Hope that makes sense and apologies for the dumb question but I'm confused.

Who is CE???

I guess I'm not a very good gossip, I pay so little attention to rumors that I don't even remember who CE is. :oops: I'm guessing he's someone I dismissed as a suspect and pushed to the back of my mind.

delete duplicate

That is quite fascinating actually, the idea of a DNA Drive...but really shouldn't be considering the times we are living in! I think a DNA Drive would really only need to test parts of family trees, and anything that hits as a close match could then be fettered out further. And really, there is probably a lot that could be gleaned just from posing the idea of it...who starts to get anxious or making contingency plans?!
If only ethics were advancing as quickly as dna technology.

So, if that is the case. I'
l'll stick with my original theory that they videoed him, then they went back across the bridge. Then he came back and abducted them at the north end... only to take then along the side of the hill and down the hill to the place where they were found. A creek crossing just never made sense for something this well planned out.
I believe he abducted them on the South end (where Libby shot picture of Abby) .. I do not believe he meant to cross the creek, but I think the girls made a break for it ..one or both of them and that is how they ended up on the other side of creek, near RL property

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle