Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is JMO

I think that for the most part, people just live in their own little bubble and go about their lives without really noticing the features of the people around them.....until they become a victim of a crime. It doesn't have to be a violent crime, just one that changes your perception about what goes on around you and it increases your awareness.

Everything takes on new meaning. You notice every single little detail about the people around you, what they are wearing, who they are with, vehicles, licence plates....the list goes on. It can become a frightening world when you notice that you see the same person twice in the same day in two different places, even if it is a coincidence.

This!! When you’ve been a victim of a crime, you find a “new normal.” I’ve always been hyper aware of people, but after certain things I’ve been through...I could spot anything “off” from a mile away, and I pay attention to things that most would think odd. As my husband and best friend say, you can be scared of your own shadow!

Last edited:
I’m linking one of GHs videos in case anyone new to the case wants to watch it, or as a refresher. It’s a excellent visual of the trail, the bridge, down below, arial views, and even the crime scene area. Also included is GHs analytics of where Abby was standing when Libby took her photo and BGs location on the bridge as well. I found it a very enlightening, even watching it the 2nd time.

I just wonder, and this is purely speculative, if his weight was guessed by the mass he presents on the video. I speculate he is wearing heavy clothes because he is hiding objects under the big jacket and may be smaller in actuality if he wasn’t so clothed.

Bear with me. o_O

ETA: facepalm, just noticed this was mentioned upthread m. Carry on!

My guess is that height is one of the things they can be a little more certain of (give or take of course) by measuring parts of the bridge around him in the video (physically measuring them in person for scale) as well as his distance from these known height markers, and then using that info to approximate height. I could be wrong, though! MOO

Last edited:
Jim Climente is legit. He also worked on the JBR case for a CBS special.

Bane is a fictional villain from the Batman series. He looks like this:

View attachment 182280

It was a sarcastic joke reference.
And there I was thinking, no, I'm not going to post a picture as It's late and It might keep people awake. Lol

I’m linking one of GHs videos in case anyone new to the case wants to watch it, or as a refresher. It’s a excellent visual of the trail, the bridge, down below, arial views, and even the crime scene area. Also included is GHs analytics of where Abby was standing when Libby took her photo and BGs location on the bridge as well. I found it a very enlightening, even watching it the 2nd time.

Dear MistyWaters,

Thank you for posting this link.

Gray Hughes deserves great credit, in my opinion, with all of the work he does with the material to produce these videos, especially his detailed maps. I have learned quite a bit from his videos.

Maybe when Bursten was on the ISP Roadshow on youtube?

Thanks for the link! I need to listen to this again. I think the moment I recall happened during a reporter q&a during the first 24-48 hours ish after audio was released in February of 2017. But I could be wrong! I will listen again! If u recall correctly, the radio interview was a bit further out.

... and cameras.

If they onlyhad the budget for one or the other than I vote trail cameras. That would be immensely helpful when going forward. I don't really want them to install handrails, but with so much going on in today's world, some strategically placed cameras wouldn't hurt.

I have a hard time with how all this went down, He could only strangle one at a time. Anyone, anyone, in that situation would have most likely run for their life if the other person they were with was being strangled. It’s pure survival instinct, Adrenalin kicks in and it’s fight or flight.

Maybe she did try to fight, tried jumping him from behind, or pummeled him with rocks or something. Or maybe he had already incapacitated her in some way. Stun gun, mace... ?
Those poor girls, the *advertiser censored* needs to go down.
Your first paragraph reminds me of I think it was Libby's grandpa talking about how close these two girls were and that he believed neither one wouldn't have deserted the other in a time of need. It breaks the heart wide open to think of that. Those sweet angels.

@Blueberry2720 We are not allowed to talk about specific individuals in the public thread who have not been named as persons of interest by law enforcement. You can do so in private conversations if you wish but not on the public thread. I hope we can all work together to try our best to keep the thread open for everyone. Your co-operation would be much appreciated. Thank you.

If they onlyhad the budget for one or the other than I vote trail cameras. That would be immensely helpful when going forward. I don't really want them to install handrails, but with so much going on in today's world, some strategically placed cameras wouldn't hurt.

“The bridge has been fenced for nearly two years since then.

According to the governor’s office, the Next Level Trails initiative’s money will add decking and safety railing to the Monon High Bridge. It also will construct at 0.95-mile asphalt trail along the former rail corridor on either side of the Freedom Bridge over the Hoosier Heartland Highway, from Samuel Milroy Road to the Monon High Bridge.

The work is expected to be done by 2020.”

$1.2M to restore Monon High Bridge trail, scene in Delphi teens’ murder

Trail cameras have already been approved. Handrails and decking to the high bridge were approved yesterday. I’d rather the thing was torn down but it’s not up to me. I didn’t know the bridge has been fenced off since April 2017.

seems like they kind of messed up on the first sketch, obviously.
How do we know the witness was scared? Scared on the trail, or afterwards?

That is a good question. We know the first sketch came from the FBI. They use a program called FACES, an added feature is extracting facial features from video to create a composite. So was the FBI fooled by the disguise or did they just rely on the software? If the witness who was afraid saw him with his head and face covered they just saw his eyes, so the rest of the sketch had to be guessed at, IMO. But then according to some retired LE officers who claimed to have inside info, the sketch was a SO who was arrested and convicted last year.
While we have confidence to see the FBI step in, they may have been the agency who caused the last 2 years to be offtrack especially considering the ISP officer made the sketch 3 days afterwards without his head and face covered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member