Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having lived in a little town in Wisconsin after growing up in Pasadena and Seattle, I can see this very well. There a basically 2 kinds of people as far as LE is concerned. The “good”ones who have jobs and go to church and attend the pancake breakfast, and the ones who live out on the outskirts of town, have five cars in their front yard, and are probably addicted to something. We know there are so many more facets, but this is basically how small towns are divided up. They have been looking for the crazy Punisher hoodie dudes instead of the ones who show up to every parade to help hand out hot chocolate to the kids. That’s the hiding in plain state part. Someone who is handing out the bracelets at the vigil instead of the guy drinking Coors at the bowling alley .

Man, you hit the nail on the head with that one.

To most of the townspeople here the "bad guys" are the ones missing their teeth from the crystal meth, the people smuggling Tide pods out of the Family Dollar under their sweatshirts, the parents who are using their SNAP benefits to buy Coke and then turning around and selling them back to the store for the cash so that they can buy heroin...These are the "criminals." These are the ones that people look at when something bad happens. Meanwhile...

One of the best ways to try to get away with a crime is to simply go on about your business and pretend nothing's happened. And in a small town where appearances can mean a whole heck of a lot...

This isn’t a local small town pd investigation

This has multiple agencies far and wide
True. I also don't think they see things as black and white as the OP suggests.
At least I would hope that they examine all the gray areas, thinking outside the box, and approaching things from all angles.
I think what happened is that they were following leads that led them in one direction, and something significant led them in a different direction. They may have even been intentionally mislead. That might explain why Carter seemed so angry. Imo

I understand that but when you’re talking about a small town and who they are side-eying, it’s the Walmart shoppers, not the ones who go to Target. If you live in a small town like this you know exactly what I mean.

My daughter moved from Cali to Courderay, WI for 2 years, so, YES, I do know exactly what you mean. :)

There is a little PATH, off the road, in the grass, right along side the road--he would not have to walk in road, just along side it on the path off the side..The path goes from the parking lot right up to the entrance of the trails. If he did NOT follow the path to the beginning entrance of trails, then he would either have to walk on the road or in the grass, weeds and woods, at least until he got to the spot where the girls were dropped off, then he could access the trails from there.

And if anyone had driven by during that time, he should've been seen.

I understand that but when you’re talking about a small town and who they are side-eying, it’s the Walmart shoppers, not the ones who go to Target. If you live in a small town like this you know exactly what I mean.

In our town Walmart IS the big leagues. It's a step up from our dollar stores AND it's in another county. If you can afford to go to Walmart then you're putting on airs and ain't nobody got time for that.

I do think the fact that they have the ISP and the FBI in there helping them has been beneficial. It's no disrespect to their LE, of course, but this is a high-profile case and just having help navigating some of the media alone has probably been helpful.

My husband said new sketch looks like Justin Timberlake. I am so awaiting the arrest for many reasons including to see how close the sketch is.
If they’re going to consider reverse genealogy I suggest they start with Jay Leno’s family. (Just Kidding!)
(On another “chin” side note - I actually have a cat with a Jay Leno chin.)

Last night as I was dosing off I had a really cold shudder thinking about the audio, that out of everything on that audio recording it is only 4 words they could release. It’s even more shuddering that after all this time all they could do was extract one additional word, “guys”. You would think that maybe they could at least release other words, perhaps like “and” and “the”, but the fact that all they could add was “guys” is terrifying. Imo there either must have been such strong background noise from the girls that they couldn’t isolate any other words without hearing them in the background, and/or every other word he spoke is beyond being able to be released due its graphic nature and/or specific crime details.

Last edited:
This isn’t a local small town pd investigation

This has multiple agencies far and wide

I took their post to kind of mean in general and not necessarily in terms of this investigation. I do think that having the other agencies in there has been a good thing, but even without them I've been impressed with their local law enforcement. Having probably never dealt with a case this high-profile, I actually think they've done a good job. I'm not upset with the OGBG/NewBG #sketchgate either. I have some faith that they've done what they've done for a reason.

In my opinion, here’s my profile of the suspect. Most of this is based on statistics from https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/pr/201316.pdf

He’s a white male, average age of 27 (I think he’s on the younger side of the wide age range they gave us for BG, due to his voice and word choice. He doesn’t have a grizzled old man voice to me. And his word choice of “guys” when addressing two girls.)

He is most likely single (big surprise) and living with parents looking at statistics. Also there is a 50% chance he’s unemployed (child abductors have a much higher rate of unemployment compared to gen pop).

Can someone look at dating profiles of men based in Delphi on apps like Tinder or Plenty of Fish? I sense he might be Christian because of the press conference wording.

Can we search men receiving unemployment checks in Delphi, or disability checks, or any man who has submitted a recent change of address for said checks?

Reviewing the video, I don’t think BG has any walking/leg problems, personally. I grew up exploring forested areas and that’s just how you step carefully on rough terrain so you don’t accidentally trip. Also, he has his hands in his pockets the whole time! I agree with Bobby Chacon! If you are trying to cross old, uneven, weathered railroad ties, you would naturally have your arms hanging loosely at your sides. Keeping both hands in pockets tells me he’s hiding/holding stuff in the jacket. And I agree that shadows indicate it might be a handgun in his right hand. I get the sense that something is also hidden in his pants, too, along his thigh possibly? He may have brought binding material (rope, tape) with him as well.

Stats also say he is most likely a stranger to these girls with no prior contact.

The press conference made me think that “how you left them” was very important. Most child murders are concealed in some way by the suspect. I’m conflicted as to what that means. Were the girls posed or unnecessarily disfigured? I’m intrigued by how the girls’ bodies were transported to the site where they were found. Were there drag marks? Were the girls alive and then killed at the site? Any footprints/boot prints in the soil? Evidence of what binding material used? I want to know so much more about the crime scene.

He did this to feel powerful. He may have a history of sexual problems. There may not be much DNA at the crime scene at all, he may not have been able to ejaculate. He is likely to have a history of violent crimes. Bringing his own weapons tells me he had planned ahead or possibly done this before. It is very likely he bound his victims (because he had two to control), and brought the binding with him. Victims were most likely strangled. It’s possible that conflict with a female in his life precipitated this event.

Nice. Haven't seen many comprehensive "profiles" in here since the new sketch came out (although I may have missed them).

We should get some more of that going, I'll post mine here in a bit.

Having lived in a little town in Wisconsin after growing up in Pasadena and Seattle, I can see this very well. There a basically 2 kinds of people as far as LE is concerned. The “good”ones who have jobs and go to church and attend the pancake breakfast, and the ones who live out on the outskirts of town, have five cars in their front yard, and are probably addicted to something. We know there are so many more facets, but this is basically how small towns are divided up. They have been looking for the crazy Punisher hoodie dudes instead of the ones who show up to every parade to help hand out hot chocolate to the kids. That’s the hiding in plain state part. Someone who is handing out the bracelets at the vigil instead of the guy drinking Coors at the bowling alley .
Hello, fellow ex Pasadenian. :) Very well said. I couldn't agree more.

To most of the townspeople here the "bad guys" are the ones missing their teeth from the crystal meth, the people smuggling Tide pods out of the Family Dollar under their sweatshirts, the parents who are using their SNAP benefits to buy Coke and then turning around and selling them back to the store for the cash so that they can buy heroin...These are the "criminals." These are the ones that people look at when something bad happens. Meanwhile...

One of the best ways to try to get away with a crime is to simply go on about your business and pretend nothing's happened. And in a small town where appearances can mean a whole heck of a lot...
You wouldn’t happen to live in Genoa City, Wisconsin would you

You wouldn’t happen to live in Genoa City, Wisconsin, would you?

They must not have dna in this case because if they did the new genealogy stuff would be a good thing to use in this case. Unless LE is just stubborn and refusing to use it.

‘The new genealogy stuff’ takes time and work and sometimes a bit of luck. DNA Doe has cases they’ve been working on for more than a year—and I think that identifying a missing person, which is what they do, is much easier than identifying a murderer. (If you get close and start talking to people, you may well have someone say: ‘my cousin ran off and we never heard from her again.’ Unlikely that someone will say: ‘sure my cousin’s a murderer.’)

Nice. Haven't seen many comprehensive "profiles" in here since the new sketch came out (although I may have missed them).

We should get some more of that going, I'll post mine here in a bit.
It’s tough, especially not knowing what the crime scene looked like.

If we knew the murder weapon, position of the bodies, location of the bodies in relation to one another, and if there was a degree of overkill, we’d be able to hone in more accurately.

You can learn a lot about a killer from a crime scene, and we just don’t have that information.

Small town in mid-America = religion, in most cases. Nothing unusual about bringing it into almost everything, it seems. Often see search groups stopping to pray etc...

As far as horrific crime, stuff of nightmares etc...any discovery of murdered young teens, who were almost universally expected to be found alive but lost, would be both horrific and the stuff of nightmares. Any if any sexual assault did take place...that would certainly add to these emotions.

I don’t think bringing religion into the PC was any more than part of a general profiling-advised scripting that was suggested. Or even just his (the speaker...cannot think of his name) own feelings coming into it.
Jmo

IMO, we need to be extra careful about dissecting DC's words. LE had to issue a clarification after the PC because DC muddled parts of it. Still, the logic of some of his statements, taken in sequence, is not always coherent.

I’ve used the free app Snapseed to highlight the warm tones and then magnify both the forward concrete block and the area with the apparent face. It appears the sunlit concrete is not the same tone as the face. This is for those that sent me images of the concrete bridge posts and said it is these, without any further image analysis. I am an engineer with some image analysis background and what I was asking previously was if anyone on WS had done a high quality image analysis on that area using an image analysis S/W package. I will also look through the 47 page image thread link sent to me. What else bothers me about Libby’s photo is that Abby does not appear to be in clear focus. The clear focus appears to be the area in the lower bottom left part of the photo. I don’t know how to take a photo like Libby took without intentionally aiming lower without appearing to do so. You can see the nail in the wood plank bottom left very clearly for instance but Abby is less focused. Why would that be if Libby was reputed to be a good photographer? (MSM on that reputation needed.)
I have been here from the beginning and and I do not think anyone has ever pointed out the focus on Abby (if that saves you from looking through the image thread). But I can tell you the area behind her, the woods, cliff or hillside, creek below, bridge pilings (or whatever is the right word) has all been analyzed. There are some images that help put in perspective how steep that cliff is, how far down the creek, etc. People have thought she wasn't taking a picture of Abby but of the man hiding back in the trees. But none of that has ever been proved and mostly disproved. That's not to say he wasn't hiding back there, but that it has not been seen. The objects that have been touted as BG would have to mean that he is 10 ft tall to be true. But as for why her focus was not spot on, perhaps it was windy and she just goofed. Not sure what capabilities her iphone would have. (seems like it was slightly older, not brand new). Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo