Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #18 *Arrest*

Via Marple where did I miss that quote?
But when a reporter rang him on February 20 to say Karen’s body has been found, he distanced himself saying: “Well It’s got nothing to do with me.”

Who took the last cookie out of the jar or who walked in with dirty shoes are trivial concerns to use that quote but on the news your missing wife's body had been found to use it is unbelievable. Show a bit of emotion and relief and ask some details. BR should spend some of his time inside taking up some acting classes as it's well needed

Didn't want to talk to police, tried to persuade KR's family to not assist police I think the reporter misquoted BR he in fact meant 'finding KR's body was 'nothing to do with me

'

But when a reporter rang him on February 20 to say Karen’s body has been found, he distanced himself saying: “Well It’s got nothing to do with me.”

Who took the last cookie out of the jar or who walked in with dirty shoes are trivial concerns to use that quote but on the news your missing wife's body had been found to use it is unbelievable. Show a bit of emotion and relief and ask some details. BR should spend some of his time inside taking up some acting classes as it's well needed

Didn't want to talk to police, tried to persuade KR's family to not assist police I think the reporter misquoted BR he in fact meant 'finding KR's body was 'nothing to do with me

'
It was on ACA. Now repeated everywhere....
Ristevski case fails to show murder intent - 9News

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...hter-not-to-trust-police-20190318-p5154m.html

How Ristevski avoided a murder charge for wife’s death

'
The way I understood it is that a reporter told him that a body was found at Mt Macedon. Of course Borce knew that it was Karen's but he had to pretend he didn't. So he said it had nothing to do with him. But if an innocent man's wife was missing and a body was found, his first words would be to ask whether it was his wife.

QUOTE southaussie:

"The Court of Appeal has also indicated that an increase in current sentencing practices may follow if there is a change in views about the appropriate sentence length for particular behaviour."

This practice of identifying a possible issue as to the adequacy of current sentencing practices has emerged over time. This involves awaiting an appropriate case to be the subject of an appeal and the Court of Appeal considering whether to make a declaration of the inadequacy of current sentencing practices."

well southaussie that is a relief and this case has to be the one - the appropriate case to instigate the change.

All these years later and NOW these egg heads come forward. ?
A few of us saw straight through BR and a few abused me for suggesting such a thing.

Body language experts have revealed the signs that indicated Borce Ristevski was lying about killing his wife Karen

‘Borce, did you kill Karen?’
In a press conference after Karen went missing, 7 News crime reporter Cameron Baud asked the question on everybody’s mind: “Did you kill Karen?”

Body language expert and founder of My Alcomy, Sophie Zadeh, told Yahoo News Australia his response to this question played a part in revealing the truth behind her death.

“Notice Borce immediately turns away at this point,” she said.

“This is a distancing behaviour – an innate reactive response, stemming from our limbric brain, which is designed to keep us safe, it’s driven by emotion
The ‘dead giveaway’
Ristevski’s eyelid flutter is the most significant behaviour showing guilt or the withholding of information, Ms Zadeh said.

“For me, this is a dead giveaway. Due to the significance of the words spoken at the same time – nonverbal response are accurate indicators of emotion as they happen within the moment of stimulus.”
Body language experts reveal subtle details that showed Borce Ristevski killed his wife

Ristevski’s eyelid flutter is the most significant behaviour showing guilt or the withholding of information, Ms Zadeh said.

“For me, this is a dead giveaway. Due to the significance of the words spoken at the same time – nonverbal response are accurate indicators of emotion as they happen within the moment of stimulus.”
Body language experts reveal subtle details that showed Borce Ristevski killed his wife

BBM
"But it was eyelid fluttering that was the key sign, which Ms Zadeh described as an internal temper tantrum."
Body language expert reveals telltale signs Borce Ristevski was guilty of killing wife Karen | Daily Mail Online

May be hindsight reporting, tgy, but you can bet your bottom dollar that police body language consultants will have been all over this way back then.

Last edited:
BBM
"But it was eyelid fluttering that was the key sign, which Ms Zadeh described as an internal temper tantrum."
Body language expert reveals telltale signs Borce Ristevski was guilty of killing wife Karen | Daily Mail Online

May be hindsight reporting, tgy, but you can bet your bottom dollar that police body language consultants will have been all over this way back then.

There is an importance to these press conferences.

At the second press conference I noticed Borce and Sarah being closely shadowed by the lead detective and I wouldn’t be surprised if that question was a set up to razzle him.

There was a murder in the US where the parents and cops knew it was the boyfriend they just couldn’t pin him so he was urged to speak at the press conference which, because of his body language, eventually got the confession.

..."criminal psychologist Laura Richards wrote an impassioned letter to the Director of Public Prosecutions last week asking for an appeal in relation to Ristevski's 'unduly lenient sentence'.

This should have been a murder charge. However, it was downgraded to manslaughter,' Ms Richards wrote.

'This is problematic. Manslaughter carries a maximum of 20 years. If a one-punch offender receives 10 years, to serve 10 before he is eligible for parole, how can the brutal killing of Karen (Ristevski) carry nine years, eligible for parole in six?'"

Found Deceased - Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #18 *Arrest*

A trial that removes domestic and family violence perpetrators from homes will commence in South Australia under a new $4 million initiative from the state government.

She said families needed to remain in the comfort of their homes.
"It's better to take the perpetrator out of the home so families are not relocated from schools, services and support that they need," Ms Lensink said.

"We want to make sure perpetrators are accountable, know where they are and make sure the families are safe."

Domestic violence prevention assistant minister Carolyn Power said the initiative was crucial in addressing domestic and family violence.

"(The trial) is an exciting first here in South Australia," Ms Power said.
Domestic violence trial takes offenders out of the home

A trial that removes domestic and family violence perpetrators from homes will commence in South Australia under a new $4 million initiative from the state government.

"It's better to take the perpetrator out of the home so families are not relocated from schools, services and support that they need," Ms Lensink said.

"We want to make sure perpetrators are accountable, know where they are and make sure the families are safe."

Domestic violence prevention assistant minister Carolyn Power said the initiative was crucial in addressing domestic and family violence.

Borce Ristevski sentenced to nine years in prison for killing wife Karen
Justice Christopher Beale commended Ristevski’s “good character” prior to the crime, and said he had good prospects of rehabilitation.

Would the "good prospects of rehabilitation" (DV) play a role in finding a solution, where the perpetrator has to stay? I wonder ....

A fabulous intiative. Sometimes upcoming elections are good, aren't they? Spur the sitting govt to get off their butski and do something to really benefit those in great need in the community.

A fabulous intiative. Sometimes upcoming elections are good, aren't they? Spur the sitting govt to get off their butski and do something to really benefit those in great need in the community.

Anything that helps the fight against dv is a good start.

IF this was the first assault for Karen then this wouldn’t have helped anyway but if an abuser knew he would be taken away wouldn’t this encourage murder?

A woman I know had her partner charged and as soon as he was released he walked straight back into the house.
These abusers believe the little Mrs has no rights and imo nothing the law provides will help the woman they control.

March 14, 2019
Comparisons were immediately drawn with the case of Brisbane real estate agent Gerard Baden-Clay, who was found guilty of murdering his wife Allison and sentenced to 15-years in prison after a four-year court battle.
Like Ristevski, Baden-Clay remained unflappable in the face of mounting evidence that linked him to his wife's disappearance.

Both men were also subjected to widespread suspicion from the public, who never accepted their crocodile tears and credulity-stretching denials.

Baden-Clay was found guilty by a jury in 2014. But Queensland's Court of Appeals downgraded the charge to manslaughter when his lawyers successfully argued it was possible he could have unintentionally killed his wife during an argument.

In 2016, the High Court reinstated the murder conviction, after finding it was reasonable for a jury to be persuaded by "the lengths to which the respondent [Baden-Clay] went to conceal his wife's body and to conceal his part in her demise."

Unlike the Ristevski case, the prosecution was also able to establish a persuasive motive for Baden-Clay's actions.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...ate-of-gerard-baden-clay-20190314-p5149m.html

Baden-Clay is serving life imprisonment with a non-parole period of 15 years.
He will be eligible for release in 2027.
He won’t get a cent

Last edited:
There is a very long article in The Weekend Australian today that gives Borce a mention.

The article is called "Yes, even #UsToo" and is about the content of the first survey of the Australian #MeToo movement. It speaks of the damage caused to women through domestic violence, rape, murder, how this damage is caused not only to the victims but to entire families, and how even feminism (Germaine Greer) accepts sexual harrassment and violence.

Here is a small excerpt ....

In the past month or so, the Australian feminist movement has suffered multiple setbacks.

The proposed federal budget would leave single mothers, women over 50 and women already financially marginalised living with even fewer resources. In Geoffrey Rush’s successful defamation case against The Daily Telegraph, the judge concluded the main defence witness, actress Eryn Jean Norvill, was at times “prone to exaggeration and embellishment”.

And, most recently and horrifically, the outcome of the Ristevski murder trial in Melbourne, with Borce Ristevski receiving a six-year sentence for the 2016 manslaughter of his wife.

One woman a week is murdered by her male partner in Australia, yet the media has been far more concerned about whether an actor did indeed follow his co-star into the toilet or if a musical theatre star flashed his bum backstage. In terms of severity, it’s like comparing a shark attack with a paper cut.

Similarly, Eleanor Jackson is openly ambivalent about second-wave feminism’s quiet acceptance of sexual harassment and/or violence, and more specifically about sentiments uttered by Germaine Greer. “A penis can’t kill you,” Greer said recently, conveniently dismissing the deep psychological harm suffered by rape victims, and the various dangers of sexually transmitted diseases, one of which is obviously fatal.

Maggie Scott writes elegantly about how sexual trauma can adversely affect a victim’s relatives, as well as subsequent generations.
Scott’s great-uncle was a part of the “Catholic mafia” in Mildura during the 1960s, a group of corrupt police who protected pedophile priests in the area.

As an adult, Scott is mortified to learn that her great-uncle not only protected corrupt clergy but he also had raped his own sister, Scott’s beloved grandmother.

NoCookies | The Australian
Yes, even #UsToo

Last edited:
Up to his old tricks.....call me blind Freddy.

The partnership soured after a dispute over an alleged $100,000 loan Korse made to Warrant.
NoCookies | The Australian

Mr Ristevski set up another business, Envirovision, in late 2015 and that any money Warrant Brands, which traded as Bella Bleu, made was transferred into the new business.

Mr Ristevski was the director of Envirovision and the couple’s daughter, Sarah, was a shareholder.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...e-accountant-tells-court-20180725-p4zthc.html

BBM. This is the part that has always concerned me TGY. Karen was left out of this 'venture'and Sarah was made sole shareholder, why? This happened not long before her 'disappearance/murder'. Why? Could it be that Karen finally, after all those years, had realised that she had been living a lie and that the family finances were not as peachy as Borce had led them to believe.

Could it be that Karen attempted to pay an account and there was no money to pay it? Could this have led to a confrontation and a serious argument that led to her murder? Still so many questions and he sits in his cell silent. MOO.

All these years later and NOW these egg heads come forward. ?
A few of us saw straight through BR and a few abused me for suggesting such a thing.

Body language experts have revealed the signs that indicated Borce Ristevski was lying about killing his wife Karen

‘Borce, did you kill Karen?’
In a press conference after Karen went missing, 7 News crime reporter Cameron Baud asked the question on everybody’s mind: “Did you kill Karen?”

Snipped by me. And he was hammered from pillar to post for saying that. How right he was. BBM.

Snipped by me. And he was hammered from pillar to post for saying that. How right he was. BBM.

57B1F398-4410-452A-AD19-A52F3566D425.jpeg
The detective seen over BR left shoulder was right there when the journo asked THE question.

We’ve seen how the cops use the journalists and visa versus. I saw pictures of Borse and Sarah being literally shadowed by the leading detective that day so I wouldn’t be surprised that it wasn’t a setup AND aunt Pat mightn’t have been aware but she was a part of the ploy to get them both out in front the media so the cops could put them under the microscope.
Yes he was hammered and some here who thought ‘onya mate’ were also hammered. I’ve got the wounds to prove it.
:)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500