The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Archie is an okay nick name. I just wished they had chosen a more mature sounding name for when the baby grows up. I just don't get it.

Rugby player name, traveler’s name, or a bookie’s name. The kid who gets picked on in class’s name.

As my mother would say “ It’s a very COMMON name”
In the UK, “common” is the vernacular for low-class, vulgar.

Archie is the shortened version of Archibald, meaning "bold" or "brave", while Harrison means "son of Henry" or "son of Harry".

Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor: What the royal baby's name means

It has also been revealed that contrary to original beliefs, Archie will not be given a royal title, with the parents opting simply for "Master".

The Harrison part I understand. Many fellows in the US have Harrison as a first name and go by Harry.

I cannot come to grips with 'Archie'. For some reason it reminds me of names like 'Gomer', 'Goober'. Their baby and their choice. For some reason and I don't know why, they did not ask me for name recommendations, go figure.

I always hate when a baby is named a little kid's type of name. Give the baby a mature sounding name that they can grow older with - Nick names are fine for younger folks.

Off my name rant now.

Archie is an okay nick name. I just wished they had chosen a more mature sounding name for when the baby grows up. I just don't get it.
Rugby player name, traveler’s name, or a bookie’s name. The kid who gets picked on in class’s name.
Ooo_o ...Harry's a big sports fan??

FOOTBALL!

(or Trainspotting;))

"Phew! I haven't felt that good since Archie Gemmill scored against Holland in 1978!" :p

Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: Phew! I haven't felt that good since Archie Gemmill scored against Holland in 1978!

The Harrison part I understand. Many fellows in the US have Harrison as a first name and go by Harry.

I cannot come to grips with 'Archie'. For some reason it reminds me of names like 'Gomer', 'Goober'. Their baby and their choice. For some reason and I don't know why, they did not ask me for name recommendations, go figure.

I always hate when a baby is named a little kid's type of name. Give the baby a mature sounding name that they can grow older with - Nick names are fine for younger folks.

Off my name rant now.

Wasn't Jughead played by someone who was in Gomer Pyle? LOL.

Off my name rant now.

My co-worker said the same thing. Archie sounds like a child's name, not a grown man.

I don't know why they didn't ask me for my opinion, I was waiting for their call!

Would the baby have already been given a formal title, or can that be done later?

Parents have likely turned down a title for him. It allows him to start a business, be his own man as an adult and have a 'normal' life. He is so far down the line, very small chance that he'd ever be on the throne so no need to put him in a guilded cage with rules and regs. He can still get into Eton. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member