GUILTY GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests* #2

I was hoping Law and Crime was going to put the Trial on Youtube so we could post it on this thread. I haven't seen it on their website. I presume they are not going to upload the daily trial.

I can't find them anywhere else right now.

I’ve missed it. Why did Bell’s father take the newborn and two year old to his house?

I heard him say he told his daughter to clean up the house before he would bring them back.

Did this new mother spend any time with her newborn? Her cousin also said had taken the two children to keep at her house.

Was DPS involved with this family? If so, they sure messed up big time! If not, how did they, DPS, miss them?

I’ve missed it. Why did Bell’s father take the newborn and two year old to his house?

I heard him say he told his daughter to clean up the house before he would bring them back.

Did this new mother spend any time with her newborn? Her cousin also said had taken the two children to keep at her house.

Was DPS involved with this family? If so, they sure messed up big time! If not, how did they, DPS, miss them?
I'd have to dig way back to find the original stories but yeah, I remember something about Cortney calling the police on her father who had Caliyah. If I can find my old post I think I linked to the police report. I'll look for it tonight.

It's been so long since this case started that it's hard to keep from mixing up details with other cases.

ETA: Bingo! Here's the link to the police call about "custodial interference." The father's call is one of the sound files.
UPDATE: Two previous 911 calls reported from McNabb residence

And here's the link to my original post:
GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

Last edited:
Thursday, May 9th:
*Trial continues (Day 3) for both (@ 9am ET) - GA - Caliyah C. McNabb (15 days old) (Oct, 7, 2017, Covington) - *Cortney Marie Bell (24), "mother" arrested & charged (10/18/17) indicted (1/5/18) & arraigned (1/23/18) with 2nd degree murder & 2nd degree cruelty to children & deprivation of a minor; taken into custody Sat. 1/6/18. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
*Christopher Michael McNabb (27) "father" arrested & charged (10/18/17) & indicted (1/5/18) & arraigned (1/23/18) on 8 counts for malice murder, 2 counts of felony murder, 2nd degree murder, aggravated battery, 2 counts of 1st & 2nd degree cruelty to children & concealing a death. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Was under suicide watch.
Trial started 5/6/19 12 jurors (6 women & 6 men ranging in ages of 22 to 64. (2 alternates)
5/6/19: Jury selection is done. Trial continues on 5/7.

5/7/19 Day 1: Opening statements. 911 Operator (no name given). Newton County Sheriff’s Deputy Joshua Hicks (1st responding officer). Dep. Raymond Walden. Female officer (no name given). Timothy Bell (Bell's father). Mellisa Davis (neighbor). Megan Sorrells (Bell's cousin). Trial continues 5/8.
5/8/19 Day 2: Jurors took trip to see where Caliyah lived & crime scene. Cpl. Mickey Kitchens, Newton County Sheriff's Office investigator. Lora Darrisaw, a forensic pathologist. Kim Weatherford (Bell's Aunt). Pamela Hamby (Bell's mother). Trial continues to 5/9.

Last edited:
Is anyone also having issues here and there with the volume going out temporarily on the live feed during playback?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back