GUILTY GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests* #2

I came to this thread because I tried to watch the trial and never could hear all that was said during interrogations of both parents. Is there a transcript?
I just want to find where they show the best evidence that McNabb killed the baby-aside from his tendency to have violent fits.
I don’t think they are innocent, I just want to know all that the jury knew

I just came across this case today. It is horrifying and heartbreaking. IMO if the mother was meth addict, then Caliyah was probably born addicted also. Addicted babies cry constantly. It may have been too much for a couple of addicts to handle. Also, IMO the first injury was a punch to the face. If beating their brains in doesn’t stop crying, punching them in the face won’t do much either. Yet punching them may have just made her cry more, requiring the blunt force trauma to the head.
I have wondered who actually killed her, and as I listened to the ME testify, she says the cut under the eye wasn’t from blunt trauma, but from an exterior item. I wonder if either of them wore a ring that could have caused this, and the subsequent orbital fractures. I was hoping to see some photos from social media, and see if either wore a ring on their dominant hand. Come to think of it, they would have to be right handed if the cut was on Caliyah’s left cheek. I could be off base here, just a thought.

I just came across this case today. It is horrifying and heartbreaking. IMO if the mother was meth addict, then Caliyah was probably born addicted also. Addicted babies cry constantly. It may have been too much for a couple of addicts to handle. Also, IMO the first injury was a punch to the face. If beating their brains in doesn’t stop crying, punching them in the face won’t do much either. Yet punching them may have just made her cry more, requiring the blunt force trauma to the head.
I have wondered who actually killed her, and as I listened to the ME testify, she says the cut under the eye wasn’t from blunt trauma, but from an exterior item. I wonder if either of them wore a ring that could have caused this, and the subsequent orbital fractures. I was hoping to see some photos from social media, and see if either wore a ring on their dominant hand. Come to think of it, they would have to be right handed if the cut was on Caliyah’s left cheek. I could be off base here, just a thought.
I just came across this photo, taken (I believe) at the time Cortney had just been informed that Caliyah had been found dead. Notice the cut under her eye.

Attachments

• 2761284F-EA88-442C-BD48-FCC46BFD49BB.jpeg
    2761284F-EA88-442C-BD48-FCC46BFD49BB.jpeg
    359.7 KB · Views: 52

okay - so according to this paragraph in the article:

The trial judge sentenced Bell to serve 30 years on the merged murder and child cruelty charges, with 15 years to be served in prison and 15 years on probation. On the contributing to dependency of a minor charge, the court sentenced Bell to 10 years in prison, to be served concurrent with the murder sentence.

So... is she going to have to serve these 10 years? Even though it ran concurrent with the murder charges?

Anyone know? TIA! :)

So with her second degree murder and second degree cruelty to child conviction being vacated by the court of appeals the state still has time to review the case and decide if they want to appeal the appeals court ruling. If the state does not appeal the appeals course ruling then it will go back to the superior court for resentencing. Her contributing to the dependency of a minor the deprivation charge the one that the appeals court sustained and upheld holds a possible 10-year prison sentence.
So right now it's just hurry up and wait. We got to see what the state's going to do. My guess is though that they'll kick it back to the superior court for resentencing and the judge actually you know what I don't want to even speculate on what any judge in that Superior Court is going to do or not do. Right now we wait. I guess you could say like let's say she gets resentenced and gets time served in probation and she walks or she gets the max 10 years and she continues to sit in prison. Or the state will appeal it and maybe the appeals court will be overturned and she'll continue on with the same sentence she's doing as we speak IDK. In my opinion though I agree with the appeals court

Court TV did a segment on the court of appeals decision and Vinnie Politan spoke with CB's attorney, he explains alot. (it is on their Facebook page) I watched the trial and sentencing, it was horrific but I have to agree with the appelate court's decision CB did not kill Caliyah. The jury convicted on feelings, not evidence!

Court TV did a segment on the court of appeals decision and Vinnie Politan spoke with CB's attorney, he explains alot. (it is on their Facebook page) I watched the trial and sentencing, it was horrific but I have to agree with the appelate court's decision CB did not kill Caliyah. The jury convicted on feelings, not evidence!
I agree she didn't kill her, but she knew he did. She knew what kind of monster he was and she didn't protect her children from that. The judge said as much in the sentencing. Horrible case. I drive by the trailer park often and my stomach turns. That poor child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back