Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TL4S -- I respectfully disagree with you that he's "average"; to the contrary: I believe -- again, MOO -- that the individual who took the lives of these young girls is very "book-smart" (think: NHS when in h.s.; high GPA when in college). "Average-looking"? Perhaps. And thus, many who knew him well while he was growing up in Delphi assume that "he couldn't possibly do anything like...that... Not him!"

It's MOO that we/I sometimes have POIs too "boxed-in" to fit/match a certain set of, um, "possibilites". It's my fear that, over in Delphi, there just may be many dear, sweet Delphi residents who just.can't.imagine a certain young man as the killer of Abby & Libby. They've never even let their imaginations "go there", as they've tried to consider possible suspects who have lived in and grown up in the town of Delphi.

That is a problem. MOO.

Time to do "out-of-the-box" thinking.

Maybe...maybe Delphi residents (who are as eager to see justice done as those of us who post here at WS) need to start considering "the last possible young man capable of doing such a thing" as the first possible POI. MOO.

Average looking and average to above average in intellect. He is not of lower intelligence imo

Just my own opinion, but I think that the POI is not only relatively skinny; I think that he may have run track in h.s./college, or both. (Thinking that *many* here on WS have assumed the POI is much sturdier built, all due to the heavy "disguise" of the jacket, thickness of the sleeves, baggy jeans, etc.) Bet he's in pretty good shape physically...having grown up in/near Delphi (tons of confidence walking on the bridge; that is definitely *not* the walk of a first-timer on that bridge).

When the public finally finds out who the POI is, my "spidey sense" tells me that locals in Delphi will not only be shocked at who this is; they will say "Yeah, that does make sense: He went to Delphi H.S., so of course he knows the Monon High Bridge Trail very well [nothing against Delphi or the h.s. there, by the way], was very good in track & field, and... so hard to believe it's him! No wonder we never thought of *him*...

Meanwhile, the POI feels relatively "safe" -- at least, temporarily safe. Figures that no one will "suss" him out, since he doesn't "fit" the typical profile (whatever "typical" looks like, right?).

**Bold font added by me to quote by @rosesfromangels

Re running track imo not lean enough or long legged. I wonder though if he looks chunkier on the video than in real life...videos can make one look fatter.

Re running track imo not lean enough or long legged. I wonder though if he looks chunkier on the video than in real life...videos can make one look fatter.

...and in 2 years a person can change their looks/appearance drastically so to me “the sketch” is mainly helpful if someone can retrace in their mind people they might have seen back then; at this point I think any local would have already spoken up, just my opinion

He blends in, for sure. I am not sure about the level of intelligence, but can say he’s not intellectually impaired.

This crime took stealth, cunning and preparation.

Exactly. And, it was done in broad daylight on a “snow day” when lots of young people etc were around the area or expected to be in the area.

Yeah, between that and the clothes, it's hard to tell what his build is really. If he is in fact a large man, people who know him have probably noticed that he's light on his feet, or nimble.

He blends in, for sure. I am not sure about the level of intelligence, but can say he’s not intellectually impaired.

This crime took stealth, cunning and preparation.

Totally agree and still don’t think this was his “first”; if it was, he’s one lucky (in the wrong way) guy but I’m hopeful LE will bring him to justice.

if injury ended a promising career, that could add to festering anger & bitterness.

Field events require upper body strength, but that muscle mass can become soft when workouts end, could lead to larger upper body & thinner legs?

Grasping at straws here. Couldn't even find an image of straw, which the phrase is actually about!

upload_2019-5-11_18-55-41.jpeg

Interesting...thanks.
I believe the perp's family, who may have noticed changes in behavior, are covering for the perp here...

LE may not be able to crack 'the silence of this family'.

So when it comes to LE, what term is used (I myself don't know; that's why I'm asking) when someone covers/several individuals cover for another? *Is* there a term to describe that? And -- a related question -- are those individuals (who cover for someone who has committed criminal deeds) themselves guilty or considered by LE to be.. accomplices in some way? Just wondering to what extent (i. e., potential jail time?) those who *may* be covering for the POI may be found guilty under Indiana law.

P. S. A bit crazy idea here, but...wonder if LE has already checked with various local realtors to find out who has moved out of town in the last 2 years and nearly 3 months. Or...would the POI's family choose to "hunker down" by *staying* in town or in a nearby community where they may live, hoping that by *staying* they would risk less suspicion on the part of local LE and the community? MOO

So when it comes to LE, what term is used (I myself don't know; that's why I'm asking) when someone covers/several individuals cover for another? *Is* there a term to describe that? And -- a related question -- are those individuals (who cover for someone who has committed criminal deeds) themselves guilty or considered by LE to be.. accomplices in some way? Just wondering to what extent (i. e., potential jail time?) those who *may* be covering for the POI may be found guilty under Indiana law.

P. S. A bit crazy idea here, but...wonder if LE has already checked with various local realtors to find out who has moved out of town in the last 2 years and nearly 3 months. Or...would the POI's family choose to "hunker down" by *staying* in town or in a nearby community where they may live, hoping that by *staying* they would risk less suspicion on the part of local LE and the community? MOO

In Canada it could be accessory after the fact when the crime is a felony or aiding and abetting.
Not sure about USA.

Good thoughts. I think the term to describe someone who helps a criminal with knowledge of their crime is “aiding and abetting.”

For the second part of your post, I have gone from some homeless transient (first impression) who happened through the Delphi area to a home owner in the area. It’s a spectrum of possibilities.

It’s hard to imagine BG as an actual home owner in Delphi, so if there is local connection, it could be through family or work. Just trying to narrow down a logical train of thinking. My opinion.

If he is muscular enough, this jacket would make him look chunky.

He does seems heavy and longer in mass on top of shorter legs.

The upper perceived weight may be because of what he is carrying inside the jacket. One of the videos shared a few days ago with some experts surmised he was carrying the items he needed to commit the crime in his jacket. It makes sense to me that’s why he seems bigger than he actually is.

All the same, he doesn’t appear a small guy. Maybe under average for height but not someone to be considered short or thin.

A couple of people have already given some possible charges. I think any actual charge would depend on their level of involvement. I’ll add obstruction of justice as a potential charge.

Exactly. And, it was done in broad daylight on a “snow day” when lots of young people etc were around the area or expected to be in the area.
And who would those nondescript people be that you see but don’t “register” because they are fitting in, doing what you would expect them to do? Meter reader, garbage man, delivery guy, tow truck guy, Gardner, maintainence, etc....someone who is nondescript, fits in, looks like he belongs where he is. That guy. But with chicken legs, a big chin, and a cowardly look.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Good thoughts. I think the term to describe someone who helps a criminal with knowledge of their crime is “aiding and abetting.”

For the second part of your post, I have gone from some homeless transient (first impression) who happened through the Delphi area to a home owner in the area. It’s a spectrum of possibilities.

It’s hard to imagine BG as an actual home owner in Delphi, so if there is local connection, it could be through family or work. Just trying to narrow down a logical train of thinking. My opinion.

Yes, @Jabarn, I agree w/you that BG likely is *not* a home owner himself in Delphi or a nearby town -- but that he *may* still live with his parent(s), who *are* local homeowners. It's my "spidey sense" that he's found places to chat with a parent/both parents where locals *can't* spot them chatting... Perhaps in a nearby large-ish city (i. e., Lafayette, West Lafayette, or even over in Indy -- but that's not as convenient as the first two cities) at a restaurant or coffee shop. Those 2 cities have *tons* of college students, even after second semester classes finish in late April/ early May, and throughout the summer. Great places to go with no one watching/hearing (or so they may think). MOO

What kind of options does LE have toward those who "aid and abet", I wonder? (At this point, it certainly *appears* as if BG's family [i. e., a parent, or both parents, if BG may still be living at home w/parents] -- again, MOO -- *may* be keeping a lid on all of this, thinking that they'll just take their "inside knowledge" or suspicions to their grave(s) with them. What a heavy load to bear!)

Wonder who in the Delphi area/nearby towns has noticed a parent/parents of a locally brought up, normally pleasant, well-mannered, smarter-than-average young man with...changes to their demeanor, or that parent/those parents having become much.more.guarded in their conversations, and being much more "selective" about to whom they speak.

And who would those nondescript people be that you see but don’t “register” because they are fitting in, doing what you would expect them to do? Meter reader, garbage man, delivery guy, tow truck guy, Gardner, maintainence, etc....someone who is nondescript, fits in, looks like he belongs where he is. That guy. But with chicken legs, a big chin, and a cowardly look.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Of course this is amateur opinion and speculation as well, but it’s possible if he isn’t a random transient (I can’t shake that theory right now), he works third shift somewhere and was available for a mid-day crime. He may also be unemployed altogether and provided for.

As this goes forward two years, and after the newest press conference, I do wonder who could be providing for him, especially if he has a car. What in the world would the provider of such, if it boils down to that, be thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa