Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The state had not closed the case. It doesn’t mean physical custody.
Speaking of physical custody, I hope BB is never allowed custody af any child.

If the kids were returned in February but the state had custody then yes, she was allowed to have them. A caseworker checked on them monthly. Which is absurd if the the state still had custody of them, should’ve been more often. JMO

They usually look at CPS's suggestions, and especially, a doctor's statement very seriously. There was a professional opinion that Maleah's injury could not have occurred the way the mother described. The doctor found evidence of previous physical abuse. The grandmother asked that the judge not place the child back in the home.
The judge allowed the children back in the home before any parenting classes or counseling could be completed.
Maleah was in the custody of CPS when she went missing.
There is a huge amount of negligence involved in this case. Imo

Thank you so much for this. So the children were out of 'mama's" home for a period of time? To me, IMO, if CPS did indeed remove the children and a judge went against their recommendations and returned them home it gives us (citizens) a starting place to protect these children. Returning the children prior to the completion of classes is huge to me. Huge. I need to stop this post until I calm down. This child was failed.

Would LE hide the fact they found a body? Every article I have seen says that LE has not confirmed if they found a body. I keep seeing “Officials have not confirmed whether they believe Maleah is dead or if her body has been found”

View attachment 183850
This is what i created from your uploaded photo. It appears to me to be an older white man or woman. I can't make out if that is shoulder length hair or not.
Oh boy! This is like all those BG photos on Abby and Libby's threads. I can't make out anything in this photo. OT It's like the latest tennis shoes pics...grey/green or pink white...

I know what it means. But I’m baffled on them only checking in on them 1x a month.

If that actually happened. I cannot tell you how many times I have read those documents, and matched a case worker's files, with all of the other files, and found fraud. Which somehow, never gets reported, and case worker's who work for state agencies are covered by union. "This is their first occurrence...",

<modsnip: off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
don't mind me, just catching up with what I missed. Finding this mornings updates.

A Houston Police spokesperson said authorities have still not found the girl and the investigation is continuing. After his arrest, bond was set at $999,999 with a court date scheduled for Monday, FOX26 reported.

Man who reported missing Houston girl arrested in her disappearance, blood discovered in apartment

An employee of a taxi cab company spotted the car and called police, said detective Ken Fregia. The car was about 5 miles away from where Vence said he woke up.

A laundry basket was found in the trunk along with a gas can, and police are urging anyone who sold him the gas can to contact authorities.

Maleah Davis: Blood evidence found in man's home, police say - CNN

Erica Simon on Twitter
There will be a #MaleahDavis event Wednesday, May 15 at Oyster Creek Park in Sugar Land. (No matter how much time goes by, my heart will break looking at this beautiful little girl).

D6XxDQjWAAApR2o.jpg

8:52 AM - 12 May 2019

Erica Simon on Twitter
Today at 4 p.m., Parents Against Predators is doing a balloon release for #MaleahDavis at Kirkwood Landing. All mothers are invited; asked to bring a pink balloon and teddy bear.
1f9f8.png

8:35 AM - 12 May 2019

Erica Simon on Twitter
All I want to do is cry. Investigators say blood found in Derion Vence’s apartment belongs to #MaleahDavis. Cadaver dogs, which are trained to detect human remains, got a hit in the trunk of the family car. http://abc13.com/maleah-davis-blood-found-in-suspects-apartment-police-say/5296508/ …
D6Xc1VPWwAA5690.jpg

7:24 AM - 12 May 2019

So all of those folks in the courtroom were unrelated and waiting for their case to be called? I was hopeful it was family members, maybe his brother who’s been harboring him, not realizing til this hearing just how bad the charges and evidence were...

Wow. That is graphic. Not sure if that will stand up in court though. But his arms are flexed, like the item is heavier than "laundry". And who puts laundry in a plastic bag, in a laundry basket?

Just saying, that doesn't look like clothing to me.
I have tucked plastic bags over top of my laundry when I had to transport it when my washing machine was broke and it was raining. The appearance was always smooth. There was something other than laundry in that bag,I am sad to say.

I know what it means. But I’m baffled on them only checking in on them 1x a month.

It really doesn’t matter. People are slick. They know when to expect CPS, the house & kids are all cleaned up, fridge is stocked & it looks like the Brady Bunch home. Or, like in the AJ case, the parent says the kid is sleeping (which might imply he’s in recovery from his last beating). Even if they checked 3X a day, an abuser can find ways. Ply a kid with candy or ice cream, he’ll look like the happiest kid on the block. Abuse does not have to leave marks. In my town, the head honcho at CPS has the nastiest houses in her subdivision. She lives in deplorable conditions, so she expects less or doesn’t recognize what another person might. To be fair, I do think the judge makes his decision based on CPS findings.

Why do I think of the song ‘The Rapper’, when I look at DV......not because of his music career. More like ‘you know what he’s after’.

It really doesn’t matter. People are slick. They know when to expect CPS, the house & kids are all cleaned up, fridge is stocked & it looks like the Brady Bunch home. Or, like in the AJ case, the parent says the kid is sleeping (which might imply he’s in recovery from his last beating). Even if they checked 3X a day, an abuser can find ways. Ply a kid with candy or ice cream, he’ll look like the happiest kid on the block. Abuse does not have to leave marks. In my town, the head honcho at CPS has the nastiest houses in her subdivision. She lives in deplorable conditions, so she expects less or doesn’t recognize what another person might. To be fair, I do think the judge makes his decision based on CPS findings.

Why do I think of the song ‘The Rapper’, when I look at DV......not because of his music career. More like ‘you know what he’s after’.

It should still be their responsibility to check more than 1x a month regardless of whatever you just said.

Would LE hide the fact they found a body? Every article I have seen says that LE has not confirmed if they found a body. I keep seeing “Officials have not confirmed whether they believe Maleah is dead or if her body has been found”

If an autopsy is needed to ID a found body, LE might not make an announcement, imo.
I think they have not since they want info on the gas can retailer.

I missed it too. But once she went in she apparently realized M was there so he was unsuccessful.
If all this is true, could BB not see her beau was clearly more interested in her daughter, not in marrying her? How disgusting.

Huh?

It should still be their responsibility to check more than 1x a month regardless of whatever you just said.

Where would they get personnel to visit all the homes?
I propose they build reunification barracks for these situations, with the national guard on stand-by. Have everyone living commune style with armed guards on patrol. Sounds ridiculous but there’s no way child abuse will ever end, imo.
Idk why anyone thinks an abuser should get a “do-over”, imo that is merely giving them a chance to repeat, with the abuse escalating. Moo

No. And this happens a lot in no body cases. LE has enough evidence to show the victim could no longer be alive. They cannot find the body because the perp hid it. Hence the tampering with a corpse charge. LE prefers to have a body and autopsy to file murder charges. If that doesn't happen. They may eventually file murder charges. Years or a decade may go by though.

Where would they get personnel to visit all the homes?
I propose they build reunification barracks for these situations, with the national guard on stand-by. Have everyone living commune style with armed guards on patrol. Sounds ridiculous but there’s no way child abuse will ever end, imo.
Idk why anyone thinks an abuser should get a “do-over”, imo that is merely giving them a chance to repeat, with the abuse escalating. Moo

You’re assigned a caseworker normally. Its not a new caseworker going in every single time. 1x a week would be better than 1x a month IMO. And as for the abuser thing, they couldn’t prove it was abuse so that’s where things get sticky.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this about the laundry basket or not but the second I saw it I was pretty certain MD was in it. When I carry one with a heavy load of laundry in it, I tilt it back toward me to help brace the weight. If you notice, IMO, he’s tilting the basket back toward him to stabilize it. It’s not visibly overflowing, so my guess is the density of what is in there is creating more weight than some laundry would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu