Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts exactly and why have they been so tight lipped from the beginning if there was a remote chance that it could have been an accident. Why state at the recovery that this was being investigated as a homicide ?

I find this quote interesting, because he mentioned this more than once. I have not heard or seen any references to "there is someone going around abducting women", I have not seen that in any discussions here locally that would warrant repeating this statement multiple times.
I've seen people commenting on news articles about it and discussion from locals on FB groups regarding there being a woman killer on the loose but I didn't think it was THAT prevalent a thought that you'd feel the need to have a PC.

According to sources, there are certain "manipulations of instrumentation inside the car" that could only have occurred after the car entered the water. While NBC 15 is aware of what this information is, we are withholding that information until the investigation is concluded.

These manipulations, whatever they are, and if correct, suggest only that Danni tried to escape the car. This does not narrow down an accident in any way. A suicide could have a person try to escape once they begin drowning.

And a man can knock a woman out or partially conscious, and send the car into the water. Then the woman becomes conscious once the water wakes her up, and she tries to get out.

100% agreed. Well worded and thought out post.

FWIW, here is a WikiHow about escaping from a sinking car: How to Escape from a Sinking Car.

Some things I've thought about:

1 - Would I put my car in Park if I'd just accidentally driven it into a body of water and was sinking? I just don't think putting the car in Park would even cross my mind. MOO, and all speculation in regard to possibility the car might have been in Park. Again, that is just speculation.
2 - Articles I've read indicate that air bags would probably deploy due to nose-first (heavy end) impact if distance was greater than a few feet from road to water. Forgive me if we already know this, but were her airbags deployed? It's also my understanding that airbags will not deploy if the ignition is off.
3- Articles I've read indicate the car would probably flip onto its roof (doing an end over end flip while sinking nose first). Do we know if the car was on its roof?

Some articles I've read:
Driving emergencies - Escape from a sinking car

How to escape a sinking car

ETA: NBC 15 said: "manipulations of instrumentation inside the car that could only have occurred after the car entered the water." What could those manipulations be? The car being in park?

I mean so we're supposed to believe she is blackout drunk enough to drive into a river and drown but sober enough to drive at least 26 minutes through quiet residential streets she was unfamiliar with without hitting anything or making any noise and silently drive her car into the river and put it in park.

If she drove her car into the river and put it in park, wouldn't that be a suicide? Something stinks.

What are the "mechanisms" in a car? Gear shift (D/P/N/R), blinkers, wipers, windows? For any of them except D/P, how could you even tell when they were turned on or off? So the media knows but isn't telling?

The only one that makes sense to me is that the car was found in Park because it would be hard to push the car into the water if it were in Park. But someone else could have been in the car with her, put the car in park, and got out before it sank fully. Plus, if the car was in Park I would think they would lean towards a suicide.
In a front wheel drive automatic I doubt placing it in park would do more than lock the front wheels which could be close to floating at the time. In fact putting it into park while partially submerged would allow someone to escape out the back window then push it in. Of course you could always use another car to push it in.

I have no idea what else they could be talking about.

If this was an accident, police should be able to clearly answer this question:

"Who was with Danni at 11:24 PM at the Shell station?"​

If MPD cannot answer this question, then they have not solved the question of what happened that night. Ruling it an accident will have the appearance of avoiding doing the work to figure it out.

If this was an accident, police should be able to clearly answer this question:

"Who was with Danni at 11:24 PM at the Shell station?"​

If MPD cannot answer this question, then they have not solved the question of what happened that night. Ruling it an accident will have the appearance of avoiding doing the work to figure it out.

This is perfect @otto. And why the urgency to take the CCTV down? If it was not clear and they could not see anything then why such a big deal? I know it was JDT who said it was removed to not endanger people which who knows where she got that information. But the fact remains LE gave the order to take it down. So why!!

Last edited:
This is perfect @otto. And why the urgency to take the CCTV down? If it was not clear and they could not see anything then why such a big deal? I know it was JDT who said it was removed to not endanger people which who knows where she got that information. But the fact remains LE gave the order to take it down. So why!!
My exact thoughts! And why turn the case over to the Homicide Unit so early on? I don’t think a majority of the public bought the reasoning. We still have the conflicting report of discovery, tips from the public vs training, both of which came from Chief LB. Things like this make the public not only question LE, but devalue the system as a whole. When you doubt those/authority who have sworn to protect you/the community, trust is broken and problems arise. I hope this case isn’t over and they continue working it.

If police want to declare this an accident, they need to do it in person with a press release, and they need to answer some of the questions that until now they've avoided answering. I don't think anyone is going to let this rest without answers - at least I hope not. Declaring it an accident and hiding behind closed doors sounds too much like sweeping it under the carpet and hoping no one will care.

If police want to declare this an accident, they need to do it in person with a press release, and they need to answer some of the questions that until now they've avoided answering. I don't think anyone is going to let this rest without answers - at least I hope not. Declaring it an accident and hiding behind closed doors sounds too much like sweeping it under the carpet and hoping no one will care.
MOO...if this in fact is what is happening, I can only assume it is associated with a certain persons status in the community

My sentiments exactly.

On top of the video information from the gas station, I also want to know about the GPS. Also, all newer vehicles have a "black box" on board that is connected to the crash sensors, typically they record the last 10 to 15 seconds before a crash happened ...

they keep talking about evidence that shows that it could have been an accident, but how? what evidence could there be that says it could have been an accident and she wasn't incapacitated or unconscious. Seriously what items in a car could you manipulate after going into the water that would prove that it was an accident? I can't think of a single one.

My sentiments exactly.

On top of the video information from the gas station, I also want to know about the GPS. Also, all newer vehicles have a "black box" on board that is connected to the crash sensors, typically they record the last 10 to 15 seconds before a crash happened ...

they keep talking about evidence that shows that it could have been an accident, but how? what evidence could there be that says it could have been an accident and she wasn't incapacitated or unconscious. Seriously what items in a car could you manipulate after going into the water that would prove that it was an accident? I can't think of a single one.
And how could those acts/manipulation be differentiated from staging the crime scene?

My sentiments exactly.

I want to hear from police all the answers to all the questions. If they draw a conclusion between something in the car and how the car got into the water, they need to be sure that it is the only possible conclusion.

I have been thinking about this all day. One of the things that struck me was his mention of reporters and people at the scene possibly have being able to see some of the evidence that makes them think accident. Skid marks? Structural damage? Damage to the exterior of the vehicle? Surely reporters weren't allowed to take a peek inside, so what could that be? ETA: And if there is something of the sort, how do they know how long it's been like that?

I recall someone mentioning in the thread how odd it would be if she were too drunk to drive that she'd manage to get from the Shell to the boat ramp without hitting anything or crashing beforehand and that has me wondering... is there a way to access reported crimes around that time? Like if a whole slew of mailboxes had been taken out around the neighborhood near the boat ramp and residents had assumed it was some destructive kids, would there be a way to access those kinds of reports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa