Found Safe KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

MAGOFFIN COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT/WKYT) -- UPDATE 5/15/19 @ 2:45 p.m.
A missing child from Magoffin County was found safely by rescue crews Wednesday, although he was in a potentially deadly situation, rescue crews say.

Kenneth Howard was found on a 50-foot cliff in the Hueysville area, according to Magoffin Rescue Squad Director Carter Conley. Rescue crews heard crying and used a basket to get to Kenneth, who's only 22 months old.

Kenneth was found about 1,755 feet from home on old mine property. Family members say they believe he may have walked out the back door of the home.

Other than some dehydration, Kenneth is said to doing OK. A helicopter was sent to fly him to a pediatric trauma center.

An extensive search effort has been underway all week. It involved helicopters, drones with thermal cameras, K-9 search teams, off-road vehicles and others searching on foot.

We have a crew at the scene. Keep checking the WSAZ app for the latest information.

UPDATE | Missing toddler from eastern Ky. found safe

MAGOFFIN COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT/WKYT) -- UPDATE 5/15/19 @ 2:45 p.m.
A missing child from Magoffin County was found safely by rescue crews Wednesday, although he was in a potentially deadly situation, rescue crews say.

Kenneth Howard was found on a 50-foot cliff in the Hueysville area, according to Magoffin Rescue Squad Director Carter Conley. Rescue crews heard crying and used a basket to get to Kenneth, who's only 22 months old.

Kenneth was found about 1,755 feet from home on old mine property. Family members say they believe he may have walked out the back door of the home.

Other than some dehydration, Kenneth is said to doing OK. A helicopter was sent to fly him to a pediatric trauma center.

An extensive search effort has been underway all week. It involved helicopters, drones with thermal cameras, K-9 search teams, off-road vehicles and others searching on foot.

We have a crew at the scene. Keep checking the WSAZ app for the latest information.

UPDATE | Missing toddler from eastern Ky. found safe

So they had sent a search crew into Floyd County this morning and my husband was a couple of hundred yards away when they found him right over the county line. There are lots of old strip mines in that area (all over Floyd County, actually). He said it appears that he was there on his own and, in his opinion, it looked like he had been outside the entire time. In other words, it's his opinion that Kenneth has been wandering around and not that someone freaked out and just dropped him off in a place where he would be found (that was one of my thoughts). The searchers are all pretty stunned. They said he was tired, cranky, and dirty but that he seemed to be mostly okay. They were worried about hypothermia and dehydration. The searchers went in this morning thinking that it would be a recovery and not a rescue so...yay.

I don't know how much I'm allowed to say when it comes to what the rescuers did or didn't do after they found him. He was definitely being tended to while they waited for the ambulance to arrive, though. People were there with blankets, pull-ups, and water.

So they had sent a search crew into Floyd County this morning and my husband was a couple of hundred yards away when they found him right over the county line. There are lots of old strip mines in that area (all over Floyd County, actually). He said it appears that he was there on his own and, in his opinion, it looked like he had been outside the entire time. In other words, it's his opinion that Kenneth has been wandering around and not that someone freaked out and just dropped him off in a place where he would be found (that was one of my thoughts). The searchers are all pretty stunned. They said he was tired, cranky, and dirty but that he seemed to be mostly okay. They were worried about hypothermia and dehydration. The searchers went in this morning thinking that it would be a recovery and not a rescue so...yay.
Also, would be pretty brazen for someone to risk dropping him off in an area that was being searched. This is a miracle and nothing more. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back