GUILTY OK - Holly Cantrell, 40, pregnant, McAlester, 20 Jan 2017 *arrest in 2022*

Yes. As the detective said Holly was never seen in the restaurant on their cameras and none of her co-workers had plans to have lunch with her despite the story he told of her allegedly having lunch with co-workers. This is a changed story from the original that had been given where he allegedly dropped her off and then forgot to pick her up.

It seems quite a few people were aware of what was going on between Holly and Cody. Also, it had been said that Holly's husband had been aware of Holly being pregnant but that wasn't brought up at all in the episode and I was hoping to learn when he had known.

I am curious if Cody's wife knew what was going and if she did was she also aware of Holly being pregnant.

At any rate, LE hung out Cody as a named person of interest but made no mention of her husband as a person of interest despite the push in that direction by her family.
Cody and his wife have been separated for a long time, but never made it official, according to family friends.

So a few things I've not seen covered here.

1. Cody and his wife supposedly have not lived together in years, per a member of his family.

2. Cody does not have kids, that I've seen mentioned. I don't think his "wife" cares what he does, so I'm not sure there's a motive there.

3. The woman who "committed suicide" while researching the case... her husband also "committed suicide" apparently in the exact same way.

4. The papers. Around this time, it rained in Oklahoma. A LOT. There is no way those papers were left there when she went missing and still able to be read, in no way messed up, by the time they were found.

5. The reason family seems to point to the husband is that they claim he has alienated her from them.

My opinion is that someone is leaving clues and planting things there.

Pittsburg County District Court criminal filings — Sept. 16-20, 2019

So this is strange. Perhaps the old warrant was renewed.

Holly Cantrell, 43, McAlester — Obtaining cash or merchandise by bogus check/false pretenses​
This is from an incident that happened in December of 2014. I looked her up in the court dockets on oscn.net and was able to see a pdf. It looks like there are other cases against her as well. I don't have time right now to look at all of them.

It makes no sense for her to get a ride to the restaurant especially when she was dropped off. She had her own car. No sense whatsoever.
I would imagine since she told her husband she was working she had to leave her truck at work in case he drove by? So boyfriend had to pick her up.

JAN 20, 2020
Family Holds Balloon Release For McAlester Woman Missing For 3 Years
The family of a missing McAlester woman marks three years since her disappearance with a balloon release.

[...]

"It holds something in our heart. This is where she last was. This is the closest we can get to her right now," said Camp.

The family is still waiting for a lab in Texas to identify the remains, but they believe in their heart it’s Holly.

[...]

The Medical Examiner said the lab is one of the best in the world at extracting DNA from bones and the family is hopeful that answers will come.

"There might never be justice for her. We might never know. We just hold on to hope," said Camp.

A quote from the article

“At this point we don’t have a lot of leads," Morris said. "We’re going to brief detectives tomorrow and work toward making an arrest to bring justice for the family."

Morris said the next-of-kin was notified of the identification and he hopes to bring closure with an quick arrest.

“We want to do everything we can to solve it and bring justice for them,” Morris said.

Morris said the sheriff's department will work jointly with the McAlester Police Department to conduct and revisit interviews.​

Finally, Holly has been found and can be returned to her family. She has been gone quite awhile and it was unknown if the remains found were hers. She can be buried now and her family can grieve. I still think the boyfriend looks good for it. He was with her that day and his story has loads on holes in it.

RIP Holly and welcome home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back