GUILTY OK - Holly Cantrell, 40, pregnant, McAlester, 20 Jan 2017 *arrest in 2022*

he has several fb and one recent one of same name im unsure its him so i wont link but :(

I searched his name in FB and my first result is a press release from his attorney :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Attorneys for a man indicted for the murder of Holly Cantrell asked a judge to set the trial for February 2023 — citing several concerns that a speedy trial would not be guaranteed.

Apr. 14—A Pittsburg County judge granted a motion to continue a murder trial to allow further forensic testing and agreed to reduce the bond of a man accused of murdering a McAlester woman.

Pittsburg County Associate District Judge Tim Mills granted state prosecutors' motion to continue the scheduled May trial of Cody Ketchum.

Ketchum, 36, was indicted by a multi-county grand jury in October 2022 with first-degree murder and a misdemeanor charge of destroying evidence in the death of Holly Cantrell — the McAlester woman who disappeared in January 2017 before her skeletal remains were discovered and later identified in 2020.

Prosecutors filed the motion to continue due to "outstanding forensic testing on items of evidentiary value" that won't be complete until the week of April 24 "which is inside the 10-day discovery cutoff period."

"Further, additional testing may be required which would not be completed until the trial is scheduled to begin," Oklahoma Assistant Attorney General Heather Anderson wrote in the motion. "The state requested the testing as soon as it was discovered the evidence in question was inadvertently excluded from evidence previously submitted for forensic testing."

According to the motion, the defense objected to the continuance due to Ketchum remaining in custody. Ketchum's defense attorney, Brecken Wagner, previously argued in court for the trial to be set in March and that he would be ready for trial before the trial was scheduled for the May trial docket.

“District 18 Associate District Judge Tim Mills granted Tuesday the motion to continue and placed the trial on the March 2024 trial docket.”

March 13, 2024 update

[…]

A Pittsburgh County jury found Cody Ketchum guilty of murdering Holly Cantrell in 2017. The recommended sentence was life without parole. The jury also found Ketchum guilty of tampering with evidence.

[…]

Cody Ketchum's sister is speaking out after her brother's conviction.

“I grew up on a farm with three brothers, and I never had any issues with Cody; he’s not the mean one,” said his sister, Michelle.

Michelle said Cody is the youngest sibling. Health issues led to bullying in school and left him with a sixth-grade education. She is stunned by the conviction and said she has been in communication with Holly Cantrell’s family members.

“She apologized because she didn’t think the verdict was going to happen,” said Michelle. "Her family does not think Cody did it, and I don’t think Cody did it.”

Michelle believes the jury didn’t hear important evidence, such as Holly’s husband’s failed lie detector test and her brother’s inconclusive test.

Those tests are often inaccurate, but Michelle was floored by the testimony from the cell phone expert who admitted to inaccuracies. During the trial, they were repeatedly called “scrivener’s errors.”

“If you can use one, you should be able to use the other,” she said.

Michelle believes another flaw was holding the trial in Pittsburg County.

“It was a lost case from the go,” she said.

Cody Ketchum's sister is speaking out after her brother's conviction.

“I grew up on a farm with three brothers, and I never had any issues with Cody; he’s not the mean one,” said his sister, Michelle.

Michelle said Cody is the youngest sibling. Health issues led to bullying in school and left him with a sixth-grade education. She is stunned by the conviction and said she has been in communication with Holly Cantrell’s family members.

“She apologized because she didn’t think the verdict was going to happen,” said Michelle. "Her family does not think Cody did it, and I don’t think Cody did it.”

Michelle believes the jury didn’t hear important evidence, such as Holly’s husband’s failed lie detector test and her brother’s inconclusive test.

Those tests are often inaccurate, but Michelle was floored by the testimony from the cell phone expert who admitted to inaccuracies. During the trial, they were repeatedly called “scrivener’s errors.”

“If you can use one, you should be able to use the other,” she said.

Michelle believes another flaw was holding the trial in Pittsburg County.

“It was a lost case from the go,” she said.
I just went to FB and saw family members who are thankful for the conviction, so this woman is FOS.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back