GUILTY WV - Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

I ha
Where are people seeing this fact? I don't see anywhere that they have mentioned who is responsible.
I have not seen a specific name mentioned by any news outlet or LE. I suspect that will be forthcoming at the 5p presser. Who has been arrested is strictly conjecture at this point. (Although, my money would be on the mim’s BF being named-my opinion)

Is there s link to the recorded press conference? I blinked and missed it

Not yet. They believe she was killed in the early morning hours of Wednesday, May 8. Her body was decomposed when found.

The mom's boyfriend was under surveillance at his place of work. The sheriff's office called him in for questioning today to which he agreed, and he was then placed under arrest.

Sheriff: Mother's boyfriend murdered missing West Virginia girl

SFA:
McCauley was under surveillance by law enforcement at his job site in Berkeley County until he was asked to come into a West Virginia State Police office, which he agreed to do. There, he was arrested, and, according to Bohrer, was likely being processed during the press conference.

He will be charged with murder – exactly which degree of murder will be up to the prosecuting attorney.

Last edited:
41-year-old Andy J. McCauley, Jr.

From the above link:

The Morgan County Sheriff's Department has arrested 15-year-old Riley Crossman's mother's boyfriend as a suspect in her death.

After over a week searching for the Berkeley Springs teenager, the department said in a Thursday evening press release that a body matching her description was found on Thursday.

While the identity of the decomposed remains could not be immediately confirmed, Sheriff Bohrer said they were "very confident" the remains were hers. An autopsy conducted at the West Virginia Medical Examiner's Office on Friday morning will confirm more details.

Bohrer said they've arrested 41-year-old Andy J. McCauley, Jr. for the girl's death, who was "a suspect since day one."

When asked by reporters at the press conference about McCauley's relation to Crossman, he confirmed that he was her mother's boyfriend.

McCauley was under surveillance by law enforcement at his job site in Berkeley County until he was asked to come into a West Virginia State Police office, which he agreed to do. There, he was arrested, and, according to Bohrer, was likely being processed during the press conference.

He will be charged with murder – exactly which degree of murder will be up to the prosecuting attorney.

Bohrer said they had no reason to suspect the involvement of any other suspects.

Crossman went missing in the early morning hours of May 8. On Wednesday, May 15, over 300 volunteers turned out from around the region to help law enforcement search for any sign of her.

The Morgan County Sheriff's Department says this isn't the conclusion they hoped for, but they are glad the family has some closure.

A prayer vigil will be held at the Berkeley Springs State Park at 7 p.m. on Thursday evening.

The investigation remains very much ongoing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back