MO MO - Amanda Jones, 26, pregnant, Hillsboro, 14 Aug 2005

We will not give up until they are brought home and we see some brought to justice

Is there a legal requirement in MO that a body must be found before someone can be charged with murder?

Is there a legal requirement in MO that a body must be found before someone can be charged with murder?
No there is not, but fortunately we can not get any help from the Sheriffs Department or the Prosecuting Attorneys Office

Some of the member's on Amanda's FB page have been blocked from the Sheriffs page

Some of the member's on Amanda's FB page have been blocked from the Sheriffs page
I would contact the FBI about that. It may be a federal civil rights violation, which would be a felony on the part of the Sheriff.

I pretty sure they are breaking the law by doing that but I am not sure how far to push them. They have already made so many mistakes and are not helpful. I am afraid of making the mad, wish we have already done a few times

Hello, I help run a missing persons group and we have several social media outlets to spread awareness on the missing. We use podcasts and YouTube as well and we’re featuring Amanda’s case in hopes to get it back out in the media since it’s so similar to Kelsey Berreth’s case, yet 13 years later there’s still no arrests.
We had the honor of speaking with Bertha and Hugh, Amanda’s parents today. Once the video for part two is ready, I’ll post it. But here’s part one. Nothing new for anyone here that’s been following. Just another way to spread awareness.

Volunteers, canines to search in Hillsboro for pregnant woman missing since 2005
Posted 9:58 pm, May 16, 2019, by Katie Kormann

Snipped:
A group of professionally trained volunteers and canines will search the land surrounding the Hillsboro Civic Center in Jefferson County this Sunday, May 19, for any sign of Amanda Jones. It is the last place Jones was seen before she disappeared on August 14, 2005.

Link: Volunteers, canines to search in Hillsboro for pregnant woman missing since 2005

'It's never time to let go': Amanda Jones' family still seeking closure for 13-year missing person case
Author: Justina Coronel
Published: 10:33 PM CDT May 19, 2019

Updated: 7:16 AM CDT May 20, 2019

Snipped:
"We've had so many people tell us 'Well it's going to be 14 years, it's time to let go.' No, it's never time to let go," Amanda's mom, Bertha Propst, tells us.

That's why they hosted their own search party Sunday morning with 50 searchers and dogs. They hope that this search will trigger someone to speak out.

Link: 'It's never time to let go': Amanda Jones' family still seeking closure for 13-year missing person case

A bark, a look and a wagging tail brought a backhoe and a crime scene unit to the woods here Thursday — not far from the last place anyone saw pregnant 26-year-old Amanda Jones almost 14 years ago.

For about six hours, a team led by the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department excavated a rectangle of land just north of the fairgrounds in Hillsboro. Dogs had told them that human remains could be nearby. The team hoped it would find a trace of Jones, who was weeks from delivering her second child, a boy, when she disappeared.

Dogs lead Jefferson County deputies to dig for clues in Amanda Jones case

The location that you suggested is possible, but so are many others. Burying her on his own property would have provided privacy, but it would also have meant compelling evidence against him were Amanda ever found, so it may well be that she is not on his property.
-
I find it intriguing that the POI's brother died very young. I wonder whether an autopsy was performed. Maybe the brother knew something and became a liability.
I believe the brother had something to do with it, it would of needed two people. Amanda was a bigger girl plus very pregnant

Just a thought: The Westfall properties have rocky areas and caves. IIRC, Bryan stated to LE he was doing volunteer work at the Hillsboro Civic Center for a horse show. Bryan was Jefferson County
Director for the Missouri Cattlemen's Association - Did Bryan own a horse trailer? Or have access to a horse trailer? A horse trailer would be the perfect way to transport someone unconscious to any of the properties and dispose of a body (by dragging to the edge of the rocks and knocking the person into a deep cravasse or cave). I wonder if LE ever checked any of his horse trailers for evidence, or search any caves? Also, I have been searching and not finding much info on Bryan's girlfriend Stephanie A. Votrain.
Stephanie’s
I can't edit my post above, but I would like to correct my comment about there being "nothing suspicious." I took that in a general way, but as was pointed out to me on the RB thread, it wasn't meant that way. I see that Wright was referring to finding nothing suspicious in the searches of Amanda's and her friends' homes. And of course, if there is no evidence of foul play, LE has to treat the case as a missing persons case. Adults are free to disappear, so no crime is committed until there is evidence. Tommy Wright was following procedure. My apology to him.

That is what is so frustrating about disappearance cases like Amanda's, Ronnie Bolin's, and Stephanie Warner's in my signature. If there is no body and no one talks, it's a home run for the murderer and LE's hands are tied, waiting for someone to slip up.
I have been trying to connect these 3 together Bolin, Wright and Westfall. They grew up in Hillsboro, they all did computer work but that’s all I have, I need more. Wright and Bolin had drug problems did Westfall? Wright was in Hillsboro at the time of Amanda going missing but did he know Westfall. It would of took more than one person, Amanda was a bigger girl plus extremely pregnant. The blue totes that Westfall asked his girlfriend to bring to the farm that day, did the police ever locate them?

I have no knowledge of this case but on facebook today someone posted that a message was found in a bathroom stall in the Waffle House, Conroe Texas. Message signed Amanda Jones and asking for help. LE and FBI have been informed.

I am an independent researcher working on a podcast about the Amanda Jones case and am looking for anyone from the area who knows about the case, who knows Bryan Westfall and Stephanie Votrain personally, and anything else that could be helpful in my research. Thank you.

EPISODE 1: The Disappearance of Amanda Jones - The Glue That Holds Everything Together

May 2, 2019

"Thirteen years ago, a pregnant Jefferson County woman said goodbye to her family and went to meet the man she believed to be the father of her unborn child. Amanda Jones was days away from giving birth when she disappeared, leaving her family with more questions than answers."

---

EPISODE 2: The Disappearance of Amanda Jones - I Had A Gut Feeling

Premiered May 16, 2019

"Fox 2 reporters Katie Kormann and Andy Banker discuss how Amanda Jones met Bryan Westfall, their interactions after she learned she was pregnant, and the timeline of the day she went missing more than 13 years ago. We hear from Amanda's parents, sister, best friend, and the former sheriff of Jefferson County."

---

Episode 3 - The Disappearance of Amanda Jones - Red Flags

Premiered May 24, 2019

"In episode 3 of The Disappearance of Amanda Jones, reporters Katie Kormann and Andy Banker discuss a search recently conducted at the Hillsboro Civic Center that included professionally trained volunteers and cadaver dogs, and they hear from an investigator with the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office about the first day of the investigation - statements provided, what they have been able to confirm and the discrepancies they discovered."

5800418809d5b.image.jpg

EPISODE 4: The Disappearance of Amanda Jones - The Law Binds Us In A Lot Of Ways

Premiered Jun 27, 2019

"Following recent searches for human remains on the Hillsboro Civic Center property, Fox 2 reporters Katie Kormann and Andy Banker explain the efforts made by law enforcement to search for Amanda Jones who vanished nearly 14 years ago. Representatives from the FBI and Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office explain where they searched, what technology and tools they used to search, and where they were unable to search and why."

---

EPISODE 5: The Disappearance of Amanda Jones - The Unknown Is Worse Than Death Itself

Premiered Jul 19, 2019

"Fox 2 reporters Katie Kormann and Andy Banker discuss the vigils and memorials held after the search for Amanda Jones. Amanda’s parents describe their frustration with the lack of information and progress in the case. We hear from Amanda’s daughter who was just four-years-old when her pregnant mother disappeared."

Hi everyone, I am an independent researcher working on a podcast about the Amanda Jones case and am looking for anyone from the area who knows about the case personally, who personally knows Amanda, Bryan Westfall and/or Stephanie Votrain, and anything else that could be helpful in my research. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back