Found Deceased TX - Lauren Elizabeth Thompson, 32, Panola County, 10 Jan 2019 *called 911, car found in a ditch*

There have been many cases where area's were searched close to an accident or the last known area a missing person was; only to find the body right there a year or more later. I believe she is close by and has just unfortunately been missed or is buried. I lean towards accident...

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

i have not read anything about this case on social media, or anywhere other than here on WS, but i'm going to go out on a limb and say that if she was running through the woods, on the phone with police saying someone was after her, and now she is a missing person, then it is very likely that the person she was running from caught up with her and did something to her or took her somewhere she did not want to go. seems ludicrous to think otherwise. (but that's only my opinion).

is there an active investigation still taking place?

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought it was drug-induced psychosis, but after doing some reading on that Facebook page, the call to her mother specifically, I’m quite terrified for that family and am sad at the (in)action of LE in this case.

Last edited:
i have not read anything about this case on social media, or anywhere other than here on WS, but i'm going to go out on a limb and say that if she was running through the woods, on the phone with police saying someone was after her, and now she is a missing person, then it is very likely that the person she was running from caught up with her and did something to her or took her somewhere she did not want to go. seems ludicrous to think otherwise. (but that's only my opinion).

is there an active investigation still taking place?
This is still an activie investigation. LE is not releasing everything in order not to jeopardize the case. (In the Dateline Article). They do have other clues. (per Sheriff in Dateline article). Some people think that LE should release everything so they can solve the case as though this were "Reality TV Murder."

I think your take on the case is a very good and probable explanation. Question is who snatched her? It was remote where she was snatched from, but once you get out of the woods, a major highway is about 3 - 5 miles away,

STOP sleuthing the social media of family, friends, loved ones and others who are not an officially named POI/suspect in this disappearance.

The ONLY way you find "public record" is to have searched for family in the first place. You are not allowed to sleuth out and post private or public information of persons who are not victim or officially named POI/suspect.

Last edited:
New story.
Panola County Sheriff on search for Lauren Thompson: ‘We are not giving up’

An East Texas sheriff says he is not concerned about accusations coming his office’s way in a missing woman case.​

“It’s not really a concern of mine that somebody makes up stories about me,” Sheriff Kevin Lake said. “But if it hurts the investigation, I do mind that.”

Panola County Sheriff Kevin Lake is talking about a series of YouTube videos that make allege things like cover-up by the department and turning away search crews when it comes to the search for Lauren Thompson, a mother of three missing since January 10, 2019.

“What I would like to ask our citizens is to realize the people that are putting this information out are not from Panola County," Sheriff Lake said. “The people that are doing this, have no idea about anything in Panola County.”

One of the claims made in the YouTube series, which appears to originate in Australia, is that Texas EquuSearch was turned away, even though the family asked them to join.

“We just felt like with the agencies that were there and the resources available, we had what we needed to search the area that needed to be searched,” Sheriff Lake said.

and later in the article ...

Sheriff Lake says there are no official suspects in the case, but there are persons of interest who have been interviewed. Sheriff Lake says they are the last people who saw Lauren alive. He adds at least one polygraph has also been performed.

“From what we have right now, there’s nothing that directly points to foul play being involved,” Sheriff Lake said. “But am I suspicious? Absolutely. I’m suspicious. It’s hard to understand how somebody can just disappear."​

Is this enough to add a name or two to an official POI list @sillybilly ?

No, because there is no official POI list. LE has not even announced foul play for sure and no names of POIs have been mentioned officially. We could only be guessing and if those guesses are wrong, that can do a lot of damage to the lives of innocent people.

I have grown to appreciate Websleuths strict policy for being factual. Internet gossip by those mentioned above has turned this case into a media circus and is hampering the investigation. The YouTuber mentioned above has already had to apologize for publishing wrong information and published a picture of someone with the same name as the suspects that the YouTuber named that was not the correct person.

I realize the intent of most people is they are just trying to help and pool their help with the help of others in hopes of accomplishing something. We all have our own experience, or a lack thereof, to varying degrees. Add to this public forums attract the few people who think everything is a conspiracy with the government involved.

A few suggestions you can choose to ignore if you wish.

Get the facts straight before drawing any conclusions. The "what ifs" are a logical response but can become many never ending paths to nowhere that absorb resources better spent on other leads.

Realize it doesn't matter who you are, law enforcement included, you do not and cannot have all the facts and/or have them accurately. It's the nature of investigative work everywhere. One of the primary goal of every investigation is finding as many accurate facts as possible.

Law enforcement has various legitimate reasons for not revealing various facts. Sometimes to a degree of revealing few facts or information that is intentionally erroneous. The reasons for which too many assume to be corruption, incompetency, unethical conduct, etc. If you had a suspect or suspects would you want to keep them informed as to your investigation via the national and local media? Suspect(s) watch TV, listen to radios, read newspapers, and use the world wide web and social media too.

The various forms of the news media are not a reliable source for information. At best the information they have is 2nd hand. The conclusions they draw from whatever information they have are influenced by the weaknesses of human communication. The stories they publish or speak are influenced by who they work for and their goals. Not judging and not claiming all their goals are self centered. Just simply pointing out some of the facts that go into what we read, hear, and/or see.

All of this can add up to compounding the nightmare a family and loved ones go through. Leave the loved ones alone. Anything you do that could conceivably add to their grief should be off limits.

What we do not know is not evidence of wrong doing. It's evidence of what we do not know. The information we base our theories and conclusions on is often less than reliable. As indicated above. It can be a fault. It can be intentional for good or bad reasons. It can be a lot of things we simply don't know as we don't have the evidence to sustantiate it one way or the other.

This is not to make excuses for law enforcement or anyone else. Let the facts speak for themselves. Don't fill in the unknowns, leave them blank with a question mark and an open mind to various possibilities.

I'm not a regular member here. I signed up to do the post you just read. Chances are good I'll never be back as the life I live requires my full time and attention. The reason I did this post is I'm tired of seeing the damage done to family and loved ones by well meaning people who just want to help but fail to understand the impact of their actions on those loved ones and family when they go public with their theories and conclusions. Which can sometimes also hamper an investigation from the political fallout that lead investigators to do what others think they should be doing. Sometimes an investigator does need a push. Keep in mind the investigators who work missing persons and homicides are normally not your average investigators. Then add to it the experiences they have. Many of which they can't discuss.

It's okay to want to help. I'm not trying to discourage anyone. The goal is to not do more harm than good.

There IS something more to the disappearance of Lauren Thompson. What that something is, is a question mark with a blank space for open minds that know the limitations or others and our own limitations.

Pool your strengths, ignore each others weaknesses. Keep focused on doing something good without causing a bunch of damage. You will accomplish far more.

Back to my shadow.....

Wow, just stumbled across this case and it reminds me a LOT of the Brandon Lawson case. Sure, there are differences (West Texas vs. East Texas, missing male vs. missing female, nighttime vs. daytime, etc). But there are some striking similarities:

- Both missing people placed somewhat confusing 911 calls after experiencing car trouble
- Both missing people alluded to being in danger or being chased/followed
- It sounds like there is debate in both cases whether or not the missing person was hallucinating or actually being followed
- Law enforcement and/or friends and family arrived not too long after the 911 calls to find the abandoned vehicles but no sign of the missing people
- A fairly large river was near the last known location of both of these missing people
- A very long time has passed in both cases (particularly his) and no trace of either has been found
- Allegations of impropriety, cover-up, or lack of effort against law enforcement occurred in both cases

So spooky when a person just drops off the Earth without a trace. It almost has a bit of a Maura Murray feel to it as well.

I realize the intent of most people is they are just trying to help and pool their help with the help of others in hopes of accomplishing something. We all have our own experience, or a lack thereof, to varying degrees. Add to this public forums attract the few people who think everything is a conspiracy with the government involved.

A few suggestions you can choose to ignore if you wish.

Get the facts straight before drawing any conclusions. The "what ifs" are a logical response but can become many never ending paths to nowhere that absorb resources better spent on other leads.

Realize it doesn't matter who you are, law enforcement included, you do not and cannot have all the facts and/or have them accurately. It's the nature of investigative work everywhere. One of the primary goal of every investigation is finding as many accurate facts as possible.

Law enforcement has various legitimate reasons for not revealing various facts. Sometimes to a degree of revealing few facts or information that is intentionally erroneous. The reasons for which too many assume to be corruption, incompetency, unethical conduct, etc. If you had a suspect or suspects would you want to keep them informed as to your investigation via the national and local media? Suspect(s) watch TV, listen to radios, read newspapers, and use the world wide web and social media too.

The various forms of the news media are not a reliable source for information. At best the information they have is 2nd hand. The conclusions they draw from whatever information they have are influenced by the weaknesses of human communication. The stories they publish or speak are influenced by who they work for and their goals. Not judging and not claiming all their goals are self centered. Just simply pointing out some of the facts that go into what we read, hear, and/or see.

All of this can add up to compounding the nightmare a family and loved ones go through. Leave the loved ones alone. Anything you do that could conceivably add to their grief should be off limits.

What we do not know is not evidence of wrong doing. It's evidence of what we do not know. The information we base our theories and conclusions on is often less than reliable. As indicated above. It can be a fault. It can be intentional for good or bad reasons. It can be a lot of things we simply don't know as we don't have the evidence to sustantiate it one way or the other.

This is not to make excuses for law enforcement or anyone else. Let the facts speak for themselves. Don't fill in the unknowns, leave them blank with a question mark and an open mind to various possibilities.

I'm not a regular member here. I signed up to do the post you just read. Chances are good I'll never be back as the life I live requires my full time and attention. The reason I did this post is I'm tired of seeing the damage done to family and loved ones by well meaning people who just want to help but fail to understand the impact of their actions on those loved ones and family when they go public with their theories and conclusions. Which can sometimes also hamper an investigation from the political fallout that lead investigators to do what others think they should be doing. Sometimes an investigator does need a push. Keep in mind the investigators who work missing persons and homicides are normally not your average investigators. Then add to it the experiences they have. Many of which they can't discuss.

It's okay to want to help. I'm not trying to discourage anyone. The goal is to not do more harm than good.

There IS something more to the disappearance of Lauren Thompson. What that something is, is a question mark with a blank space for open minds that know the limitations or others and our own limitations.

Pool your strengths, ignore each others weaknesses. Keep focused on doing something good without causing a bunch of damage. You will accomplish far more.

Back to my shadow.....
Most excellent post. You need to come out of your shadow more often.

Wow, just stumbled across this case and it reminds me a LOT of the Brandon Lawson case. Sure, there are differences (West Texas vs. East Texas, missing male vs. missing female, nighttime vs. daytime, etc). But there are some striking similarities:

- Both missing people placed somewhat confusing 911 calls after experiencing car trouble
- Both missing people alluded to being in danger or being chased/followed
- It sounds like there is debate in both cases whether or not the missing person was hallucinating or actually being followed
- Law enforcement and/or friends and family arrived not too long after the 911 calls to find the abandoned vehicles but no sign of the missing people
- A fairly large river was near the last known location of both of these missing people
- A very long time has passed in both cases (particularly his) and no trace of either has been found
- Allegations of impropriety, cover-up, or lack of effort against law enforcement occurred in both cases

So spooky when a person just drops off the Earth without a trace. It almost has a bit of a Maura Murray feel to it as well.

In the case of Lauren, the allegations are coming from a so-called psychic/advocate and another woman building a You Tube channel who have paired up on this case and are accusing local LE and now the DPS and the Texas Rangers all of being in a cover up. All the Sheriff did is refuse to release to those women, confidential information that was part of an ongoing investigation. The psychic wanted to do her own search on private property after LE had already done several searches. Because the Sheriff didn't welcome her into the case so they could blast theories all over the internet, they accuse him of a cover-up. They have made accusations of individuals and blasted their names on YouTube and many of these people had no involvement whatsoever. These two women are now telling their followers to send tips directly to them, not LE because LE cannot be trusted.

Aside from that detail, many people have made the parallels between Lauren and Brandon. I think part of it is due to the locations being remote where there are no witnesses, no cameras, just nothing and it gives a wrong doer the opportunity to cover this tracks.

MISSING IN EAST TEXAS: What happened to Lauren Thompson?

MISSING IN EAST TEXAS: What happened to Lauren Thompson?
Lauren Thompson has been missing for more than six months and her mom is frustrated with the investigation. She voices her concerns and the Sheriff explains the case

PANOLA COUNTY, Texas — Lauren Thompson has been missing for more than six months and there is a lot of questions surrounding her disappearance.

Those questions Torie Colvin, Lauren's mother, has also asked, especially when it comes to how the investigation is going.

Colvin sat down with CBS 19's Darcy Birden and explains what she knows surrounding the case and shares the final moments on the 911 tape.

<modsnip: snipped to comply with 10% copyright rule>

Last edited by a moderator:
so now the sheriff has confirmed another car had paint transfer with Laura's car.One of those people are deceased now any idea if it was somehow a suspicious death.I am glad the psychic's theories and bs is not allowed here but I do feel that Lauren's family does need help or the truth will not be found.

Is the news report from last night allowed to be uploaded?I haven't been around much and haven't heard about the 10% copyright rule.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back