GUILTY AL - Violet Rice, 13 months, died from abuse/neglect, Robertsdale, 24 May 2018

FlossyMay

Reaction score
Mother charged with child abuse after 13-month-old found dead in Roberstdale

According to Sheriff Mack, in the evening of May 24, officers responded to a call in Robertsdale of a "1-year-old child found deceased in a recreational vehicle-type trailer off of Patterson Road near the Styx River community."

Deputies found 13-month-old, Violet Rice in a small chair on the floor of the RV. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

Graphic details emerge from Baldwin County child abuse trial

The cause of death is not known as the state toxicology report yet to be completed, according to the Baldwin County Sheriff's Department. Rice's attorney's would not comment on her case.

As further details of the child's physical and living conditions emerged, gasps could be heard from members of the public in courtroom number 1.

Four women inmates, in jail on unrelated charges, sat beside Rice before she was called to sit with her attorneys. The women in a mix of blue and orange jail jumpsuits sobbed loudly as Lt. Reid continued with his testimony. Amid the audible crying, Judge William Scully asked that people in the courtroom to control themselves.

16845797_G.jpg

Figured out how to add the photo from this link... Mother charged with child abuse after 13-month-old found dead in Roberstdale

From the 2nd article:

the baby was born weighing 9 lbs and died 13 months later weighing 10lbs.
The description was so bad other inmates waiting for their pre-trial hearings were crying. I don't even have words for this

Actually, according to the article linked above, the baby was indeed born weighing 9 lbs. but died 13 months later weighing 10 lbs. - even worse. Those poor children.

MOO only.

Can anyone get into this site:

Search Records

I get access denied.... would like to know when her next hearing might be.
Thanks!

Geez - her RV trailer does not sound too clean.... Yuck!! :eek:

Hi Niner, I followed your link and it took me to a search function on the Revenue Commission page. Maybe that's the problem? Sorry, I know nothing about looking up these cases/hearings, and I know you're our resident expert, so maybe I'm wrong! Thought I'd mention it just in case. I'm in neighboring Mobile County, so if I can do anything here to search for the info, please let me know. Thanks for everything you do!

@dancemom - since you helped me on the Oakes case - can you find the court # for Baldwin County?

TIA! and Hello - it's nice to meet you!
little-cutie-says-hello-smiley-emoticon.gif

Man arrested in "most horrific child death" case one year later

"30-year-old Robert Rice was arrested late Friday night for manslaughter charges and aggravated child abuse. The BCSO confirms to News 5 he was arrested in connection with 13-month-old Violet Rice's death. ...

The child's mother, Jordan Rice, was charged with aggravated child abuse."

Man arrested in "most horrific child death" case one year later

"30-year-old Robert Rice was arrested late Friday night for manslaughter charges and aggravated child abuse. The BCSO confirms to News 5 he was arrested in connection with 13-month-old Violet Rice's death. ...

The child's mother, Jordan Rice, was charged with aggravated child abuse."

Unfortunately that article can't be access per EU rules... :(

Any dates in there?? :)

I look every week for Jordan's case, but so far have come up zip. Check court site today and it went thru 5/31.

Unfortunately that article can't be access per EU rules... :(

Any dates in there?? :)

I look every week for Jordan's case, but so far have come up zip. Check court site today and it went thru 5/31.

No dates, unfortunately. Apparently everyone is out on their boats enjoying the long weekend and can't be bothered...

From the article:

"The Baldwin County DA's office will be releasing a statement, but it will likely be after the holiday weekend."

Monday is Memorial Day (observed) here in the US, and pretty much everything is closed. Hopefully they'll tell us more Tuesday.

He was arrested 5/24/19, exactly one year after poor Violet's death. His charges are manslaughter/reckless and aggravated child abuse. Bond is 200,000, and he is still in jail.

Mother Jordan was in jail from 5/26/18 until 1/9/19 and was rearrested 1/21/19 and has been in jail since then. Charges are assault and aggravated child abuse. Bond is $100,000.

I couldn't find a way to access criminal court records in Alabama.

Early articles indicated that the father was out of state, but since his charges include manslaughter and mother's charges do not, I believe that wasn't the case after all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back