Found Deceased CA - Jennifer Michelle Lorber, 30, (from Colorado) Malibu, 23 May 2019

Yes, and unfortunately in this case I feel it is somewhat intentional on the part of the LASD due to her vanishing in a relatively affluent area that gets lots of tourists and it's a holiday weekend. She disappeared from the Paradise Cove area of Malibu, specifically somewhere around the Paradise Cove Beach Cafe and her car was found on Paradise Cove road off of PCH

I agree with you and think it is both premature and inappropriate to make assumptions about the relevance of her depression. The fact that every news story is leading with that potentially irrelevant "clue" is troubling. See below what I wrote in a missing thread about a young man Matthew Weaver who disappeared in Malibu last year. In my opinion, the lost hills sheriff's department has a pattern of making "victim blame"-themed statements that are counterproductive to soliciting the public's help. They did the same thing in the Elaine Park case two years ago and as a result, most locals (myself included) didn't hear about it until last summer during the tragic Malibu Park shooting of Tristan Beaudette. This is the same unit that was sued for making a mess of the Mitrice Richardson case and is now being sued because last 4th of July they responded to the scene of a brutal mugging along the PCH of a long time local resident and artist. The deputy *assumed* the beat up disoriented victim was homeless and dumped him off at the labor exchange where he would have died if not for good samaratins. See: Family Of Beaten Artist Sues Sheriff's Department - Canyon News As far as I know, no one has been arrested for that crime which occurred in the same area on a holiday weekend.

One of the challenges Malibu faces in terms of investigations is that it is a popular holiday and summer destination but has limited accommodation options so it can be hard to find witnesses after the fact. These early Press Releases do matter! People are more likely to pay attention and recall unbiased information if they aren't presented with a hopeless, forgone conculsion. Ubers, taxis, and cell reception are limited and drunk/high driving is a huge problem along the PCH. She could have been hit by a drunk driver and pitched into the brush, mugged walking to her car or accidentally drowned among other scenarios. In sum, regardless of whether Ms Lorber was depressed, there are still a range of possible dangers she may have encountered. My advice as a "local" to her family and friends is to be cognisentof the Lost Hills Sheriff's Department limitations and political motives. Since Jennifer is technically a resident of another state, perhaps the FBI can assist as well.

Quoting myself FROM Matthew Weaver's thread: "Another missing person in Malibu? Age 28-30. Possibly depressed but keep in mind that is the Malibu / LA County Sheriff department's default strategy to diminish public concern and cover their *advertiser censored**es. LE's focus should be on raising maximum awareness and locating the person - not steering their investigation according to potentially irrelevant assumptions using all capital letters...especially considering how often they have been wrong! Locals please spread the word on Jennifer Michelle Lorber."

Last edited:
I see where this youtuber has value, however he is prone to connecting disconnected dots. It is not so odd that her car is over there, once you know her grandparents used to live in one of the homes just up the stairs from the Paradise Beach Cove Cafe. The same stairs she was last caught on camera ascending, not descending. Yes it is 8 miles and yes she did begin dealing, note DEALING with depression after the death of her sister Lisa, not being mired or broken by it. This young woman has for several years run a successful and charitable small business making and selling her own jewelry and has also continued on to grad school which is why she was living in Denver.
Ultimately the conjecture and insensitivity of this video is problematic. This is a missing persons case currently and needs to be regarded as such.
Whether foul play is involved or not she can not, should not and will not be presumed dead.
Again, her car was found on Paradise Cove Rd. and she was not last seen at 11pm, she was last in contact with family via her phone at 11pm. As things move forward we may reach out to this man or other to cover the case however at this time his information is only about 60 percent accurate, there's much in the time-line he doesn't know and he makes spurious statements regarding mental health and/or there being a killer involved. So please, unless a body is recovered lets continue to treat this a missing persons. Please like a share this page to help Missing Person - Jennifer Michelle Lorber

@CalParker i'm very sorry if the video came across as insensitive and/or abrasive, as that was certainly not my intention. i am also really sorry you are dealing with this situation, and agree with everything you have said. please accept my apology if i (or the video) offended you. :)

@swedeheart I understand you're only trying to help so it's really okay, I just think it is important to keep people focused on the 'Missing' aspect rather than giving folks a reason to presume those who are vanished dead and giving them a reason to stop looking. This woman deserves life and Hope is all her family and friends have until this comes to a confirmed resolution, I believe we should bolster that hope responsibly. Thank you.

Again, please blast faceboook and twitter or whatever else with this link Missing Person - Jennifer Michelle Lorber
I will be continuing to saturate LASD and celebrity pages with this link as I urge all of you to as well.
We keep Jenny alive by keeping her relevant, that's just how missing persons cases go. So please like and share and shove it down high profile people's (like all of the Avengers) throats until they listen and retweet or share or whatever, I will not be relenting or stepping away until we know everything. Thank you all.

Last edited:
Anyone responding to this link should also be liking and sharing it. We're getting a lot of hits without any commitment beyond questions which feels a bit like hyenas on a boars corpse. So, please if you are going to use the link to request info at least do us the favor of liking and sharing the missing persons page so we can spread awareness of Jenny's case.

We need people to like the page but please don;t forget to forward it to the LASD twitter @LACoSheriff Alex Villanueva is the ultimate judge moving forward though I will not head him if he declares suicide without abundant evidence. Right now he;s ignoring the case and allowing his people to do the same.
Where is Cece Woods from thelocalmalibu.com when you need her? She is usually all over the LASD's incompetence.

I see where this youtuber has value, however he is prone to connecting disconnected dots. It is not so odd that her car is over there, once you know her grandparents used to live in one of the homes just up the stairs from the Paradise Beach Cove Cafe. The same stairs she was last caught on camera ascending, not descending. Yes it is 8 miles and yes she did begin dealing, note DEALING with depression after the death of her sister Lisa, not being mired or broken by it. This young woman has for several years run a successful and charitable small business making and selling her own jewelry and has also continued on to grad school which is why she was living in Denver.
Ultimately the conjecture and insensitivity of this video is problematic. This is a missing persons case currently and needs to be regarded as such.
Whether foul play is involved or not she can not, should not and will not be presumed dead.
Again, her car was found on Paradise Cove Rd. and she was not last seen at 11pm, she was last in contact with family via her phone at 11pm. As things move forward we may reach out to this man or other to cover the case however at this time his information is only about 60 percent accurate, there's much in the time-line he doesn't know and he makes spurious statements regarding mental health and/or there being a killer involved. So please, unless a body is recovered lets continue to treat this a missing persons. Please like a share this page to help Missing Person - Jennifer Michelle Lorber
Agree. And I'd like to add for anyone who is not familiar with Malibu that Paradise Cove is a very popular local attraction and one of the most densely populated areas in Malibu. The neighborhood above the beach is ~hundred single level houses with barely a strip of grass between them. The restaurant/bar there is a casual, large very popular family-style eatery. While there are many places in Malibu that offer seclusion, Paradise Cove is not one of them. There are always people around walking dogs, taking pictures, hiking the beach and going in and out of the parking lot. From my perspective as a local, everything Jennifer was reported doing in Malibu seems very normal, safe and typical of what I expect most do when they visit. There aren't as many options as people think in Malibu. We only have two full size grocery stores and one CVS in a 25 mile stretch if that gives some perspective. Its a small town where everything closes down early. It gives me hope that she was last seen in the Paradise Cove area because I think someone there had to have noticed her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back