VERDICT WATCH Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've crossed the border dozens of times with DL only. This is the most current info I could find.
"U.S. citizens and permanent residents traveling to Canada by air are required by U.S. law to present a passport for entry into Canada and will need to present their passport again when returning to the U.S.

For those traveling by land or water, you will need a passport, passport card, NEXUS card, Enhanced Drivers License, or another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative-compliant document to enter Canada, and will need to show these documents again to return to the U.S."3

What You Need to Know About Visiting Canada From the U.S.
The EDL's required to replace a passport were not issued until after 2011. California only started issuing them months ago.

BBM: ...taken out to the (around Victorville) desert , which just so happens to be Chase Merritt's stomping grounds; which just happens to be close in proximity to his ping information; which just happens to be where he mentioned to someone that's where he'd bury a body, should he have one to bury; which just happens to be where he spends quite a bit of time digging holes; which just happens to be where he creeped out the fellow miner, who hastily fled and called police.....

ITA! Plus if one makes the assumption it was someone else. Who would even remotely want to pack up the bodies and drive them straight away into CM's backyard? I mean, seriously!

The vertical distance between the reflection and the headlight seen on the surveillance video is much closer than the distance between the electrical box and the headlight seen on the photo of the truck.
The box is exactly where is would be on Merritt's bumper, right beneath the corner of the headlight. It's Merritt's truck.

I've crossed the border dozens of times with DL only. This is the most current info I could find.
"U.S. citizens and permanent residents traveling to Canada by air are required by U.S. law to present a passport for entry into Canada and will need to present their passport again when returning to the U.S.

For those traveling by land or water, you will need a passport, passport card, NEXUS card, Enhanced Drivers License, or another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative-compliant document to enter Canada, and will need to show these documents again to return to the U.S."

What You Need to Know About Visiting Canada From the U.S.

Back in 2015 this is what was posted on Matthew Schneider's and Joaquin Quintero's Baja Winery page in relation to needing passports. If this was happening in 2015, it was probably happening in 2010. IMO

Do I need a passport to go to Mexico?

Historically, going into Mexico has not required a passport. However, recent law now states that a passport is required to get back into the United States! Despite this, the fact of the matter is that many U.S. citizens still cross the border day in and day out without a passport--we've personally seen friends walk across with nothing more than a California I.D. We strongly recommend having a passport, but if you don't and are a U.S. citizen, you are still welcome on our tours. Please bring both an official government-issued I.D. and your birth certificate, and keep in mind that the U.S. border patrol may give you a hard time fully verifying your identity on the way back into the country.

Frequently Asked Questions

@missingm They’re only objections when the prosecution makes them. When the prosecution makes them, they’re desperate attempts to hide the truth. When the defense makes them, they’re righteous indignation at the prosecution’s unfair tactics.

(*sarcasm alert*)

Back in 2015 this is what was posted on Matthew Schneider's and Joaquin Quintero's Baja Winery page in relation to needing passports. If this was happening in 2015, it was probably happening in 2010. IMO

Do I need a passport to go to Mexico?

Historically, going into Mexico has not required a passport. However, recent law now states that a passport is required to get back into the United States! Despite this, the fact of the matter is that many U.S. citizens still cross the border day in and day out without a passport--we've personally seen friends walk across with nothing more than a California I.D. We strongly recommend having a passport, but if you don't and are a U.S. citizen, you are still welcome on our tours. Please bring both an official government-issued I.D. and your birth certificate, and keep in mind that the U.S. border patrol may give you a hard time fully verifying your identity on the way back into the country.

Frequently Asked Questions

My sister walks across all the time to Mexico with her DL only, and my mom has a special card that I think is only valid for Mexico and Canada. But this is Mexico...dunno about Canada.

wow- she blew me away- when the photograph of the family came up I just lost it
When she said they are telling you from the grave----- very powerful. I hope there will be justice for this family.
I remember when the news flashed that bodies had been found. Like most of us who followed this case from the beginning, I instinctively felt it would be them. When it was announced during the live press conference, I actually shed tears over a family I didn't know, had never met and never would. I had read every shred of evidence or supposition, wondered if they were happily in Belize, suspected DK, threw shade at RB, watched their home videos, and in that process felt that I had come to know them a little over those nearly four years of absence.

And yes, hopefully, those poor souls and their families will find that the scales of justice tip their way.

I don’t she has decided to side with evil.

I know it’s her dad but when you commit such barbaric acts then you should ask yourself some home truths about the man that is your father.

I will never understand wife’s, girlfriends or children that can look the truth in the face and still deny it.

How many coincidences can Chase have before you say hold on a moment here something doesn’t add up?

Even his own girlfriend said he was completely selfish and only cared about himself. So hardly Father of the year material.

IMO

I am so with you: As I said before, I see too many cases where the husband murdered the wife and the kids stick by daddy (Dirk Grenider) (sp) was one case that immediately comes to mind)- It irks the hell out of me to see kids completely forget their deceased mother and say, oh my daddy would never do that, when all of the evidence showed he did. I need a barf icon!!!!

Yea, I am watching her now for the first time and something that people in college need to consider if they are thinking about being courtroom laywers is to really think long and hard if they are going to be a good public speaker and if they will like that part of the job.

Public speaking and presentations are a big part of being a courtroom laywer arguing a case. And its the audience reaction to their presentation skills which is very important.
Some laywers may be great lawyers but their presentation skills may not be well received.

With that said and with this being the first time I have watched her, I am being put off by her style. She is coming across as angry and basically shouting/screaming. I am getting a negative reaction to her style. And that does affect how I think about the case because even without thinking of any evidence I am starting to feel like I dont believe some of what she is saying. And there is no basis to think that other than her style which is not being received well by me.

JMO of course.

I thought she was brilliant. Straight and to the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member