VERDICT WATCH Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL

And each state here can have slightly different ways of doing things.

During the Jodi Arias trial in Arizona I was shocked when the jury themselves got to ask the witnesses questions during the trial.

If I remember that trial correctly, then after each witness got up on the stand and after the defense and Prosecution was done with that witness, then the jury got permission to submit written questions to the witness. And the witness was called back to the stand in front of the jury and the witness had to answer those questions. It was very interesting and a helpful addition that I had never seen in a trial before.

Yes it’s crazy that each state can have their own rules as well. I like the UK system better and it’s much easier to understand and doesn’t chop and change. It also must be a lot easier for lawyers and so forth that they don’t have to keep track of what’s happening in different states. Just a set bunch of rules for everybody.

IMO

LOL

And each state here can have slightly different ways of doing things.

During the Jodi Arias trial in Arizona I was shocked when the jury themselves got to ask the witnesses questions during the trial.

If I remember that trial correctly, then after each witness got up on the stand and after the defense and Prosecution was done with that witness, then the jury got permission to submit written questions to the witness. And the witness was called back to the stand in front of the jury and the witness had to answer those questions. It was very interesting and a helpful addition that I had never seen in a trial before.

That's correct. It's different, but it works,

Yea, I am watching her now for the first time and something that people in college need to consider if they are thinking about being courtroom laywers is to really think long and hard if they are going to be a good public speaker and if they will like that part of the job.

Public speaking and presentations are a big part of being a courtroom laywer arguing a case. And its the audience reaction to their presentation skills which is very important.
Some laywers may be great lawyers but their presentation skills may not be well received.

With that said and with this being the first time I have watched her, I am being put off by her style. She is coming across as angry and basically shouting/screaming. I am getting a negative reaction to her style. And that does affect how I think about the case because even without thinking of any evidence I am starting to feel like I dont believe some of what she is saying. And there is no basis to think that other than her style which is not being received well by me.

JMO of course.
It's interesting you would say that because the jury maintained eye contact with her at all times and hung on her every word.

where is the word 'or'?

To enter Canada, you’ll need:

• a Canadian immigrant visa (if this applies)
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence for each family member traveling with you
  • a valid passport or other travel document for each family member traveling with you
  • two copies each of:
    • a detailed list of all the personal or household items you’re bringing with you
    • a list of items that are arriving later and their money value
It's now in bold font. Do you see it yet?

I've crossed the border dozens of times with DL only. This is the most current info I could find.
"U.S. citizens and permanent residents traveling to Canada by air are required by U.S. law to present a passport for entry into Canada and will need to present their passport again when returning to the U.S.

For those traveling by land or water, you will need a passport, passport card, NEXUS card, Enhanced Drivers License, or another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative-compliant document to enter Canada, and will need to show these documents again to return to the U.S."

What You Need to Know About Visiting Canada From the U.S.
As of June 1, 2009, everyone coming to Canada by land or sea has been required to have a passport or equivalent travel document, which could include a passport card—a form of passport that only allows international travel between Mexico, the United States, and Canada by car, train, or boat.

As of June 1, 2009, everyone coming to Canada by land or sea has been required to have a passport or equivalent travel document, which could include a passport card—a form of passport that only allows international travel between Mexico, the United States, and Canada by car, train, or boat.
From the link you posted.

1. Enhanced Driver's License (EDL): EDLs indicate both citizenship and identity. Valid for entry into Canada by land or sea, though not valid for international air travel. As of January 2009, only available in Washington and New York states, but coming to Vermont. See individual state licensing departments for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993