VA - 12 Dead including shooter, VA Beach Municipal Center, 31 May 2019

All I can think of to say is that I could never understand what goes through people's minds to try to take as many people out with them as they can. Like, all of us go through anger. All of us go through disappointments. But there is just something so broken with somebody who wants to cause as much damage to everyone around them as possible (and usually to people they don't even know, nor were involved in the perceived slight).

Two patients just died in hospital, btw.

I wish we could come up with some way to prevent these things from happening. But I'm at a loss. So far, it doesn't seem like there were warning signs, though I suppose more information might be released later.

All I can think of to say is that I could never understand what goes through people's minds to try to take as many people out with them as they can. Like, all of us go through anger. All of us go through disappointments. But there is just something so broken with somebody who wants to cause as much damage to everyone around them as possible (and usually to people they don't even know, nor were involved in the perceived slight).

Two patients just died in hospital, btw.

Dear FleurQualia,

I don't believe that any of us will ever truly understand this.

This is only my opinion.

Last edited:
I am thinking of the police officers who responded as well as the emergency services medical staff.

No person, whatever their profession and training could ever be prepared to experience and witness what they did. This is only my opinion.

I have no doubt that they will be provided with trauma counselling right away. Sending positive thoughts towards the courageous first responders.

My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

May the loved ones hold one another close during this unfathomable time.

I am thinking of the police officers who responded as well as the emergency services medical staff.

No person, whatever their profession and training could ever be prepared to experience and witness what they did. This is only my opinion.

I have no doubt that they will be provided with trauma counselling right away. Sending positive thoughts towards the courageous first responders.

My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

May the loved ones hold one another close during this unfathomable time.
Yes, indeed.

The impression I am getting of the place is that they are pulling together.

jmo

I have lived in Virginia Beach my entire life... and today was horrific, but I am so proud of our city tonight...

the governor, the mayor, the police chief... all showed the utmost concern for the families - not only today but in the coming weeks... very thoughtful. Then the police chief said he will name the suspect once. That’s it. Then he will be referred to as the suspect. And we will focus on supporting the families.
1f495.png

The police chief also said that there was a lengthy gunfire exchange between the suspect and four police officers... and he said twice, that after the suspect went down the officers performed First aid on the suspect... yes... because “that’s what cops do.”

I will be praying for the families, victims and all of the people who responded to this senseless crime.

I have lived in Virginia Beach my entire life... and today was horrific, but I am so proud of our city tonight...

the governor, the mayor, the police chief... all showed the utmost concern for the families - not only today but in the coming weeks... very thoughtful. Then the police chief said he will name the suspect once. That’s it. Then he will be referred to as the suspect. And we will focus on supporting the families.
1f495.png

The police chief also said that there was a lengthy gunfire exchange between the suspect and four police officers... and he said twice, that after the suspect went down the officers performed First aid on the suspect... yes... because “that’s what cops do.”

I will be praying for the families, victims and all of the people who responded to this senseless crime.
Your screen name is certainly meaningful in light of all this. So sorry this happened to a place you know and love.

1f495.png

My husband is in the Navy and stationed in Virginia Beach. I had not heard from him in hours and was getting worried. Thank God he is safe. My heart goes out to all those affected by this horrific crime.

Dear FleurQualia,

I don't believe that any of us will ever truly understand this.

This is only my opinion.
You want to know why? It’s not rational to us.
It’s not rational to carry in 20 plus suitcases of weapons and ammo to shoot concert goers.
It’s not rational to shoot up an elementary school after killing your mom.
It’s not rational to open fire in a place of warship.
Or a movie theatre. Or a workplace. Or a college campus.
But, it made perfectly good sense to them at the time.
We are rational beings trying to put logic and reason into irrational acts.

It’s not rational to carry in 20 plus suitcases of weapons and ammo to shoot concert goers.

Dear Tssiemer,

Well stated!

This is exactly why I agree we will never understand.

Last edited:
Just a few miles from me. But because I did not have the TV or computer on I didn't hear about it till about 30 minutes ago. A lot of rumors such as he was a grad of Old Dominion Univ. and had been fired, but I suppose we won't know much till tomorrow.

Yes and pure EVIL with no soul

12 dead, 4 injured after Virginia Beach shooting - live updates
What we know so far:

• At least 12 people are dead after a city employee went on a shooting rampage inside a municipal building in Virginia Beach. Four others were hospitalized with injuries.
  • The gunman was identified as Dwayne Craddock, a longtime public utilities employee employee. Craddock was killed in a shootout with police.
  • The victims were found on three floors of the municipal building and one victim was found shot in car outside building.
  • Police are holding a press conference at 8 a.m. ET. You can watch live in the player above.
Armed with a .45-caliber handgun, a disgruntled city employee opened fire inside a municipal building Friday in Virginia Beach, killing 12 and wounding four others, authorities said. The gunman, later identified as Craddock, died after a long gun fight with police.

Rbbm.
DeWayne Craddock: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
"Here are the deceased victims names. They are of all ages, all ethnicities, and genders.

“I have worked with most of them for many years,” said Dave Hansen, Virginia Beach City Manager. “We want you to know who they were so in the weeks to come you will learn what they meant to all of us, to their friends, to their families, and to their co-workers. They leave a void that we will never be able to fill.”

Laquita C. Brown worked in public works for 4.5 years, as a right of way agent. She was from Chesapeake.

Tara Welch Gallagher worked in public works for 6 years, and was an engineer from Virginia Beach.

Mary Louise Gayle had 24 years in public works as a right-of-way agent and was from Virginia Beach.

Alexander Mikhail Gusev spent 9 years in public works as a right of way agent and was from Virginia Beach.

Katherine A. Nixon, spent 10 years in public utilities as an engineer and was from Virginia Beach.

Richard H. Nettleton spent 28 years in public utilities as an engineer and was from Norfolk. He also served in an engineer brigade in Germany.

Christopher Kelly Rapp had 11 months in the job as an engineer in public works and was from Powhatan.

Ryan Keith Cox spent 12.5 years in public utilities as an account clerk and was from Virginia Beach.

Joshua A. Hardy worked in public utilities for 4.5 years as an engineering technician and was from Virginia Beach.

Michelle Missy Langer worked in public utilities for 12 years as an administrative assistant and was from Virginia Beach.

Robert Bobby Williams worked in public utilities for 41 years as a special projects coordinator and was from Chesapeake.

Herbert Bert Snelling was a contractor from Virginia Beach. He was there to try to fill a permit.

“This is the most devastating day in the history of Virginia Beach,” said Mayor Bobby Dyer. “The people involved are our friends, co-workers, neighbors, colleagues.”

In addition to the 12 people who died, four other people are in surgery for their wounds. The wounded police officer is expected to survive and was saved by his vest, said Police Chief James A. Cervera, calling the mass tragedy a “devastating incident…that is going to change the lives of a number of families from our city.” One victim was found in a vehicle, and victims were discovered on all three floors, the chief said."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back