Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If, according to your previous post, the two witnesses Mike and Mitchley could be talking about weather during the testimony break, it's also possible Wallace asked for interview about the weather, or climate change.
Mike and Mitchley are allowed to talk about the weather. Wallace is not allowed to talk to a juror about the weather or any other subject. And we have the 2 jurors who said that Wallace approached them for an interview.

I hope the Judge follows through with some sort of penalty for the member of the defense team or members....any one involved. Too many times people are let off with a slap and the same thing happens again. If a penalty is enforced then there may be less people trying to get away with breaking rules and laws....but I forgot this is the age of being nice and gentle and forgiving....and never mind I will go back to reading. Sorry.

Mike and Mitchley are allowed to talk about the weather. Wallace is not allowed to talk to a juror about the weather or any other subject. And we have the 2 jurors who said that Wallace approached them for an interview.
Maybe Mr. Rudin could tell us the probability of Mike and Mitchley talking about the weather in front of the juror before he testified.

All the theories, all the chatter, all the doubt about what happened to this family was aired out at the beginning. All those doubts just dont disappear. If you genuinely feel CM is the only one capable and responsible for murdering the McStay family around the time they disappeared then its guilty.

Right—there were a lot of wild speculations during the first three years. A lot of those theories and doubts became meaningless, once the family was found. And if the jury members are honest well-meaning people, those wild and evidence-free speculations will be things that they never even heard, and will mean nothing to them.

I would have demanded affidavits by the end of day. Thursday is ridiculous. And I would have jailed Wallace at the courthouse for the day as well.
What's crazy is you know the affidavits will be chock full of lies. McGee & Maline are going to claim they never instructed Wallace to do this or had any knowledge he was going to. It's just a waste of time.

It's just not as cut and dry as everybody makes it out to be. It isnt that simple. Theres a reason why things were handled the way they were by LE and many other professionals in the beginning stages of this entire case. This case involves many shady characters and many shady things.

CM stole money so CM murdered everybody in his path. It's just not that simple especially with all the b.s. that happened regarding this case.
Do tell.

Right—there were a lot of wild speculations during the first three years. A lot of those theories and doubts became meaningless, once the family was found. .
rsbm

Some old theories such as they went to Mexico and began a new life became meaningless, but new theories sure came out of the discovery of the remains.

Maybe Mr. Rudin could tell us the probability of Mike and Mitchley talking about the weather in front of the juror before he testified.
For what purpose? That happened a while ago and was already dealt with. The prosecutor brought the issue before the judge.

Wallace, a member of the defense team, was caught approaching jurors for an interview and was reported by the jurors.

Your excuse of the interview being about anything other than the trial is implausible. Wallace hasn't even tried that excuse, not that it would even matter.

You cant have it both ways. You cant just pick and choose what fits your narrative. CM didnt report Joseph missing for a while. He is guilty. Well, nobody did.

It appears CM is guilty but deep down it's all just circumstantial which can be enough to convict.

What's crazy is you know the affidavits will be chock full of lies. McGee & Maline are going to claim they never instructed Wallace to do this or had any knowledge he was going to. It's just a waste of time.
At the very least I hope it will make every judge question the integrity of Maline and McGee any time the deceitful duo are in their courtroom.

He didn't approach the juror. Mr. Wallace approached the juror, deliberately and asked them for an interview. Whether the subject matter was the weather is moot. Mr. Wallace was not banned for the content (whatever it was). He was clearly kicked out for approaching a juror. How can you even possibly compare the apples to the oranges, like you are trying to do? Did the juror approach Mitchley and Mike? No. Did Mitchley and Mike approach the juror? No.

Wallace told Smith he approached the two “at the end of the proceedings… I mentioned to them that when the trial was over we would like to extend a voluntary invitation to talk with us. I understood that things weren’t concluded,” Wallace told the judge.

“That’s still improper contact with a juror. And that’s really serious,” Smith said.

The judge said consequences could include being charged with jury tampering, or if a mistrial is declared because of the incident, Wallace could be responsible for all the costs of the trial, “and that’s, I’m guessing, hundreds of thousands of dollars,” Smith said.

The judge said Monday he was contemplating at least a contempt charge against Wallace for his actions. Written statements about the matter are due to Smith on Thursday. Smith did order Wallace to stay away from the downtown San Bernardino Justice Center courthouse for the rest of the trial.

Defense attorney James McGee confirmed to Smith that Wallace “is a member of the defense team,” saying his roles included assisting in the preparation of the trial and acting as a media liaison.

“In some respects, that makes it even more serious,” Smith said, adding that members of the defense team can be held to same standards as the attorneys.

McStay case: Judge bars defense team member tied to film crew from courthouse for approaching jurors – Press Enterprise

These jurors also need to be applauded for speaking up. Reminds me of Sara Stern (NJ) trial earlier this year when juror was dismissed during deliberations, and gave a media interview the following day --when deliberations were still in process.

Nonetheless -- defense attorney Wallace knows better.

Wallace told Smith he approached the two “at the end of the proceedings… I mentioned to them that when the trial was over we would like to extend a voluntary invitation to talk with us. I understood that things weren’t concluded,” Wallace told the judge.

“That’s still improper contact with a juror. And that’s really serious,” Smith said.

The judge said consequences could include being charged with jury tampering, or if a mistrial is declared because of the incident, Wallace could be responsible for all the costs of the trial, “and that’s, I’m guessing, hundreds of thousands of dollars,” Smith said.

The judge said Monday he was contemplating at least a contempt charge against Wallace for his actions. Written statements about the matter are due to Smith on Thursday. Smith did order Wallace to stay away from the downtown San Bernardino Justice Center courthouse for the rest of the trial.

Defense attorney James McGee confirmed to Smith that Wallace “is a member of the defense team,” saying his roles included assisting in the preparation of the trial and acting as a media liaison.

“In some respects, that makes it even more serious,” Smith said, adding that members of the defense team can be held to same standards as the attorneys.

McStay case: Judge bars defense team member tied to film crew from courthouse for approaching jurors – Press Enterprise

These jurors also need to be applauded for speaking up. Reminds me of Sara Stern (NJ) trial earlier this year when juror was dismissed during deliberations, and gave a media interview the following day --when deliberations were still in process.

Respectfully, Wallace isn't an attorney. He's a media guy that was added to the defense team.

I guess we can safely eliminate the "climate change / weather" theory. :p

And confirmed that he is still part of the DT. How the whole bunch of them aren't being interrogated right now is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes