Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
perhaps Wallace was hoping for a mistrial
Perhaps it was hinted to him by Maline/McGee that him approaching the jurors could cause a mistrial. The attorneys are well aware of the fact they are held to a much higher standard than some media consultant, or whatever he is. Attorneys can face serious consequences up to and including disbarment should they be found guilty of witness tampering. What does the media guy have to lose?

Who are the "shady characters" and "shady things" that were relevant to the case?

What is the "B.S." that you're referring to?

Keep in mind the jury can only take in to account the evidence that was presented during the trial. They won't know about the peripheral stuff that we've been privy to.

I'm truly lost to understand what Brad means.

I've followed this trial from beginning to end where we are right now.

I saw no shady characters in this trial other than the shady unethical defense lawyers, and those connected as a part of their team.

They seem to be exactly like the shadiest character of all in this entire trial which has consistently been Charles Merritt throughout.

Imo

Last edited:
He didn't approach the juror. Mr. Wallace approached the juror, deliberately and asked them for an interview. Whether the subject matter was the weather is moot. Mr. Wallace was not banned for the content (whatever it was). He was clearly kicked out for approaching a juror. How can you even possibly compare the apples to the oranges, like you are trying to do? Did the juror approach Mitchley and Mike? No. Did Mitchley and Mike approach the juror? No.
They were speaking in front of the jurors, which violated the rules.

For what purpose? That happened a while ago and was already dealt with. The prosecutor brought the issue before the judge.

Wallace, a member of the defense team, was caught approaching jurors for an interview and was reported by the jurors.

Your excuse of the interview being about anything other than the trial is implausible. Wallace hasn't even tried that excuse, not that it would even matter.
It was a relevant reply. I'll leave it at that.

Filming should have never been allowed. DK should have been present at this trial. Not for just himself but for the innocent children. He is just one shady character. I believe there are a lot more.

I’ve said it before I’ll say it again. This trial has been a huge insult to the Mcstay family. Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joey jr deserved a no nonsense trial at the least. It’s like some of them have forgotten that 4 members of one family had their heads bashed in and were left buried in the desert for the best part of 4 years imo. They deserve respect and a dignified trial. They’re grasping at straws now wanting a mistrial, but all it’s doing is reminding us that ‘thou doth protest too much’.

What's crazy is you know the affidavits will be chock full of lies. McGee & Maline are going to claim they never instructed Wallace to do this or had any knowledge he was going to. It's just a waste of time.

That could be totally true. It's entirely possible they didn't instruct him to do this. Or it's possible they instructed him to approach the jury after everything had concluded.

Attorney's would have meant after the verdict and sentencing. Media guy may have thought they meant once jury was sent to deliberate, he could approach the alternates.

I don't think anyone thought that it would be made such a big deal of. I don't think there is any proof it was intentional or willful or was meant to cause a mistrial or injustice at all.

Thanks geevee., Let us hope jury can put in a productive 6 or 7 hours today.

Let's hope the jury is more productive than everyone else in that courtroom.

Joseph Mateo Martelli “Joey” McStay

2cekavp.jpg

Summer Aranda McStay

e5h6is.jpg

Gianni Giuseppe Martelli McStay

14e3wcg.jpg

Joseph Mateo Martelli McStay, Jr

9zyc92.jpg

The McStay Family

34xgsb5.jpg

Joseph Mateo Martelli “Joey” McStay (1969-2010) -...

If, according to your previous post, the two witnesses Mike and Mitchley could be talking about weather during the testimony break, it's also possible Wallace asked for interview about the weather, or climate change.
Yes, Occam's razor says that most likely he wanted to discuss the weather. Absolutely.

I’ve said it before I’ll say it again. This trial has been a huge insult to the Mcstay family. Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joey jr deserved a no nonsense trial at the least. It’s like some of them have forgotten that 4 members of one family had their heads bashed in and were left buried in the desert for the best part of 4 years imo. They deserve respect and a dignified trial. They’re grasping at straws now wanting a mistrial, but all it’s doing is reminding us that ‘thou doth protest too much’.

It's unbelievable how many times and how carelessly the prosecutors laughed during the trial, and even the judge didn't remember the youngest victim's name. It's only from the defense team's faces that one could see this was a murder trial.

I wonder when us California taxpayers started the funding of media advisers working for indigent criminal defendants? Since when did having a media adviser become a constitutional right?

Probably about the same time jury consultants became all the rage. When I heard they were even allowed in the OJ trial I was just appalled and flabbergasted at the attempt to manipulate an outcome.

If, according to your previous post, the two witnesses Mike and Mitchley could be talking about weather during the testimony break, it's also possible Wallace asked for interview about the weather, or climate change.
Is the documentary about climate change? I thought it was about this murder trial?

All the theories, all the chatter, all the doubt about what happened to this family was aired out at the beginning. All those doubts just dont disappear. If you genuinely feel CM is the only one capable and responsible for murdering the McStay family around the time they disappeared then its guilty.

I am really confused as to why you think theories matter?

What does any past theories, rumors or gossip have to do with this trial or the evidence presented in it pointing to only Charles Merritt?

All I can see about any past theories is perhaps those who had or have them may want their own biases confirmed regardless of overwhelming evidence against CM only that was entered from the witness stand.

You mean theories like the majority had for over 6 years, 24/7 falsely accusing Sergio Celis of murdering his beautiful little daughter, Isabelle Celis?

When in truth he was totally 100% innocent, and the real abductor, pedophile rapist, and murderer turned out to be a total stranger who had also done the same to Maribelle Gonzalez after Clements murdered little Isa?

When did any outsider's theories, rumors, and gossip become evidence of anything in a court of law?

Imo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members