WV WV - John DeMarino, 53, vehicle recovered in Ohio, Roane County, 30 Jan 2019

I don't recall John's height but he looked above average height and was all-state and played college basketball so might not be him just do to the height.Edit 6-3 is his height

I wonder when we will know if it’s John? Sad.

Follow the UID thread to know when the remains are identified. I also suggest if anyone feels strongly this could be John-- send the info to the WV police. I think the height might not be right to be John, but they didn't give a measured height yet-- just said the UID appeared to be "average height". MOO.

Follow the UID thread to know when the remains are identified. I also suggest if anyone feels strongly this could be John-- send the info to the WV police. I think the height might not be right to be John, but they didn't give a measured height yet-- just said the UID appeared to be "average height". MOO.
Thanks for posting those possibilities.

The LE agency that is handling this missing case in the Spencer Police Department. They only have PR posts on their FB page: Spencer Police Department . I'm only including the link to document the total lack of information. The Roane County Sheriff's Department has a post regarding John being missing, but in the replies to a comment with a question, the RCSD replied that they are not handling the case, and that they have posted all the info that was supplied by the Spencer PD. The RCSD also stated that the WVSP, who are assisting the Spencer PD, processed the vehicle found in Ohio. Here is the link to the Roane County Sheriff's Department FB page post about John:

Roane County WV Sheriff's Department

This is the response the Roane County WV Sheriff's Department gave to a question asking for more info:

"Roane County WV Sheriff's Department . . . [removed the person's name that they were responding to]

I posted all that I have at this time. We posted this as assistance to the SPENCER POLICE and the WV STATE POLICE. The Spencer PD, as I understand it, has taken the missing person report. I assume this is due to Mr. DeMarino being a resident in their jurisdiction. As I understand it, the WVSP are working the vehicle taken and recovery.

To my knowledge, the particulars that you are asking for, have not been provided to our Dept. as of yet. If I get this info, I will post whatever is provided.

Our Dept. will actively look for Mr. DeMarino, as best we can in our area, and assist in any way we can, but this is not our active investigation. At this point, the most recent known activity is in OH.

The Spencer PD is a totally separate Dept. from us, and I do not have access to all of their info.. I will post anything that is provided.

The most recent and accurate info can probably be obtained from the Spencer P D."

I hope this I didn't make this more confusing than it is. BTW, Spencer, WV is located in Roane County, WV according to google:

what county is spencer wv in - Google Search

I was through Spencer the other day and have been there lots of times.I really doubt their police dept would be equipped to handle something covering so much area.The WV state police usually get involved in small town cases right away here in Roane,Wirt,Calhoun Counties.With his father being a former State police officer I figured it would be a given.What is interesting no mention of wife and kids.

I was through Spencer the other day and have been there lots of times.I really doubt their police dept would be equipped to handle something covering so much area.The WV state police usually get involved in small town cases right away here in Roane,Wirt,Calhoun Counties.With his father being a former State police officer I figured it would be a given.What is interesting no mention of wife and kids.
From the Roane County WV Sheriff's Office FB page post (Roane County WV Sheriff's Department), there was a woman (KRD), with the same last name as John, commenting with detailed information about his description, and about where his vehicle was found. She may be his (ex) wife with 2 nearly adult children, but as she has not been named by MSM, I can't research her. I'm surprised that his family has not contacted the media to get more exposure for this case, especially his mother, whose car he had been driving.

Does this whole incident stay Spencer Police Departments case since the car theft took place there?The last sight of John was in Parkersburg WV.Then the car was found in Ohio.

From the Roane County WV Sheriff's Office FB page post (Roane County WV Sheriff's Department), there was a woman (KRD), with the same last name as John, commenting with detailed information about his description, and about where his vehicle was found. She may be his (ex) wife with 2 nearly adult children, but as she has not been named by MSM, I can't research her. I'm surprised that his family has not contacted the media to get more exposure for this case, especially his mother, whose car he had been driving.
I'm looking into this case now and have the story from his wife.Can I share it or be confirmed insider or does she need to join websleuths?

I'm looking into this case now and have the story from his wife.Can I share it or be confirmed insider or does she need to join websleuths?
You can not share the story if you are not verified, depending on your relationship to the family or souce of information, it will be checked if you qualify.

Please follow the process as described here, starting with submitting a mail with your request:
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Thanks in advance!

A lot of miles and a lot of possibilities!
  • Went missing in WV
  • Car found in OH
  • Unidentified body found in NC
  • Possible body unconfirmed in OH

Thank you for finding both of these news articles. I am so surprised that it has been over one year since John's disappearance. I thought this quote from the 2nd article was interesting:

"John Daniel DeMarino, 51 at the time of his disappearance, was last seen on Jan. 30, 2019, at Uncle Mike’s Bar on Seventh Street. Since then, he has had no contact with his family, friends or his two children, ex-wife Karen DeMarino said."

. . .

"Foul play has not been ruled out, Cole said. Perhaps the car was driven to Conneaut and abandoned as a ruse to take the attention away from something happening in Parkersburg, the sheriff said.

Rarely, with today’s technology, does someone disappear without leaving a trace, said Cole, citing 31 years experience with missing persons. For example, they make a cell phone call, he said.

However, the last such contact on DeMarino was a cell phone ping on the day of his disappearance from a tower near Elizabeth on a call originating from his phone, Cole said. After that, no activity."

Important info:

• John has an ex-wife, and has 2 adult children (who were also named later in this article).
  • The last place John was seen was Uncle Mikes's Bar.
  • The last ping from John's phone was from an outgoing call, pinging on a tower near Elizabeth, WV.
Pictures of John's tatoos, also from the 2nd news article:

upload_2020-2-15_5-15-22.png

upload_2020-2-15_5-16-6.png

Elizabeth is where I live and he would have driven through there to get to Uncle Mike's.Absolutely nothing at all no sightings or anything after the trip to the bathroom.The car was found in clean as can be and wasn't even processed for a potential crime.It was towed back to his mother's house and she sold it.She recently passed away not knowing what became of her son.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back