WV WV - John DeMarino, 53, vehicle recovered in Ohio, Roane County, 30 Jan 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 11, 2019.

1. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Roane County WV Sheriff's Department

*** ASSISTANCE NEEDED ***

The SPENCER POLICE DEPT. is working a missing person's case, concerning John DeMarino.

John DeMarino, age 53, has been missing since January 30th. DeMarino took his mother's vehicle on January 30th, and has not returned. The vehicle he was driving was recovered in northern Ohio on Friday, February 8, 2019. Mr. DeMarino has not been located.

The WV STATE POLICE are working the case of the vehicle being taken, and the recovery.

If anyone has, or receives any info concerning the whereabouts of John DeMarino, please contact the SPENCER POLICE at 304-927-1640 or 304-927-5616, or contact your local 911 or law enforcement.

360F253C-ECC2-420C-AB26-7880DAFA0647.jpeg

Police Search for Missing Roane County Man

2. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

A little more info might inspire interest.
    Did he borrow the car, did he steal it?
    Is he on medications?
    Job?

3. johnbelt

johnbelt Well-Known Member

4. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

This article says police are investigating the car being taken which to me means he didn't "borrow" it. Police Search for Missing Roane County Man

5. johnbelt

Taken by him or someone else?He is referred to a Roane County Man I wonder when he moved back to WV and why ashe appears to have a family?

6. johnbelt

Also why no location of where the car was found or a description of the vehicle in case someone seen something.

7. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

I wish they’d tell us where the car was found in northern OH. Is it near an airport? At a Greyhound or Amtrak station? Did it look like someone else left it there...maybe a carjacking gone wrong or it was stolen? Were there personal items in the car...like he intended to go out of town? Was his wallet and/or ID in the car? The keys? This one has such little info, it’s hard to get a good read on what is going on. All jmo.

8. johnbelt

Two out of the three local news broadcast mentioned him but nothing new.It sounds like he took it without asking but the whole story is vague.I'm not sure he lived in Spencer or was visiting and really strange no hint of where the vehicle was located.

9. StarEyes

Idk why, but it seems we get very few details here in WV with missing persons. I’ve noticed it lately. It’s frustrating. Yes, all LE will hold back some details, but it seems WV barely tells us anything. That’s all JMO, of course.

wendybtn, dms, doodles1211 and 3 others like this.
  10. johnbelt

I can't find any facebook for him.I see he was an all state basketball player and he looks tall.I live about 20 miles from Spencer and today was the first I heard of him missing.

11. StarEyes

There’s still nothing new about John. There was a piece ran yesterday about it, but it was basically just the missing flyer. I’m not sure it’s msm, so I’m not posting the article. Where is John???

GarAndTeed, johnbelt and cybervampira like this.
  12. johnbelt

I'm still trying to determine if he lived in Spencer or still in Richmond VA.I found some notices where he ran through tolls in VA 2017 that is it.

StarEyes likes this.
  13. Mercedes

Mercedes Verified Expert

14. johnbelt

hurherald is a great website.the guy who runs it is just a few miles up the road and if there was anything known but not in media we wouldn't have trouble posting it.Pretty sure he isn't msm though but an honest man.

dms and StarEyes like this.
  15. StarEyes

I wish they’d release some more info about him. What frame of mind was he in? Had anything traumatic or upsetting happened in his life recently? Did he tell his Mom where he was going (even if it wasn’t the truth)? There’s so many missing variables. Is there a bus line that runs close to where the car was abandoned? A train? An airport? Are there cameras in the area around the abandoned car? If so, did it show if he was the one who left the car there? So many questions.

16. sleuth-99

sleuth-99 New Member

John had recently moved back to Spencer. He was living with his mom. He took the car without permission. A stolen vehicle report was filed, and then later a missing person report was filed. It is not known whether he was the one driving the car or not.
    He is 51.

MISSING
    JOHN DEMARINO
    SINCE: 1-30-2019
    HAIR: SHAVED BALD
    EYES: BROTHER
    HEIGHT: 6/3
    WEIGHT: 190

TATTOOS: ON ONE UPPER ARM (X111)
    ON THE OTHER ARM AN INFINITY SYMBOL.

CLOTHES: KHAKI COLORED PANTS, RED HOODIE UNDERNEATH A HUNTER GREEN JACKET, TAN WORK BOOTS AND A BLACK WOOL BEANIE HAT.

JOHN WAS LAST SEEN AT UNCLE MIKE'S BAR & GRILL IN PARKERSBURG WV.
    HE WAS DRIVING HIS MOTHER'S 2015 SILVER FORD ESCAPE SUV AND NEVER RETURNED.
    ON FRIDAY 2-8-2019 THE VEHICLE WAS FOUND ABANDONED IN CANNEAUT OHIO BUT JOHN WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.
    JOHN ALSO DID NOT HAVE A PHONE OR PASSPORT.

ANY ONE WTH ANY INFORMATION PLEASE CALL SPENCER CITY POLICE AT: 304-927-1640
    OR 304-927-5618
    CASE: #19-022

AND THERE IS ALWAYS 911.

2-11-2019 NEWS LINK BELOW:
    https://www.wowktv.com/…/police-search-for-missi…/1773422903

Attached Files:

17. johnbelt

I don't like this it sounds like he fell on some tough times he couldn't cope with.CANNEAUT ends ohio and Lake Erie begins.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  18. ADKGemini

ADKGemini Well-Known Member

19. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

20. StarEyes