OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he even gone missing before- as in, taking off for say, a week or so at a time? I had a cousin who would disappear for months, last time, two years before his body was found in an open field- he died apparently of cancer, to which he didn't know he had, according to his sisters (my cousins as well) and friends.

If Tyler has done this before, it could be why those close to him aren't reacting like they would if it was the first time. Have they checked homeless shelters in the area?

I think they did not go for video footage until many had been written over. I'm sure they thought he would cool off and return, or call if he left. I have ice cubes that are hotter than the movement in this case. So frustrating

Has he even gone missing before- as in, taking off for say, a week or so at a time? I had a cousin who would disappear for months, last time, two years before his body was found in an open field- he died apparently of cancer, to which he didn't know he had, according to his sisters (my cousins as well) and friends.

If Tyler has done this before, it could be why those close to him aren't reacting like they would if it was the first time. Have they checked homeless shelters in the area?

According to friends & family, no, Tyler has no record of just taking off. He also has a young son w/ Brittney he is very very involved in parenting & knows they depend on him financially.

According to Brainscratch video, and the map which was taken from the search groups FB page, the area covered in the search was relatively small. I’m not sure how up to date that report is, but hopefully someone has decided to expand the area of the search, as many missing persons are found outside original search zones.

There's been no real info released recently as far as what areas are being searched though WCBYH has been doing regular searches there apparently (some announced and some NOT which I find interesting). The was discussion in the FB group a while back about the path Tyler took according to his google timeline not being complete or entirely accurate and that they now believe he was headed up toward Hampton by Hilton. I would hope they expanded the search area to cover that at least.

According to friends & family, no, Tyler has no record of just taking off. He also has a young son w/ Brittney he is very very involved in parenting & knows they depend on him financially.

Well according to the friend Tyler did have a habit of walking off in a mood when drunk but he always came back, until now.

Has anyone heard anymore about the body found in the Industrial Park near the airport last week?
I have looked for news, but there hasn't been any. If it were TD, there would probably be news by now. That's a tough part of town. I think the body was probably a homeless person looking for shelter from the weather. Homeless people would not tend to have ID on them, so they are working on identifying the corpse still. And TD had a huge birthmark on his back and shoulder. They would have easily identified him by the birthmark. The body would have to be skeletonized by now for them to not have ruled out TD by now.

Zero information is right. We need someone .... Where is Mr. Monk ?
I can only think of two reasons this case has had zippo from the police...one being they tons of these cases and put this one on the back burner or they are slowly building there case for an arrest. The fact that his parents stay quiet make me think that a case is being built....

Zero information is right. We need someone .... Where is Mr. Monk ?
Where is LE?

They need to give some kind of statement that this case:

-is indeed suspicious and not someone disappearing by his own free will

-that there are strange aspects to this case

-if they have excluded BD and the friend they need to say that. Now a lot of people are speculating.

- they need to ask for witnesses, camera footage etc. And I have absolutely no clue why they are not. People by now have forgotten about what they might have witnessed, have forgotten about about this case, have never heard of it, or are no longer interested.

It's time for a big news channel to contact LE about what's going on and why the silence.

Where is LE?

- they need to ask for witnesses, camera footage etc. And I have absolutely no clue why they are not. People by now have forgotten about what they might have witnessed, have forgotten about about this case, have never heard of it, or are no longer interested.

This! ^ Exactly this!
It does sound like they went around collecting any footage, but I've not heard anything about conducting witness investigations...it seems like there are SO many people who might have possibly seen him, or seen something suspicious that night...starting with anyone who lives in that large condo complex he apparently walked through...anyone working or staying at the Hilton that night, or Abbot Labs, any security guards that would have been working those shifts...the people from the strip club, people who worked at or stayed at the other hotels that look like the Hilton (as he may have been confused and headed to the wrong one). This is a heavily populated area! There are people all around to ask. If this is not happening, why not?

It is indeed a very strange case, in which the public seems to have a much greater sense of urgency than the family, friends, LE, etc. Maybe that's not fair...they are conducting searches, etc, and going on the media, but there's always this sense of stalling or just waiting for him to fall out of the sky and not really questioning anything that frankly should be questioned very seriously, while the rest of us are scratching our heads so hard our hair is falling out.

ETA: I know LE (again, according to True Crime Garage) has been fighting w/ Verizon for the phone records, which it sounds like they think will shed some light on Tyler's phone activity after he last spoke to Brittany. Maybe they think that will be such a key piece of evidence it's worth holding out for?

Why would Verizon refuse to hand over records to LE in a missing person case?!

Why would Verizon refuse to hand over records to LE in a missing person case?!

To protect themselves from being sued, most likely. Police have to have a warrant. If the phone company just hands over an adult's phone records without police having a warrant their customers can later sue the phone company for privacy violation. One work around is if the phone belongs to a missing minor and is paid for by the parents the parents can often ask for the records and get them to give to the police. Sometimes if the phone is a joint account or family account the spouse has legal access to the records too, but not always. If Tyler always paid his own phone bill and his wife was not on it, then they might not allow her to access it. In another case I followed here an ex wife got arrested when she called the phone company of her missing ex husband and lied about who she was in an attempt to get his records (she impersonated a police officer). The ex-wife said she wanted the phone records to prove that he was not really missing. It turned out he was not only actually missing but had been murdered by a serial killer (Todd Kohlhepp) and his girlfriend had been held captive in a shipping container. It took the police in that case months to get a warrant for the phone records and track the missing couple's cellphones to Todd Kohlhepp's property. I was so surprised and upset at how long it took for them to get the phone records in that case. But it's apparently pretty common. Apparently, even when LE serves a warrant on the phone company it can take a month or more because the phone company lawyers might go back and forth filing court motions. The phone company is only doing their due diligence so that no one can later come back and sue them for not protecting their information. I agree it's frustrating when someone is missing, but it seems to be the way the laws work.
MOO.

I'm so torn on what I think happened in this case. I haven't seen very many people mention suicide but I lean towards either suicide or death by misadventure as my top theories. Many people seem to jump on inconsistent statements or the impressions that Tyler's wife and friend might be holding back info as an indication that foul play happened to Tyler that night. I've followed so many cases here that I see it differently. A lot of times if a missing person is mentally ill or has expressed suicidal thoughts in the past the family does not want to talk about that as a possibility. They just want their missing loved one found and sometimes, even if they know deep down suicide is a possibility, they are in denial about it. So their answers to some interview questions may seem evasive. This happened in the Paul Swenson case. His family and friends were actively searching for him while simultaneously hiding from the public that he had told friends he was "going to die" on the day he went missing and they also hid that he had also been struggling with mental illness for several months.

My other top theory is death by misadventure just because of what we know. We know Tyler, his wife and his friend had been out all night bar hopping and drinking. We know Tyler was drunk, "in a mood" and seemed confused at the time he disappeared. We know the outside temperatures were low enough that he could have died from hypothermia and he wasn't wearing a coat. Alcohol and cold weather are a dangerous combination because the person who has been drinking thinks they are warm enough. One of the symptoms of hypothermia is confusion. Tyler may not have even realized he was in danger from the cold. He might have wandered far beyond the search zone and then in his confusion mistaken another building for his hotel. In the case of "death by misadventure" I would explain the inconsistent statements or statements that seem to be holding back info as possibly being because they were doing something else illegal or semi-legal that night. Perhaps they also did some illegal drugs that contributed to Tyler being more wasted than he usually would be. Or maybe they were all just wasted from drinking and not remembering everything clearly and in hind sight perhaps they are embarrassed. Few people would want to admit that they were too drunk to stop their also drunk husband/friend from wandering off and disappearing. And from what they are saying about Tyler usually being a grumpy drunk person it might have been impossible to keep him from wandering off. He was a grown adult, after all, and usually he came back. Unfortunately, this one time he didn't return.

MOO.

I'm so torn on what I think happened in this case. I haven't seen very many people mention suicide but I lean towards either suicide or death by misadventure as my top theories. Many people seem to jump on inconsistent statements or the impressions that Tyler's wife and friend might be holding back info as an indication that foul play happened to Tyler that night. I've followed so many cases here that I see it differently. A lot of times if a missing person is mentally ill or has expressed suicidal thoughts in the past the family does not want to talk about that as a possibility. They just want their missing loved one found and sometimes, even if they know deep down suicide is a possibility, they are in denial about it. So their answers to some interview questions may seem evasive. This happened in the Paul Swenson case. His family and friends were actively searching for him while simultaneously hiding from the public that he had told friends he was "going to die" on the day he went missing and they also hid that he had also been struggling with mental illness for several months.

My other top theory is death by misadventure just because of what we know. We know Tyler, his wife and his friend had been out all night bar hopping and drinking. We know Tyler was drunk, "in a mood" and seemed confused at the time he disappeared. We know the outside temperatures were low enough that he could have died from hypothermia and he wasn't wearing a coat. Alcohol and cold weather are a dangerous combination because the person who has been drinking thinks they are warm enough. One of the symptoms of hypothermia is confusion. Tyler may not have even realized he was in danger from the cold. He might have wandered far beyond the search zone and then in his confusion mistaken another building for his hotel. In the case of "death by misadventure" I would explain the inconsistent statements or statements that seem to be holding back info as possibly being because they were doing something else illegal or semi-legal that night. Perhaps they also did some illegal drugs that contributed to Tyler being more wasted than he usually would be. Or maybe they were all just wasted from drinking and not remembering everything clearly and in hind sight perhaps they are embarrassed. Few people would want to admit that they were too drunk to stop their also drunk husband/friend from wandering off and disappearing. And from what they are saying about Tyler usually being a grumpy drunk person it might have been impossible to keep him from wandering off. He was a grown adult, after all, and usually he came back. Unfortunately, this one time he didn't return.

MOO.

Basically just came here to say "I concur!" but tend to lend to the "death by misadventure" idea. My only issue with it is "why has he not been found yet?" if that were it. Maybe the search areas are too small? The facebook page seems to be very active in organizing locals to look for him. The other side of me knows of the case of a local guy who went missing and I believe killed himself. He died under a tree on a VERY well passed through street. His body rolled a bit under a tree and it took the community over a week to find him. He was a block from his house, on a populated street. So, alas, I have a circular thought on this case.

I, personally, don't believe it was BD. I try to put myself in her shoes, especially because we're close in age. If someone asked me to recite a night out drinking with my fiance, I wouldn't be able to remember that much, especially if we were in another town. If I did, I worry that I wouldn't be able to tell the story the same exact way each time. I struggle with storytelling as it is when it isn't important! I think people want it to be BD because it's simple and logical and take her nervousness and, what I consider human tendency (ie: a desire to be liked), and overthink it and come to a conclusion.

At this point, I think we're looking for a body though, certainly. I just don't know any situation where Tyler wanders off in the cold with no coat, a nearly dead phone, and no known money (he had his cards, I know, but there's no usage on them) and is ok today.

Basically just came here to say "I concur!" but tend to lend to the "death by misadventure" idea. My only issue with it is "why has he not been found yet?" if that were it. Maybe the search areas are too small? The facebook page seems to be very active in organizing locals to look for him. The other side of me knows of the case of a local guy who went missing and I believe killed himself. He died under a tree on a VERY well passed through street. His body rolled a bit under a tree and it took the community over a week to find him. He was a block from his house, on a populated street. So, alas, I have a circular thought on this case.

I, personally, don't believe it was BD. I try to put myself in her shoes, especially because we're close in age. If someone asked me to recite a night out drinking with my fiance, I wouldn't be able to remember that much, especially if we were in another town. If I did, I worry that I wouldn't be able to tell the story the same exact way each time. I struggle with storytelling as it is when it isn't important! I think people want it to be BD because it's simple and logical and take her nervousness and, what I consider human tendency (ie: a desire to be liked), and overthink it and come to a conclusion.

At this point, I think we're looking for a body though, certainly. I just don't know any situation where Tyler wanders off in the cold with no coat, a nearly dead phone, and no known money (he had his cards, I know, but there's no usage on them) and is ok today.

I don't think it's suïcide. How would he have committed suïcide?

I don't think BD has anything to do with it either. I've heard her say multiple times that Tyler is a good provider. Look at where she is now. She could have divorced him if she wanted out of the marriage. And he would have had to pay. Now, there is no provider and he's not been found. And he's not been declared dead. I don't know how long that would take if he's not found.

I think it's either an accident, but why is he not found?

And therefore I think there's foul play involved. And the cases of Brian Schaffer and Joey LaBute are still in the back of my mind.

Here's what I believe:

1. someone knows something
2. he most likely got the out of there, whether on his own accord, or unwillingly. There seems to be no trace of him (though I do think they need to keep asking people from the local area, because...)
3. again, someone knows something.

I also believe that the majority of people who hear this story and think something's suspicious or "off" really says something.
That doesn't mean BD did something, and it doesn't mean the friend did something. It doesn't mean the parents did something, or the Uber driver, etc. It just means...something is off, most likely. We developed these senses over millennia to let us know when danger or threats were present.

I also believe that it's almost always a bad sign when the last interaction a missing person had with anyone is an argument or altercation of some kind. That one always makes my stomach drop. There's never a good outcome.

Here's what I believe:

1. someone knows something
2. he most likely got the **** out of there, whether on his own accord, or unwillingly. There seems to be no trace of him (though I do think they need to keep asking people from the local area, because...)
3. again, someone knows something.

I also believe that the majority of people who hear this story and think something's suspicious or "off" really says something.
That doesn't mean BD did something, and it doesn't mean the friend did something. It doesn't mean the parents did something, or the Uber driver, etc. It just means...something is off, most likely. We developed these senses over millennia to let us know when danger or threats were present.

I also believe that it's almost always a bad sign when the last interaction a missing person had with anyone is an argument or altercation of some kind. That one always makes my stomach drop. There's never a good outcome.

I'm not so sure someone knows something. If it's really foul play and he'll turn up dead, it might just be the killer who knows something. If someone knows something (if they observed something), they might not even be aware that they saw something that was significant. That's why LE needs to speak up.

What if someone saw a car parked in an abandoned space, someone driving slowly without it's lights on, a car speeding off, an argument in a secluded place.
Or someone hanging around, out of place, behaving strange or suspicious just things like that. Did anyone find blood anywhere, found a phone, clothing, just anything really. But it's probably too late for that kind of stuff to remember.

Last edited:
I follow literally hundreds of missing persons cases here. It is not at all unusual for someone who died by accident OR by their own hands to not be found for a very long time. Sometimes years. Sometimes volunteer searchers even walk right by the person because they are not trained on what to look for or how to search for human remains. Have there been any searches for Tyler by a trained search organization such as Texas Equusearch? Has his wife considered hiring a private investigator such as David Marshburn? Marshburn found a man in NC who was thought to have committed suicide-- 5 years after he had disappeared. The body was in a small patch of woods not far from the last sighting and only 40 feet from a middle school driveway, yet no one else had been able to find him. Read about the case of Drew Browne and how it was finally solved by Marshburn: Found Deceased - NC - Andrew 'Drew' Browne, 23, Raleigh, 24 May 2014
Nearly five years after their son went missing, an investigator found him where others could not

To protect themselves from being sued, most likely. Police have to have a warrant. If the phone company just hands over an adult's phone records without police having a warrant their customers can later sue the phone company for privacy violation. One work around is if the phone belongs to a missing minor and is paid for by the parents the parents can often ask for the records and get them to give to the police. Sometimes if the phone is a joint account or family account the spouse has legal access to the records too, but not always. If Tyler always paid his own phone bill and his wife was not on it, then they might not allow her to access it. In another case I followed here an ex wife got arrested when she called the phone company of her missing ex husband and lied about who she was in an attempt to get his records (she impersonated a police officer). The ex-wife said she wanted the phone records to prove that he was not really missing. It turned out he was not only actually missing but had been murdered by a serial killer (Todd Kohlhepp) and his girlfriend had been held captive in a shipping container. It took the police in that case months to get a warrant for the phone records and track the missing couple's cellphones to Todd Kohlhepp's property. I was so surprised and upset at how long it took for them to get the phone records in that case. But it's apparently pretty common. Apparently, even when LE serves a warrant on the phone company it can take a month or more because the phone company lawyers might go back and forth filing court motions. The phone company is only doing their due diligence so that no one can later come back and sue them for not protecting their information. I agree it's frustrating when someone is missing, but it seems to be the way the laws work.
MOO.

I assumed LE had a warrant since he is missing, correct? Also wouldn't his parents have a legal right to the info since he is on their account?
What scares me is that info could save someone's life in the first few hours but after three months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa