NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found conflicting information with regards to those 2 photos. While NMCEC claims photo could be from Dec 77 or 78, Timeline from DOJ states photos could be from Dec 78 or 79.

Quote from DOJ: - 1978 or 1979 December - A photo suggests Marie VAUGHN may have celebrated her 7th or 8th birthday with relatives in an unknown location.

https://www.doj.nh.gov/news/2019/documents/20190605-allenstown-timeline.pdf

Well, if latter (doj) is correct then that would make things interesting.

Question for everyone, how many candles do you see on that birthday cake?

61851057_2653380651356492_1314724355850108928_n.jpg
That's a trick question!!! I'm not trying to count more than ten times. lol

Questions I have now:

1. Who was watching the middle child while Terry went to Marlyse's family Thanksgiving? It's possible she was just left home alone (TR probably would have no qualms about doing that) but if she had nowhere else to be why not just bring her along so she can get a meal on someone else's dime? Was she with her mother? Was she with relatives of Terry's? Was she with a neighbor or friend? I think there were people out there who knew and loved this child and maybe some of them are still alive. Maybe not blood relatives.

2. Where did the birthday photo come from? If the birthday photo was taken in December of 1978, how did someone have it if no one saw her after Thanksgiving of that year? Perhaps someone in the family miscalculated when they last saw her; it would be an easy mistake to make after all these years and Marie's birthday was December 6, not long after Thanksgiving. Or another possible explanation that's jumping out at me is that Marlyse sent someone in her family (or one of her ex-husbands or a relative of theirs) a card or letter around Christmas time and the photos were included in that. Or maybe there were relatives at the birthday party (perhaps from Marie's father's side of the family) who took the photos and put them somewhere but that person is no longer with us?

I actually thought she and the taller girl on the right looked similar. If they are related, this can mean one of two things.

1) She is not the middle child and they are unconnected to the case.

2) She is the middle child and Rasmussen has more kids out there.

Or the taller girl is a half sibling and we are looking for a missing woman who had two kids and possibly another kid who is missing.

Somebody mentioned the small TV with antenna and wondered about cable.

We lived in southern NH in 1980-1995--my memory is that cable was quite rare in that part of the state (don't know about the rest). I don't think we had it until 1982. With Boston only 60 miles away and a good station (WMUR) in Manchester, it wasn't really needed.

Also, I'm pretty sure NH still doesn't have mandatory kindergarten. I know they didn't when our kids were that age.

I totally forgot about that... this would mean the kids and Marlyse were killed after Denise? This makes the case even more confusing. Unless he just told her about the “siblings” and she wasn’t actually ever with them.

Unless more Victims came along later.

Somebody mentioned the small TV with antenna and wondered about cable.

We lived in southern NH in 1980-1995--my memory is that cable was quite rare in that part of the state (don't know about the rest). I don't think we had it until 1982. With Boston only 60 miles away and a good station (WMUR) in Manchester, it wasn't really needed.

In suburban NJ we didn’t get cable until early 1990’s and we were only about 50 miles from NYC. Now I’m in rural NC and we still don’t have cable here. The tv with the antenna like that makes me think it could have been an apartment/trailer home/rental. Most houses had big a big tv antenna on the roof, so there was no need for one on top of the tv.

The way the room was decorated, seems like a young person, someone just starting out on their own. And, yes, that red glass thing is an oil lantern, not a bong as someone suggested. They were popular at the time.

I wish LE would tell us how where the pictures came from.

I got cable at my house in the early 2000s because my house is on the outskirts of town, but growing up I lived in a bigger city, so we got cable in the late 70s - my step dad worked for the cable company so we got it for free.

Amateur sleuth helped confirm identities of New Hampshire murder victims

For years, helping connect people to their missing loved ones had been a hobby of Heath's. Combined with her interest in the Rasmussen case, she got to work on trying to find potential matches for the victims in November 2017.

She scoured ancestry message boards for terms like "California," where Rasmussen had been arrested, or "missing sister" in hopes of finding a relative of the victims. Then she began compiling a list of names.

"I would just go through that list and then I would start searching to see if they had public records, if the person was alive, see if I could find any record for their existence," Heath said. "If not, then I would pursue it a little further and reach out to the person who had originally posted looking for the loved ones."

Heath said she found a posting from around 1999 about a relative looking for Sarah McWaters and her mother Marlyse McWaters. As she conducted further searches for Marlyse McWaters, Heath came across other relatives looking for the same woman. It turned out McWaters was also the mother of a girl named Marie Vaughn.

In a Facebook group about the Rasmussen case, Heath asked whether those missing people could be the victims found in Allenstown, but she didn't get much of a response. So, she dropped it.

About a year later, Heath, who lives in Connecticut, was listening to a New Hampshire Public Radio podcast about the Bear Brook murders when information about the victims reminded her again of the woman looking for Sarah McWaters on that ancestry message board.

"At that point I was like, I need to reach out to this woman," Heath said.

The listing contained an email address, so Heath said she tried to match the address to a Facebook profile. Heath reached out to one woman asking whether she was the same person who had made the ancestry posting.

Within minutes, Heath received a response. It was her.

Heath asked the relative if she had any more information about Sarah and Marlyse McWaters. The woman started sharing more details, including that Marlyse had married a man with the last name Rasmussen.

"Right there, my stomach jumped," Heath said. "It just rocked. I knew right away. There's no way that a woman goes missing with those children with a guy with that last name, Rasmussen. It's just way too coincidental."

Heath didn't say anything to the relative of Sarah McWaters about Rasmussen's criminal history just yet, but she said she began reaching out to relatives of Marie Vaughn. Vaughn's relatives told Heath that Vaughn's mother had left California with a man named Terry.

Within two hours, Heath said she was on the phone with law enforcement in San Bernardino, California. Those authorities quickly turned the information over to investigators in New Hampshire who were already examining DNA research based on information from the family of Marie Vaughn and other genetic databases.

Read more: Amateur sleuth helped confirm identities of New Hampshire murder victims

Ironically, most of those posts from Marlyse's family on ancestry appeared as screenshots on the Allenstown, Oakhill blog, I believe since 2013. I'm surprised they didn't pursue that lead (or perhaps they did and didn't get a reply.) The page was removed but I found a cached copy of it.

The living room looks sorta small and there is an antenna on the TV set. Did military housing not have cable ? But because of the small room it made me think of possibly military housing and if it was a 6 or 7 year old's party Marie would of been 6 or 7 in 1977 the same year that Sarah was born ? <shrug>
I was thinking military housing too, as the rooms are rather tiny and look somewhat prefrabricated.

I would also like to note I have been following this case since I was 16 and am now 26 and am so happy these three beautiful souls , Marlyse, Marie and Sarah have their names and family back. But am angry as hell that that monster Rasmussen willl not be able to answer questions for LE about the “middle child” Denise or the perhaps countless others he has murdered :(
I never thought this case would be solved even two years ago and I was bawling during the press release even though I already knew their names...Rest in power beautiful souls.

Mods, are we not supposed to discuss the posts about Marlyse & daughters in the public forum on ancestry dot com? TIA for clarifying.

I'm not a mod but I think we are not supposed to sleuth the victims' family members. Also, LE said in the presser that the family asked for privacy. I think we should honor that request by not posting their names and info here. MOO.

I'm not a mod but I think we are not supposed to sleuth the victims' family members. Also, LE said in the presser that the family asked for privacy. I think we should honor that request by not posting their names and info here. MOO.

I wouldn't post the family member's names, but they are in the forums, which both families shared willingly to the public, so if anyone wanted to know who they are, they can find them easily enough.

I was hoping we could discuss the content they put out there, not so much their names.

I was thinking military housing too, as the rooms are rather tiny and look somewhat prefrabricated.

I would also like to note I have been following this case since I was 16 and am now 26 and am so happy these three beautiful souls , Marlyse, Marie and Sarah have their names and family back. But am angry as hell that that monster Rasmussen willl not be able to answer questions for LE about the “middle child” Denise or the perhaps countless others he has murdered :(
I never thought this case would be solved even two years ago and I was bawling during the press release even though I already knew their names...Rest in power beautiful souls.

Even if TR were around to answer questions, investigators probably wouldn't have gotten a straight answer. He was notorious for mixing the truth with lies, but I would have loved to have had him made accountable for what he did to all his victims. The timing for him would have been lucky, though, because NH repealed the death penalty a little over a week ago.

Mods, are we not supposed to discuss the posts about Marlyse & daughters in the public forum on ancestry dot com? TIA for clarifying.

It is no different than other social media, so no you may not discuss general comments made by family members or others about the victims.

You may discuss with each other in private conversations, but not on the public thread, and you may not bring anything discussed in private conversations onto the thread.

Is there a reason this thread is still listed in the unidentified area of WS? I thought this most recent msm identified the remaining victims?

Or, did I miss something and there is still an unsolved UID with this case?

Is there a reason this thread is still listed in the unidentified area of WS? I thought this most recent msm identified the remaining victims?Or, did I miss something and there is still an unsolved UID with this case?

The middle, unrelated child, is still unidentified. Someone had suggested we start a new thread for her, since the other 3 have their names back. Not sure if that's been done.

Is there a reason this thread is still listed in the unidentified area of WS? I thought this most recent msm identified the remaining victims?

Or, did I miss something and there is still an unsolved UID with this case?

There are still at least TWO UID's in this case - the 'middle child' found in the barrels, and also her mother.

Authorities also do not know the location of Denise Beaudin's remains, so unfortunately this case is FAR from closed...

It was stated on the most recent episode of Bear Brook that the middle child's DNA will be uploaded to a new genealogy site (not GEDmatch) "as soon as next week", so fingers crossed she will be identified soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes