NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not sure what to make of this quote from the news article you linked:
"Stiers believes her half-sister’s mother was Asian; she has a memory of her father showing her a map of Southeast Asia. “I think that’s because that’s where the mother was from, but I honestly don’t remember. But I think that’s why he showed me that.” ... “I think he may have been attracted to Asian women,” Stiers said."

But didn't the original DNA show that the middle child might have Native American DNA? Is it possible that the mother is actually Native American/Part Native American, but has features people might have thought were Asian?

I ask this question because if she recalls the lady being Asian it would influence missing persons searches.
It might seem that race doesn't matter, but when searching for a missing person it is a big deal.

The person who did the Missing and Exploited Children composite drawings of the 4 did a great job. I hope that someone recognizes the drawing of the middle child.

In June 1978 we have Rasmussen, using his true identity, quitting his job in Texas to “work elsewhere”. By November of that year, he is in SoCal and in a relationship with Marlyse. We don’t know how long he was there but long enough to become in a relationship. Since he did not have his own child with him at the Thanksgiving gathering and made no mention of being a “ Single Father” to the family, I believe he did not have the mystery child in his custody at that time.

At some point soon after that, they turn up in New Hampshire where he gets a job at Waubec Mills. He was with someone using the name Elizabeth Evans in Feb 1980. That leaves a year for him to move to NH with Marlyse and her children, secure physical custody of his mystery child, murder them all and dispose of their bodies in an area he knew of because he had done work at the nearby home of his boss at Waubec, and then start up a new relationship that had developed to the point that the woman would assume the role of his wife. That is a lot to happen in a year. I think a safe operating assumption would be that Elizabeth Evans was Marlyse.

In Dec 1979, Rasmussen passes a bad check and is arrested later the next year. In 1980, he is arrested twice for stealing electricity, which probably means his was cut off for non-payment and he usued his skill as an electrician to turn it back on. It sounds like he as having serious money problems. If his his job ended, he may have been having problems collecting unemployment insurance or finding an other job due his fake identity. “ Elizabeth” seems to have vanished sometime between May and October 1980. I think it is a safe assumption that the murders occurred during this period.

In the Spring 1981, Rasmussen, still using the name Evans, is photographed with his new girlfriend, the pregnant Denise Beaudin while socializing with neighbors. He was still living at 925 Hayward St Manchester, where he was living with Elizabeth in Feb 1980. He was living with a wife and 3 children, then suddenly they are gone but he remains and later a new girlfriend moves in. Even 40 years later, people remember something like that. They may have moved, they may not follow true crime, but some neighbors remember something about the family and when they left. Publicly will hopefully generate more leads.

s&bbm
He was living with a wife and 3 children, then suddenly they are gone but he remains and later a new girlfriend moves in. Even 40 years later, people remember something like that. They may have moved, they may not follow true crime, but some neighbors remember something about the family and when they left. Publicly will hopefully generate more leads.
And they would have had quite a few neighbours too, likely several noticed three kids and mum disappeared and dad stayed, but probably just thought they'd left him. I hope local media is publishing TR's picture with Marlyse's and the children's and the street they lived on.

"Stiers believes her half-sister’s mother was Asian; she has a memory of her father showing her a map of Southeast Asia. “I think that’s because that’s where the mother was from, but I honestly don’t remember. But I think that’s why he showed me that.” ... “I think he may have been attracted to Asian women,” Stiers said."

But didn't the original DNA show that the middle child might have Native American DNA? Is it possible that the mother is actually Native American/Part Native American, but has features people might have thought were Asian?

I ask this question because if she recalls the lady being Asian it would influence missing persons searches.
It might seem that race doesn't matter, but when searching for a missing person it is a big deal.

The person who did the Missing and Exploited Children composite drawings of the 4 did a great job. I hope that someone recognizes the drawing of the middle child.

In the FB.group she said Bangladesh or Laos.

sbm

Her mother and her maternal side is the only way to identify this little girl.

Only forensically. Their names and information are private unless they chose to divulge that information publicly. . Not all families of victims choose to make that information public.

As to the birthday picture with everyone on the floor. There are at least four darker skinned children in that photo. So either they all were siblings or they were perhaps in an area where there were other minorities. If they were all siblings, then if middle child is the one people suspect in the photo, then she had at least three older siblings. I think LE has good reason why they want to identify everyone in these photos.

In the FB.group she said Bangladesh or Laos.

Those are two very different ethnic groups and cultures. Do you remember what the DNA had stated? If I recall it had said all 4 had some possible Native American DNA.

I haven't looked this up much but a follower mentioned to me that his name (or possibly a known alias) should be on the birth certificate of the Middle Child. Perhaps that is in Ancestry somewhere or in the old "Births" sections of some newspaper in Newspapers.com

I haven't been on here much so IDK if this possibility has all been researched to death but it sounded like a solid idea to me so I wanted to pass it on.

I'm taking what his daughter says with a grain of salt since it involves memories from when she was very young and she says she doesn't know why he showed her that map of SE Asia. TPR was stationed in Japan while in the Navy. He very well could have been showing his daughter on the map where he served but perhaps she only remembers the countries from the bottom/center of the map. The Vietnam War was also going on until '75. Perhaps he was showing her where Vietnam was located/where people were fighting.

MOO.

I'm taking what his daughter says with a grain of salt since it involves memories from when she was very young and she says she doesn't know why he showed her that map of SE Asia. TPR was stationed in Japan while in the Navy. He very well could have been showing his daughter on the map where he served but perhaps she only remembers the countries from the bottom/center of the map. The Vietnam War was also going on until '75. Perhaps he was showing her where Vietnam was located/where people were fighting.

MOO.
I agree. She says this happened before she started school so she was 4-5 years old max at the time.

The mention of Laos is interesting. There was a large contingent of Hmong refugees settled in New England starting in 1975; quite a number of them were from Laos as well as from the mountains of Vietnam. I don't recall any of them being in New Hampshire though--mostly northern Massachusetts, but those aren't far apart.

She remembers meeting her half sister but doesn’t remember her name?!

Also, if the age range is correct then MC was born around ‘75 at the earliest and was too young to be the half sister she remembers in ‘75.

TR took her camping at Bear Brooks’s in mid 70’s?!

Yeah I don't think that all adds up...

The ancestors of Native Americans came from Asia.

She remembers meeting her half sister but doesn’t remember her name?!

Also, if the age range is correct then MC was born around ‘75 at the earliest and was too young to be the half sister she remembers in ‘75.

TR took her camping at Bear Brooks’s in mid 70’s?!

It's really hard to make her memories fit with timeline we know. I wonder if her mom and other siblings remember the mid 70's visit to New Hampshire and camping in Bearbrook? Did TPR move between NH and CA more than once? :eek:

MOO

Very much agree. I think this explains Marlyse and Marie in one barrel - possibly placed there weeks or months before Sarah and the middle child in another barrel and in a slightly different location.
If this is the case it leads to potential witnesses. Someone would have to watch two toddler aged children while he was at work. Wasn't there someone that came forward as a babysitter for TR? And said their was two young girls? It might of been in CA with Lisa and the unidentified baby.

If this is the case it leads to potential witnesses. Someone would have to watch two toddler aged children while he was at work. Wasn't there someone that came forward as a babysitter for TR? And said their was two young girls? It might of been in CA with Lisa and the unidentified baby.

I also remember something about a babysitter from California seeing TPR with a woman and several children. I'll see if I can find it in the media thread.

ETA: Not finding it in the media thread but see the timeline made by @folieadeuxnola (1984 and 1985 sightings by a babysitter/witness in Anaheim):
NH - NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members