GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what did the sheriff “sort out” about Ryan Glenn? That he's violent, crazy and used large knives in crimes, but he's not nuts enough to decapitate Mr. Dermond?

Ryan Glenn is a big, strong man with a long criminal history of felony assaults, batteries, disorderly conducts, and terroristic threats. He was living with his dad less than a mile from the Dermond’s home when the Dermond were murdered.

Ryan's dad said Ryan has never been adjudicated for his many violent crimes as he’s unfit to stand trial because he's insane. I'd like to hear exactly how the sheriff ruled out Ryan as a suspect.
Eatonton man accused of slashing tires of two dozen vehicles

Apparently when they checked his background they didn't find anything they liked for the murders but if I was SS he'd still be my prime suspect
Wonder if they tested the knife for Dermond DNA? Considering police had already confiscated it, wouldn't that make it legal to do that type of testing?

Not sure if he would be smart enough to get away with the Ds' murders though... jmo.

I knew it was huge but this map shows its about 2000 to 3000 feet across that lake where SD was dropped, Jeesh I knew it was wide and I've been there, 1000 feet is huge IMO.......surely that cant be right! BUt according to the scale on here it is.........BUt this proves how easy it was to drop SD there, houses way across the lake cant see a thing, well boats you can tell but that far away no one pays any attention to fishermen.......but even in the cove you cant see a thing in the dark, but defintitely not out here, day or especially at night.....I've posted pics long ago from this shore and the dam on the thread, but looking from Lawrence shoals dock and shore you can look up stream and I imagine looking at where she was dropped and ultimately discovered....Google Maps

looking at the area SD was likely found, not at the dock but way upstream at the trees in the distance
I knew it was huge but this map shows its about 2000 to 3000 feet across that lake where SD was dropped, Jeesh I knew it was wide and I've been there, 1000 feet is huge IMO.......surely that cant be right! BUt according to the scale on here it is.........BUt this proves how easy it was to drop SD there, houses way across the lake cant see a thing, well boats you can tell but that far away no one pays any attention to fishermen.......but even in the cove you cant see a thing in the dark, but defintitely not out here, day or especially at night.....I've posted pics long ago from this shore and the dam on the thread, but looking from Lawrence shoals dock and shore you can look up stream and I imagine looking at where she was dropped and ultimately discovered....Google Maps

Attachments

• LawrenceShoals-HW4 looking at where SD Found.jpg
    LawrenceShoals-HW4 looking at where SD Found.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 11
IN some trees at Riley Shoals not far from Long Shoals Boat Ramp..........just humoring, saw this was Lakeoconee posting in the thread years ago

Zoom out and you can get your bearings straight and see this is the last bend in the river as was always told,

Rivers dont flow up stream, except one in FLorida LOL

She was dropped in this vicinity if not exactly where she was found

Google Maps

IN some trees at Riley Shoals not far from Long Shoals Boat Ramp..........just humoring, saw this was Lakeoconee posting in the thread years ago

Zoom out and you can get your bearings straight and see this is the last bend in the river as was always told,

Rivers dont flow up stream, except one in FLorida LOL

She was dropped in this vicinity if not exactly where she was found

Google Maps

I clicked on the link, opened the map, and just below the Long Shoals Boat Ramp/Riley Shoals, I think I found the best POI EVER, hiding in "plain sight." See image, below.

;):D

L O L

Attachments

• headhunter.PNG
    headhunter.PNG
    458.7 KB · Views: 30
So, now that we've perused a plethora of maps... I'm curious by what method would SD's body have been dropped if NOT by boat?? I'm in agreement with SS's theory, but for anyone who questions it... how else could she be found in a wide bend of the river ?

And, for anyone with knowledge... are most rivers "generally" deeper closer to a dam??

The sheriff spoke to detectives on Lois Colley’s homicide case because her murder had similarities to the Dermond’s murders. In both crimes, murderers killed wealthy, elderly people who were fast food franchise owners. There were no signs of forced entry. Although valuable items were available to steal, the killers took nothing from the crime scenes.

Lois’ murder was eventually solved. Her killer was a disgruntled, former employee.
Ex-Laborer Pleads Guilty in 2015 Murder of Lois Colley, Westchester Socialite

SHould be no confusion, that map and description of where SD was found, was also posted by LakeOconee several years ago so nothing has changed since then...........

HELICOPTER seems likely the only other way to dump her there

Said there are lots or boulders and very overgrown on the land in Greene County just above the Island, ALso it was stated that the "VAN" that was seen on that shore, if anyone remembers that, speculation was that someone drove in a van down there ........but was likely a boulder, as its very overgrown there and no vehicles can get thru

Interestingly that land is accessible to the CHad Haufler neighborhood north of it LOL

Not understanding the question about how she was found in a wide bend of the river

You'll have to view the topography map of the lake, it's shallow closer to the shore and it can be very deep otherwise......but she wasnt found at the dam

And so we're back to more maps

BETTER QUESTION IS WHY IN THE TREES ALONG THE MAIN RIVER WHERE EVERYONE FISHES?

So, now that we've perused a plethora of maps... I'm curious by what method would SD's body have been dropped if NOT by boat?? I'm in agreement with SS's theory, but for anyone who questions it... how else could she be found in a wide bend of the river ?

And, for anyone with knowledge... are most rivers "generally" deeper closer to a dam??

The sheriff spoke to detectives on Lois Colley’s homicide case because her murder had similarities to the Dermond’s murders. In both crimes, murderers killed wealthy, elderly people who were fast food franchise owners. There were no signs of forced entry. Although valuable items were available to steal, the killers took nothing from the crime scenes.

Lois’ murder was eventually solved. Her killer was a disgruntled, former employee.
Ex-Laborer Pleads Guilty in 2015 Murder of Lois Colley, Westchester Socialite
Farm worker, 4 years later, interesting

SO the only truly disgrunted employee of RD is dead, that was known.........any others must have been keeping it a secret for sure

Let's try this again!

Here's the wide bend reference (I shared this earlier, post #1280 but it was likely overlooked)

"Weighed down by a pair of 30-pound concrete blocks, her corpse bloated and surfaced facedown in 46 feet of water. By boat, the spot lies some five miles from her home, in a wide bend above the Wallace Dam."

New details as mystery reigns in year-old Dermond lake murders

That's an SS quote above.
So, how does wide bend include "in trees along the main river- where everyone fishes" (as you stated)?Yes, I guess we must look at more maps!

And, I just asked if rivers were "generally " deeper closer to a dam. I did not say SD was found at, near, nor close to the dam. It was a general question... Just to be clear.

Finally there was a post stating (roughly, not direct quote) the exact location where SDs body was found was very important because it helped determine the method of placing her body there... That's the reason for my first question... Just FYI.

Last edited:
Dancin'... Do you have a reference link for this??

Sadly, WE seem to have evolved in to calling other posters out... Pages and pages of fixation. Often seems it's just for "control" of the thread. It's not good. I am simply trying to ask questions - obtain opinions from anyone/everyone. But, IMO there's Bad Juju here!

Sadly, WE seem to have evolved in to calling other posters out... Pages and pages of fixation. Often seems it's just for "control" of the thread. It's not good. I am simply trying to ask questions - obtain opinions from anyone/everyone. But, IMO there's Bad Juju here!
I was looking for more references on the location and found very early references pertaining to SS stating it was at or near the last bend in the river, thats fact, youll have to find it in the threads, its been discussed for YEARS, that's not controlling......FYI

No problem. I'll stay off the thread. Enjoy the opinions!

One more time

YOu may have to do some catching up, this case is 5 years old............it's a reference SS used, a generalization, thats how I see it, all in that area area trees under water along the shorelines where the land was flooded years ago in creating Lake Oconee

Read the thread and look at the maps I guess, its been discussed for atleast 4 years, maybe even since she was found but I dont think it initially came out the exact location

SS only referenced the last bend in the river about 5 miles from the Dermonds home "DOWN BY THE DAM" as a general reference

There are no trees in the middle of the lake by the dam that are protruding out of the water

I'm sorry I dont know what you are asking I guess

I just thought it was interesting the "lakeoconee" posted the same thing years ago, who lives in the area, that it was RIley SHoals, which IS THE LAST BEND in the river, down by the dam

"BY the dam" meaning SOUTH, down river, she was closer to the dam than her own home, point was how far they took her body by boat, it's not accessible by land, there is also an island there

So WHY there? Basically along the river, unless they had her between some land masses and she moved 30 ft MIGHT suggest she was NOT meant to be found

BUT, if it was a location there where kids swim and jump off the rock, then they wanted her found possibly, attached photos

ONE photo appears to be between the land mass and the island but I cant be sure though this is a very rocky location where she was found........read lakoconee posts about the land mass by RIley shoals, FULL OF BOULDERS, very hard if at all possible to pass thru, very overgrown as well

Im just curious if it was about inheritance or confusing the investigation

Seems I keep having to defend myself for my thoughts on the location, I am not understanding the angst here

QUESTION IS: WHY THERE??????????????

Let's try this again!

Here's the wide bend reference (I shared this earlier, post #1280 but it was likely overlooked)

"Weighed down by a pair of 30-pound concrete blocks, her corpse bloated and surfaced facedown in 46 feet of water. By boat, the spot lies some five miles from her home, in a wide bend above the Wallace Dam."

That's an SS quote above.
So, how does wide bend include "in trees along the main river- where everyone fishes" (as you stated)?Yes, I guess we must look at more maps!

And, I just asked if rivers were "generally " deeper closer to a dam. I did not say SD was found at, near, nor close to the dam. It was a general question... Just to be clear.

Finally there was a post stating (roughly, not direct quote) the exact location where SDs body was found was very important because it helped determine the method of placing her body there... That's the reason for my first question... Just FYI.

Attachments

• rock-small-1 lakeoconee.jpg
    rock-small-1 lakeoconee.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 11
  • rock lake oconee.jpg
    rock lake oconee.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 8
This is where you told the members on the thread that SD was found (above in your post).

Picture of emergency vehicles on the small jet out island with the dock:
PQLSZQP6BGGALMJ2JZQUBC55KU.jpg

5b74dc964c929.image.jpg

upload_2019-6-12_7-58-3-png.188624

I also had an image of that point (from googlemaps)
View attachment 188633
I wanted to add another photo I came across of same area where the EMS vehicles were fetching SD's body after SS had brought her to shore - in this photo I believe it shows SS pacing about in front of the EMS vehicles.
Peninsula EMS and SS CBS46.jpg
Lake Oconee murder mystery

Also this one showing SS pacing..
Peninsula EMS and SS CBS46 2.jpg
Lake Oconee murder mystery (Part 2)

I wish there was more information on Vicki Stephens drowning, seemed quite suspicious to many, IIRC she was dressed and waiting to be picked up by family at her dock, purse on the dock......did she not know how to swim or even stand up from the location she fell in? Grab ahold of the dock pilings? The water depths in front of the docks at sinclair are mostly only about 6' right in front of the docks, of course it gradually slopes off underwater to the main channel to very great depths,

there were a lot of deaths that year, just days after and months of the Dermond murders

Vicki Stephens, drowing at her own dock,
Judge Cline, suicide, people that knew him said he had battled with depression and alcohol addiction
Lydia Ivanditti, drowned in bathtub,murder solved

2 of these plus SD had to do with water.......

Several years later, Chad Haufler murdered his best friend, suspicious 911 call claiming intruders, later found untrue, across the lake from the Dermonds

Also the Hancock county courthouse burned down the same year

Still very curious about Vicki Stephens death

SS has stated over and over that SD was found approximately 5 to 6 miles from the Dermond home by water. The map I posted above has it mapped at approximately 5.65 miles from the Dermonds dock.

That’s 5 miles as a bird flys so much closer to the dam. ....

The only reference I can find right now as to the miles from the Dermond home to where SD's body was found, is in a newspaper article.

"Shirley Dermond's body didn't turn up until May 16. Fishermen found it in the lake, about five miles away by water."

Jax detectives help in Georgia beheading case

.... "...By boat, the spot lies some five miles from her home, in a wide bend above the Wallace Dam."

That's an SS quote above. ....
Thanks for that quote from SS, fred&edna - another mention as to the 'some' 5 miles from her home to where the body was found, being by water/boat. It's good to have the links in one location in case we need them again. I'm also picky on facts when stating facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes