Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frightening and possible. But weren't they already off the end by this stage? ( 2.30 vs SC pic 2.07) Then this was perhaps followed by " Guys, this is private property so you need to go down the hill."

He could even have also said " I'll show you the way across the creek to short cut back to the trail". What option would they have had really rather than do what the adult is telling them? AJMOO

Yes that could have happened. I think Abby was not off the bridge yet yet due to what looks like a bit of her jacket inside the photo's frame. But even if she had gotten off and was standing by Libby MOO BG closed in on them to threaten and direct them with a handgun,

Oddly IndyChannel is going with the SC photo at about 2:15pm.

Libby posted a photo of Abby walking across the railroad tracks on the bridge on Snapchat around 2:15 p.m. That haunting image was the last known photo of either girl alive and is the only clue we have about when exactly things might have taken a turn.”
One Year Later: Why the Delphi case isn't cold

Just guessing, if the SC time of 2:07pm is not correct I think it was closer to when Libby recorded the video of the suspect. Otherwise if neither of the girls left the bridge for the next 23 minutes, I don’t know but standing on the old bridge sure doesn’t seem to me like an ideal location for idle chit chat.

BBM
If the 2:07pm time is correct it means that the girls were on the bridge, about 1/3rd of the way across, at that time. They could have finished crossing in 5 minutes max, which means they should have reached the SE side well before 2:30pm. I agree with the above poster, I doubt they stuck around on the bridge. I've always wondered about what the girls could have been doing for 23 mintues? Maybe they did cross safely (no BG in sight), hang around/explore at the other end for a few mintues (at which point Libby says something to the effect of 'the trail ends here..."), so they turn around and start crossing the bridge back to get to their pick up point. This is when the notice 'the man' on the bridge coming towards them. They don't feel comfortable passing him on the bridge, so their only option is to turn around and head back to the SE side again to wait it out. For whatever reason Libby senses danger and hits record as she reaches the end of the bridge. Abby may or may not still be on he bridge as BG closes in on the girls.

The Dr Phil show was aired Dec/17 and was not taped long in advance iirc because somewhere the media reported the families heading out for the taping.

Apr/17 it was announced it was the Indiana Computer Crimes Against Children Taskforce that obtained the photo/video and audio from Libby’s cellphone. I’d presume they, rather than LE, have the means to also determine exact timing of all the cellphone activity as part of that work but I don’t know for sure.

The clip begins @ 1:35

I’m feeling a little more comfortable with the 2:30 time, but still wonder why it’s been removed from the billboards. I saw an article on 2/22/17 that had the time on the billboard, so it was put up there right away.

Sounds like the task force obtained the video which makes me think it was actually obtained from her phone. It still could’ve been created with SC though. LG would have had to have her SC settings set to save to camera roll and/or memories and camera roll. My kiddo does that which is why the phone is always full. If that is the case LE knows the time of the snap too - they just haven’t shared that so I’m still skeptical of 2:07.

Refresh my memory - they were actually found ON the private property, correct?

I wonder if BG knew it was, or just happened to take them there because of proximity?
They weren't found on the private property where the bridge ends but across the creek directly opposite that private property on the extreme boundary of RL's 40 acre property in an old gravel pit type of area just south of the cemetery. Misty Waters just posted a good map explaining it.

Where can I see a YouTube video that shows the path the girls would have been ordered down? I'd like to see a walk beginning at "down the hill" and ending where the bodies were found. I know there's one out there but too many to wade through and I know a few of you probably have one bookmarked. Thanks.

MOO julie melvin vid 3 retracing abby and libby's step monon high bridge YT

Oddly IndyChannel is going with the SC photo at about 2:15pm.

Libby posted a photo of Abby walking across the railroad tracks on the bridge on Snapchat around 2:15 p.m. That haunting image was the last known photo of either girl alive and is the only clue we have about when exactly things might have taken a turn.”
One Year Later: Why the Delphi case isn't cold

Just guessing, if the SC time of 2:07pm is not correct I think it was closer to when Libby recorded the video of the suspect. Otherwise if neither of the girls left the bridge for the next 23 minutes, I don’t know but standing on the old bridge sure doesn’t seem to me like an ideal location for idle chit chat.

This time sits better with me if the video was at 2:30. 23 minutes hanging out on a bridge does not sound fun. If the SC is actually later they had 45 minutes between drop off till the AW SC. People on the trail did see them that day right?

Edit: typos

Last edited:
“We have a witness,” Carter went on. “You made mistakes. We are coming for you and there’s no place for a heartless coward like you to hide.”

Other than Libby's phone being a "witness," where exactly do you think the witness saw the killer? (I dislike the use of "BG" because that makes him sound less lethal than he was.)

What mistakes do you think the killer made? I don't think being recorded was a mistake in terms of him doing something wrong. If he didn't know he was being recorded, it wasn't a mistake on his part, IMO. Not taking Libby's phone could have been a mistake but only if he knew she had one. Was leaving DNA one of the mistakes? Probably, but it's not unusual to find a killer's DNA at a crime scene. Can you think of any other kinds of mistakes the KILLER made?
Perhaps, they are referring to him being seen by a witness as one of the mistakes. MOO

Where can I see a YouTube video that shows the path the girls would have been ordered down? I'd like to see a walk beginning at "down the hill" and ending where the bodies were found. I know there's one out there but too many to wade through and I know a few of you probably have one bookmarked. Thanks.
This video, at 9:02 you can see path on left handside (running parallel for a while) and also the path
that began at the end of the bridge. (Yellow NO Entry signs at end of bridge so people aren't suppose to walk any further...)

This time sits better with me if the video was at 2:30. 23 minutes hanging out on a bridge does not sound fun. If the SC is actually later they had 45 minutes between drop off till the AW SC. People on the trail did see them that day right?

Edit: typos

Am not positive anyone except BG saw them. Which if correct is strange as there were reportedly quite a few people around IMO.

I dont know what can solve this case now. Everybody has to remember they had a lot of people working on this case. State. FBI. Everybody years ago. They put the case back in the public eye, received thousands more of tips and still nothing.

Only thing I see cracking this case is if the guy brags about killing them one day...

Am not positive anyone except BG saw them. Which if correct is strange as there were reportedly quite a few people around IMO.

Bbm- That’s what I was thinking.

Based on things I’ve read or podcasts I’ve listened to (I listen to family interviews or LE only) it’s like there were people there before and after, but at the actual critical hour or so it was just LG, AW, and BG. Not insinuating anything. It’s just twilight zone weird to me.

It’s so hard to fathom with so many on the trails that day, BG found the right time to trap the girls. I assume he did so at the end of the bridge, where there is a clear downward hill (which was taped off with evidence tape later). Looking at vids of the bridge, it is scary to think about crossing it... it’s so high. No hand rails. Spaces between the tresses. So that might be why no one saw anything, simply because it’s so hard to cross that bridge without feeling scared, so most trail walkers don’t.

The possible hill mentioned in the voice recording could lead under the bridge and off to the east is Deer Creek (I think) where it seems likely they were led across to the kill (or possibly location) zone. Up from where the bodies were found, I believe is the cemetery, possibly also with a parking lot.

Those who have been sharing maps, and not to sound too much like the Californians on SNL :eek:, is the cemetery off 300 and on up 300, to the right, is the now destroyed social services building where Superintendent Carter asked for tips on a car parked there on Feb 13, 2017?

Don’t know why it’s important for me to understand, other than BG had a parked car in the area. Thanks for you help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa