Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Frankly I’m getting sick of foreigners not respecting our culture to wear light weight clothing and that doesn’t mean we are to be assaulted.
Learn it, respect it or book a flight.

The memory of Toyah Cordingley’s love for animals will be immortalised at the new Paws and Claws facility which received a half a million dollar funding injection today.

After 12 years of fighting to keep the animal shelter and refuge open, today Douglas Councillor and Paws and Claws President, Michael Kerr, grateful accepted a $500,000 grant from Leichhardt MP Warren Entsch.

As part of the fit-out of the site on Teamsters Close in Craiglie, a room for the puppies at the shelter will be named the ‘Toyah Puppy Room’ and will feature a hand-painted mural of the young woman to watch over the pups in the refuge’s care.

Toyah's puppy love immortalised at new Paws and Claws

Toyah Cordingley - Queensland Police News

The Queensland Police Service offers its sincerest condolences to the family and friends of Toyah Cordingley on today, June 14 – what should have been her 25th birthday.

Toyah-360x480.jpg

Toyah Cordingley - Queensland Police News

The Queensland Police Service offers its sincerest condolences to the family and friends of Toyah Cordingley on today, June 14 – what should have been her 25th birthday.

Toyah-360x480.jpg

Good to hear that the investigation is ongoing and moving forward.

I wonder if they have managed to get Singh to return to Australia yet. My guess is probably not.

No Cookies | The Cairns Post

Nope SA
:(

THE Indian fugitive wanted over Toyah Cordingley’s death may never face justice because of an extradition treaty loophole, family and legal experts say.

“It’s hard to find an Indian in India,’’ Singh’s brother-in-law Harpreet Singh exclusively told The Courier-Mail.

“But extradition can be just as difficult. Just look at the Puneet case.”

Singh’s relatives, who have mounted their own search to bring him back to face justice, are furious he abandoned his wife, mother and children, leaving them penniless and facing eviction from the family home and the car to be repossessed.

Queensland Law Society president Bill Potts, one of the state’s leading criminal law experts, fears that day may never come.

“India is a notoriously difficult place to extradite people from,’’ the 38-year legal veteran said.

Queensland Police also have to provide a strong murder case with DNA evidence, photographs, film, eyewitnesses and even a confession (if available) to get any extradition order approved by the Federal Court of Australia, Mr Potts said.

Remember his father took off after him? Where’s he now? ‍♂️

Sounds as if he is still gone, too. Seeing that drsleuth's link says that the wife, mother, and children have been left penniless and facing eviction.

It has been 8 months now since Toyah's murder and they both took off .. one after the other.

Last edited:
No Cookies | The Cairns Post

Nope SA
:(

THE Indian fugitive wanted over Toyah Cordingley’s death may never face justice because of an extradition treaty loophole, family and legal experts say.

“It’s hard to find an Indian in India,’’ Singh’s brother-in-law Harpreet Singh exclusively told The Courier-Mail.

“But extradition can be just as difficult. Just look at the Puneet case.”

Singh’s relatives, who have mounted their own search to bring him back to face justice, are furious he abandoned his wife, mother and children, leaving them penniless and facing eviction from the family home and the car to be repossessed.

Queensland Law Society president Bill Potts, one of the state’s leading criminal law experts, fears that day may never come.

“India is a notoriously difficult place to extradite people from,’’ the 38-year legal veteran said.

Queensland Police also have to provide a strong murder case with DNA evidence, photographs, film, eyewitnesses and even a confession (if available) to get any extradition order approved by the Federal Court of Australia, Mr Potts said.

he abandoned his wife, mother and children, leaving them penniless and facing eviction from the family home and the car to be repossessed.

He sounds a real hero.

The Courier Mail article says that Puneet (who killed a student in Melbourne) took off back to India and it took 4 years to find him. Now he is fighting extradition, and so far is managing to delay it (he fled Australia 11 years ago).

Puneet is the case that Singh's brother in law has referenced and seems to know so much about.

Bill Potts ...“India is a notoriously difficult place to extradite people from,’’ the 38-year legal veteran said.
“It is a very large country, with a gigantic population, and the court system is so stretched and overcrowded, there are massive delays.”

“In England an extradition request for murder can take months, in India it can take years.
“And that’s if they find him.’’

He said the hunt for Singh was similar to the eleven-year legal pursuit of Puneet.
“Puneet is an absolute outrage. He’s trying to argue he won’t get a fair trial, everyone hates him, and his life is at risk if he sets foot back in the country,’’ he said.

“But we all know that’s bogus. The fugitive has a vested interest in making up all sorts of nonsense claims. Murder carries a sentence of life imprisonment so the fugitive has an interest in flying the victimhood and prejudice card.”

Category: | The Courier Mail
Justice for Toyah: Questions surround Indian ‘person of interest’ who ‘may not be found’
13 June 2019

he abandoned his wife, mother and children, leaving them penniless and facing eviction from the family home and the car to be repossessed.

He sounds a real hero.
The youngest child was described as an infant too. 8 months in an infants life equates to considerable growth and changes, all of which he’s missed. His other two kids are young too. Even if he doesn’t care for his wife, at the end of the day by leaving and having no contact he’s sacrificed his kids. He was reported as behaving weird and hating his job so he may have been depressed and wanting out anyway, and just doesn’t care - with nothing to lose. I thought him wanting to see his kids would’ve been a dangling carrot. I think he was always the main/only prime suspect but they wanted to talk to him first. He bolted immediately so was way ahead of the game, and has now slipped down the rabbit hole into another identity and world. It’ll be hard to get him. I wonder if we’ve got an undercover search mission of some sort happening on the ground there to ferret him out, or not.

The youngest child was described as an infant too. 8 months in an infants life equates to considerable growth and changes, all of which he’s missed. His other two kids are young too. Even if he doesn’t care for his wife, at the end of the day by leaving and having no contact he’s sacrificed his kids. He was reported as behaving weird and hating his job so he may have been depressed and wanting out anyway, and just doesn’t care - with nothing to lose. I thought him wanting to see his kids would’ve been a dangling carrot. I think he was always the main/only prime suspect but they wanted to talk to him first. He bolted immediately so was way ahead of the game, and has now slipped down the rabbit hole into another identity and world. It’ll be hard to get him. I wonder if we’ve got an undercover search mission of some sort happening on the ground there to ferret him out, or not.
It would not be too far fetched to guess that he would re-marry in India, and father a few more kids, after abandoning his original family in Australia. Total replacement of new for old. Maybe even the father would do the same.:rolleyes:

Category: | The Courier Mail

TOYAH Cordingley’s family have told of a “blinking horror” as an international police manhunt for the man suspected of killing her.

Officials are liaising with Indian law enforcement agencies to make it a priority to track down the key “person of interest”, former Innisfail nurse Rajwinder Singh, who fled overseas two days after the brutal murder 10 months ago.

But family of the missing father-of-three told The Courier-Mail they fear he has vanished without a trace, changed his identity, and abandoned his young children to thwart any chance of justice for Toyah.

I just wanted to apologise for any comments I made on here that appeared to treat the tragedy that is Toyahs murder lightly and without the appropriate respect.
I was and I remain deeply saddened by Toyahs death. I was immersed in personal issues at the time and likely conveyed a genuine passion for justice as levity, oblivious to any flaws in my expression.
Please forgive this and know I've since evolved.
From one animal lover to another, rest in the peace and beauty of your souls radiance Toyah, thank-you for being.

TOYAH CORDINGLEY MEMORIAL TO BE UNVEILED AT WANGETTI BEACH

A memorial monument for Toyah Cordingley will be unveiled at Wangetti Beach on Saturday 19 October, almost a year after she was killed.

Ms Cordingley’s life was tragically cut short in October last year while she was walking her dog on the remote Far North Queensland beach.

Police say investigations into her murder are ongoing and while there are some key people of interest in the case, no arrests have been made to date

Toyah Cordingley memorial to be unveiled at Wangetti Beach

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbosquez
Back