Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Hills88

Reaction score
A murder investigation is underway after the body of a 24-year-old woman was found at Wangetti Beach, north of Cairns, in far north Queensland.

The body, which was found this morning, has been identified as that of Toyah Cordingley, a Cairns pharmacy worker who went missing yesterday with her large dog.

An SES air and sea search began in the area early this morning after family raised the alarm and pleaded for any information about her whereabouts.

The woman's car was found at the beach.

Murder investigation launched after Cairns woman Toyah Cordingley's body found on beach - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Mod addition:
Thread #1
Thread #2

Attachments

• 10404710-3x2-460x307.jpg
    10404710-3x2-460x307.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited by a moderator:
So the suspect has been in India the best part of seven weeks. That is a decent head start. Surely nobody is harbouring this monster.
I would never have guessed Toyah's killer having this background. As Joe Kenda from Homicide Hunter says 'anyone is capable of murder.'
This will be a tough time for Toyah's family and such a terrible time of the year to endure this.

My mind is a bit blown with the lack of information from Police to the public. Phone records would have been made available fairly quickly, so why has it taken since 23 October till now really for this all to come to light (and in the way it has). And the Police were telling the family the had no news, when in fact, they did. I also think in light of the information the Police DID have, they should have been more forthright in saying immediate family and friends were NOT POI. I’d be pretty p#%^ed off all round if I was the family, between the media and the police. If they have DNA, surely they can get a match from family members? Poor poor Toyah, what a sickening tragic waste of life. And if this guys father followed him, where’s he!? He should be giving updates to the Police. All round x^%#.

My mind is a bit blown with the lack of information from Police to the public. Phone records would have been made available fairly quickly, so why has it taken since 23 October till now really for this all to come to light (and in the way it has). And the Police were telling the family the had no news, when in fact, they did. I also think in light of the information the Police DID have, they should have been more forthright in saying immediate family and friends were NOT POI. I’d be pretty p#%^ed off all round if I was the family, between the media and the police. If they have DNA, surely they can get a match from family members? Poor poor Toyah, what a sickening tragic waste of life. And if this guys father followed him, where’s he!? He should be giving updates to the Police. All round x^%#.

I know the family are very very angry, but I can't help but wonder 'why' they're so angry at the media? Do they think the guy is innocent, or is it just because the media found out before the police had told them? The police aren't going to tell them until they make an arrest, and I don't think the media is just making it up about this guy, obviously they have contacts inside the police dept. I know the media are vultures as I have said, but at the same time they're going to do what they're going to do. I doubt this info has come out of thin air.

That was my initial reaction too however we’re still relying on what’s been released by MSM & in terms of police clearing family & friends, maybe it wasn’t a priority due to the overwhelming support they are receiving from locals so possibly police didn’t think they had to? Reflecting on questions asked by journalists about the safety aspect to other locals, it makes sense there was no threat because they knew he had fled Australia. I imagine there’s just so so much we don’t know & I’m fine with that. Who knows, maybe the father is in contact with police?
Just so tragic but I’m keeping hope for Toyah & her family

Are some parts of India known for vigilante type action? The only thing I can think of why the lack of info is that if it was known there was a killer/rapist on the loose in that particular part of India, would he be in danger perhaps? Just my thoughts....

And how has it helped anyone having this information released? How would it have helped if it was released sooner? IMO the only thing it's done is put stress on his family and probably made the POI hide a little better, which isn't ideal and probably why the police didn't want it released.

And how has it helped anyone having this information released? How would it have helped if it was released sooner? IMO the only thing it's done is put stress on his family and probably made the POI hide a little better, which isn't ideal and probably why the police didn't want it released.
Well up until this information was released, anyone was a suspect. Now from information the media has released, everyone in North Queensland at least can walk the beaches again with some confidence that some murderer is not lurking in the shadows. It has removed suspicion from people who may have been viewed as prime suspects. All of that could have been done weeks ago. The Police would have still been on the front foot. Instead, it looks like they have not got control of such an horrific event, and now, on top of an already terrible event, the media are seen to have more information, and now they are in damage control because it should have been handled differently. Can’t see how the POI can be hiding any ‘better’, as it will be like finding a needle in a haystack anyway. If it was my family member, and the Police had been telling me they had no ideas, and then Media come out saying they’ve known for two weeks... I’d want some kind of explanation from the Police. Maybe that wrong, but I don’t even know her and that’s how I feel hearing about it this way.

Are some parts of India known for vigilante type action? The only thing I can think of why the lack of info is that if it was known there was a killer/rapist on the loose in that particular part of India, would he be in danger perhaps? Just my thoughts....

I think he may be hidden until money comes into play ... then maybe someone will squeal on him. Or if the police come down hard on the people there.

I wonder how much they care about a young western girl, if he has strong family/community ties in the area he is in. I wonder if he has run to the protection of a family member who may be in the police force, govt, or similar?

The police aren’t releasing info as they are still gathering enough watertight evidence to make the arrest. They probably knew it was Singh ages ago, or suspected. Singh however was long gone and they haven’t been able to speak with him yet. Remember the police conference where they stated the area of interest extended to Cardwell? That was intriguing, but now we can speculate it was covering both sides of Innisfail. Remember the red car parked at Rusty’s that Toyah walked past in the CCTV footage? Compare it to the red car that’s no. 3 in that 70 cars in 5 minutes video QPS released. It’s possibly the same car.

Attachments

• DBF2B74F-66E2-40AB-8F6F-172AAB797384.jpeg
    DBF2B74F-66E2-40AB-8F6F-172AAB797384.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 87
I’ve read about that type of occurrence when children have been sexually assaulted and murdered in India but not really when an Indian national has committed that type of crime against a woman OS. I recall one occasion, a long time ago, when a nurse and her boyfriend were murdered by a number of Indian men in India when there was a lot of ruckus but I can’t remember if it resulted in vigilantism.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back