The JonBenet Ramsey Case in popular culture

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a foreigner and the Ramsey case is America's own but there is a lot of interest in it throughout the world particularly amongst females in my opinion. Time moves on and stops for no man and even for a murdered six year old girl but from what I can see it is still the biggest single case in the US:

Many of us have our theories and think we know who killed JonBenet but of course we cannot all be right.

Of course I like most people think those child beauty contests looked terrible and it did not help with the investigation and the cross over into popular culture of this case rather than it remaining what it was the terrible murder of a young child:

Of course there were popular culture references in the Ransom Note. I do not know much about the film Speed as I have never seen it but the 1971 film Dirty Harry is one of my favourites as is Clint Eastwood. Of course I wish as was a tough as Harry and I love the way he 'hates' Limey's. Here is an interesting page about the film:

Dirty Harry (1971)

Of course these documentary makers have done it on purpose to get publicity for their documentary but quite strange really that parents would want their child to audition for the part of a murdered child like this:

And of course dress up as well.

Here is a little cartoon version of the case or someone's theories about the case:

Of course there are different theories in the case and I on reflection The Case Of JonBenet Ramsey could be viewed as part investigation part popular culture. This is a contemporaneous article about the documentary with sum good information about the case:

Category: | Herald Sun

JR always maintained he carried a sleeping JB into the house. But BR claimed she had woken up and she walked into the house. The parents stuck to their story of a sleeping JB being placed in her bed and not waking up at all. But forensic evidence showed that she had to have been awake because of the pineapple in her digestive tract. Food does not continue to digest after death. With death all metabolic process stops. The pineapple was still identifiable as pineapple, and later matched to the pineapple found in the bowl. No way she ate it at the White's. She ate that pineapple shortly after arriving home that night.

Stating the obvious the True Crime Genre is big business and there is a lot of interest in crimes. Not just saying it but Websleuths is a more serious site than the more general interest in true crime. I know this is stating the obvious really but I think must people have a genuine sympathy for crime victims but also a great fascination in crimes. My particular interest is the puzzle of cases I think. There are of course actually Crime Museums and one at Scotland Yard. I am not sure this is really such a good thing because can you imagine a Crime Museum with the JonBenet Ramsey Note because to me it would be a huge draw but perhaps in bad taste:

Exhibits - True Crime Museum

Crime Museum - Wikipedia

Last edited:
This is slightly off topic but it is about the public interest in the True Crime Genre. I watched the Dirty John series with some people and here is an interesting video about the case from CrimeCon2019 and features a couple of his victims and it is good to see they appear ok and Dr Laura Richards my fellow country person who has had an interest in the JonBenet Ramsey case:

Like most people I would like to see JonBenet's case get solved and her finally get a voice from the grave and justice for her and then of course we would know the truth and all of our theories and speculation will be put to the test. What we must remember is this was the murder of a six year old girl and although probably too young too understand why loved her country. One thing for certain JonBenet had a love for the gift of life that was robbed from her on her favourite day of the year. Here is another interesting article about her case in relation to its impact on the US and popular culture:

Why America’s still obsessed with JonBenet

Like most people I would like to see JonBenet's case get solved and her finally get a voice from the grave and justice for her and then of course we would know the truth and all of our theories and speculation will be put to the test. What we must remember is this was the murder of a six year old girl and although probably too young too understand why loved her country. One thing for certain JonBenet had a love for the gift of life that was robbed from her on her favourite day of the year. Here is another interesting article about her case in relation to its impact on the US and popular culture:

Why America’s still obsessed with JonBenet

Of course the primary reason for the case having such an impact is people care about a little girl and are deeply concerned by her brutal murder.

I want to share this video from You Tube as to me the lady talks a great deal of sense about the case:

I know this is going away from the subject of this thread but I don not think Burke Ramsey killed his sister. Others may take a different view. I am an advocate for JonBenet as a child murder victim. I hopes she gets justice from beyond the grave. As Lou Smit stated JonBenet got a piece of her killer and I hope this leads us to the truth.

I think this is a true story:

The presenters are right in their analysis.

There are many videos made about the case this one like James Corden sat in car:

Here is another You Tube video with a presentation. Good on the girl for working on it and I am sure she will post it right next time as we all make mistakes but this one is upside down which is a novel idea like being in the car:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadMonique24