Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article by Caroline Overington talks about the inquest, and describes what happened at FFC's mother's house on 12 Sep 2014 in the hours before William went missing. The sequence of events seems easier to understand than it is in other MSM reports, in my opinion; I think it's probably shown in chronological order:

"What evil befell William Tyrrell, the little boy in red?" The Australian, 29 March 2019, via the author's tweet.

My notes based on the article:
- FFC woke early and could hear the children up and about.
- She opened the doors onto the verandah about 7am and saw the two cars.
- She went back inside, gave the children some Yakult, and helped William into his Spiderman suit.
- MFC prepared to go to Lakewood for his Skype business call.
- FFC gave the children pens, pencils, and dice to play with. They wanted to make cards to put on the grave of FFC's late father (Opa).
- MFC left the house about 9am.
- The children rode their bikes on the driveway while FFC and FFC's mother supervised. FFC saw the big man in the third car.
- The children got tired of bike-riding. William's sister went back to her work on Opa's card. FFC and William went into the garden and played Mummy Monsters, running and slipping on fallen leaves and twigs.
- FFC lifted William into a good climbing tree, but he thought it was too high. FFC lifted him down, and noticed the two cars again, still parked on the road.
- FFC and William went inside. She made some tea: a cup for her mother and a mug for herself.
- FFC and William went onto the "veranda" [patio?].
- William got bored with drawing. He started a new game, Daddy Tiger, running around the corner of the house then jumping out to yell "RAAR!"
- FFC took some photos, including the familiar Spiderman photo when William was mid-"RAAR!"
- William continued the Daddy Tiger game. FFC heard a roar.
- FFC noticed that William had gone quiet, so she got up and walked around the corner to check on him. She couldn't see him anywhere, and couldn't hear any noises.
- She started searching.
- About five minutes later, MFC arrived home and FFC told him William was missing. MFC started searching.
- FFC continued searching, "collecting neighbours" along the way.
- FFC thought she heard a scream in dry reeds.
- FFC rang triple-0

ADMIN NOTE:

Posts sleuthing family, circumventing WS filters, and psychic discussion are not allowed and have been removed.

It is exceptionally disappointing to see that these types of posts are by long time members of Websleuths who should know The Rules.

There will be no more leniency for long term WSers who make these types of posts. This is the final warning; ZERO TOLERANCE and a minimum 1 week thread reply ban or TO will be imposed.

So if, say, The Australian, ran an article on a psychic regarding William, would this be against TOS. I am not trying to be smart. I really need to know. I thought anything posted on MSM was ok. I also do not know how to contact an admin directly if someone could enlighten me.

So if, say, The Australian, ran an article on a psychic regarding William, would this be against TOS. I am not trying to be smart. I really need to know. I thought anything posted on MSM was ok. I also do not know how to contact an admin directly if someone could enlighten me.

While Courier Mail itself is MSM, that particular video that they chose to publish is a stand-alone containing nothing but a video with a psychic's impressions.

As psychic discussion is not allowed at WS, the link was not approved and discussion of it is off-limits.

To contact any Mod or Admin is just like contacting any other member ... just click on their name under their avatar, and in the pop-up you will see a tab titled "Start a Conversation". Click on that.

This article by Caroline Overington talks about the inquest, and describes what happened at FFC's mother's house on 12 Sep 2014 in the hours before William went missing. The sequence of events seems easier to understand than it is in other MSM reports, in my opinion; I think it's probably shown in chronological order:

"What evil befell William Tyrrell, the little boy in red?" The Australian, 29 March 2019, via the author's tweet.

- She went back inside, gave the children some Yakult, and helped William into his Spiderman suit.
- FFC gave the children pens, pencils, and dice to play with. They wanted to make cards to put on the grave of FFC's late father (Opa).
- The children rode their bikes on the driveway while FFC and FFC's mother supervised. FFC saw the big man in the third car.
- The children got tired of bike-riding. William's sister went back to her work on Opa's card. FFC and William went into the garden and played Mummy Monsters, running and slipping on fallen leaves and twigs.
- FFC lifted William into a good climbing tree, but he thought it was too high. FFC lifted him down, and noticed the two cars again, still parked on the road.
- FFC and William went inside. She made some tea: a cup for her mother and a mug for herself.
- William got bored with drawing. He started a new game, Daddy Tiger, running around the corner of the house then jumping out to yell "RAAR!"
- FFC took some photos, including the familiar Spiderman photo when William was mid-"RAAR!"
- FFC noticed that William had gone quiet, so she got up and walked around the corner to check on him. She couldn't see him anywhere, and couldn't hear any noises.
- She started searching.
- About five minutes later, MFC arrived home and FFC told him William was missing. MFC started searching.
- FFC rang triple-0

Caroline Overington ends this article by stating ....

"In his opening address, Craddock said the evidence, the bulk of which is still to come as the inquest continues, would establish that William had been abducted. If so, he said, that conclusion was chilling.

It means that a person — evil, and entirely brazen — snatched a boisterous three-year-old in a bright red suit from a quiet backyard, for what malevolent purpose we don’t know, and likely can’t bear to imagine.

That person remains in our community."

NoCookies | The Australian
What evil befell William Tyrrell, the little boy in red?
11:00pm March 29, 2019

Wow , alert put out in 26 countries? That's interesting. What about the photo on the Indian Train that circulated years ago. If you google William Tyrrell and Indian Train you will find it.

Any thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Real or not real (photoshopped)? Still think it's interesting.

That was discussed to bits here. I cannot recall the thread numbers to refer you back to but it was brought up over a number of threads.

- She started searching.
- FFC rang triple-0

My understanding of the timeline is that the MFC left at about 9.15 am and from that time the children rode their bikes in the driveway, drew cards and played with dice, WT played Mummy monsters, drew again up until about 9.45 when the photos were taken, then from 9.45 til he disappeared at 10.30 he played Daddy Tiger but in the last few minutes they were restless and looking out for MFC's car. IMO

Sorry, I'm not sure whether you're making a comment or asking a question :)
The translation sounds odd, but Google says, I have to say so. ;)
I mean, there are many variations of the situation, when FFC went making tea. That she went WITH little W, I didn't hear before, I believe.
I didn't ask - I only am wondering loud and with a sigh, what might be the only correct version .... :(

My understanding of the timeline is that the MFC left at about 9.15 am and from that time the children rode their bikes in the driveway, drew cards and played with dice, WT played Mummy monsters, drew again up until about 9.45 when the photos were taken, then from 9.45 til he disappeared at 10.30 he played Daddy Tiger but in the last few minutes they were restless and looking out for MFC's car. IMO
Thanks!

I've seen several articles saying the Spiderman photo was taken at 09:37, but here's one that gives two times:

"The last photo of William was taken at 9.57am."
And:
"William's foster mother made cups of tea before snapping the now iconic photo of the three-year-old boy sitting on the deck dressed as Spider-Man at 9.37am." (Bolded by me.)

Port Macquarie News, 26 March 2019

If either time is correct, and if William was playing Daddy Tiger from the time of the Spiderman photo until he went missing at about 10:30, he was repeatedly running around the corner and jumping out to yell "RAAR!" for either 33 or 53 minutes. I think the 09:57 time and 33 minutes' play is the most likely, IMO.

@frogwell Just wondering if during the inquest, MFC was asked if he had seen the 2 cars parked on the side of the road between the 2 driveways, and if so, what was his response?
---
As far as I have read, nobody else saw these vehicles except for FFC, even though according to her testimony the vehicles had been there for at least 2 or more hours (unless of course, in between seeing them upon awakening at 7am, and then noting their presence again after MFC left the house at either 9am or 9:15am, those cars had left and come back and parked in exactly the same spots with their windows still in the same position, which would also be unusual, imho).

If these vehicles were in fact there, it seems unlikely to me that they would have been involved in a child abduction (either planned or opportunistic) after sitting out in the open like that (which never happened before on that street, according to FFC, so presumably they would have stuck out like a sore thumb), presumably with their number-plates showing, for 2 or so hours, for *anyone* to have seen and reported (after WT was missing). Also, I believe the cars were both parked in the opposite direction than one would be facing if they wanted to make a quick getaway?

"And, the driver’s windows were down and I’m thinking, they’re so close together, and it was really odd because in the whole time that Mom and Dad have lived at Kendall, there has never ever been cars parked on that street. Ever."

William Tyrrell: His mum and dad's most detailed interview - Part 1 14:07

Last edited:
.... She had just returned from errands around 10.00-10.35 and she says that's the time William disappeared.
RSBM
Just wanted to note that neighbour Lydene said she arrived back home at 10:30am just before WT disappeared, and was unloading groceries at 10:35am when he was reportedly taken, so only a five minute window, she was presumably back and forth from her vehicle to her house door a few times in between.
William Tyrrell: How the three-year-old vanished in a perfect storm of bad luck starting 6:20

@frogwell Just wondering if during the inquest, MFC was asked if he had seen the 2 cars parked on the side of the road between the 2 driveways, and if so, what was his response?
---
As far as I have read, nobody else saw these vehicles except for FFC, even though according to her testimony the vehicles had been there for at least 2 or more hours (unless of course, in between seeing them upon awakening at 7am, and then noting their presence again after MFC left the house at either 9am or 9:15am, those cars had left and come back and parked in exactly the same spots with their windows still in the same position, which would also be unusual, imho).

If these vehicles were in fact there, it seems unlikely to me that they would have been involved in a child abduction (either planned or opportunistic) after sitting out in the open like that (which never happened before on that street, according to FFC, so presumably they would have stuck out like a sore thumb), presumably with their number-plates showing, for 2 or so hours, for *anyone* to have seen and reported (after WT was missing). Also, I believe the cars were both parked in the opposite direction than one would be facing if they wanted to make a quick getaway?

"And, the driver’s windows were down and I’m thinking, they’re so close together, and it was really odd because in the whole time that Mom and Dad have lived at Kendall, there has never ever been cars parked on that street. Ever."

To my recollection the MFC was not asked the question. AMS, the neighbor whose property border the cars were parked on was asked the question when she had dropped her children to school that morning if she had seen the cars. She stated there were no cars parked there.

---

@deugirtni

Hypothetically, maybe other people did see the two parked cars but their police statements were so comprehensive that Counsel Assisting didn't have reason to question them at the inquest. Maybe Mr Craddock was asking about the cars for reasons other than to find out if they were there.

If the cars had stolen number plates, maybe police have known about them all along and have no doubt they were there, but they haven't been able to identify them.

MOO, based only on overactive imagination... :)

---

Why is it, that FFC said within the 911-call, noo, no, no, no, there were any cars? If she saw them in all clearness early in that morning and also later on? You can't be that forgetful, if you aren't an elderly person (like me) perhaps. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

I've seen several articles saying the Spiderman photo was taken at 09:37, but here's one that gives two times:

"The last photo of William was taken at 9.57am."
And:
"William's foster mother made cups of tea before snapping the now iconic photo of the three-year-old boy sitting on the deck dressed as Spider-Man at 9.37am." (Bolded by me.)

Port Macquarie News, 26 March 2019

If either time is correct, and if William was playing Daddy Tiger from the time of the Spiderman photo until he went missing at about 10:30, he was repeatedly running around the corner and jumping out to yell "RAAR!" for either 33 or 53 minutes. I think the 09:57 time and 33 minutes' play is the most likely, IMO.
The "last" photo was taken at 9:57am, the "roaring-photo" was taken earlier at 9:37am perhaps. For media someone chose the "roaring-photo", although it had to explained absolutely, that little W just was "roaring" (and not in a bad mood). Though we know, little W had been in bad mood at times that morning and already had had a dispute with FFC while putting on his clothes. MOO

The "last" photo was taken at 9:57am, the "roaring-photo" was taken earlier at 9:37am perhaps. For media someone chose the "roaring-photo", although it had to explained absolutely, that little W just was "roaring" (and not in a bad mood). Though we know, little W had been in bad mood at times that morning and already had had a dispute with FFC while putting on his clothes. MOO

Little kids get over their little rebellions very quickly. I recall many a time having to insist that my young daughter wear leggings and a cardigan because she was determined to wear a little dress on a chilly day. Just like FM had William wear a t-shirt under his spiderman suit.

I can't imagine that the t-shirt, or the minor rebellion, are why William was abducted. With evidence of said abduction yet to be presented at the next round of the inquest.

Last edited:
That's a possibility, yes. If the Spiderman "roaring-photo" was at 09:37 and there's another photo at 09:57, maybe William's families or the police wanted to keep the later one private.

That's a possibility, yes. If the Spiderman "roaring-photo" was at 09:37 and there's another photo at 09:57, maybe William's families or the police wanted to keep the later one private.
Or 9:57 could be a typo. I can't remember a photograph time like that, approaching 10am, being indicated before. Though the gap between about 9:40 when William was photographed playing a roaring game and around 9:25 when he disappeared does worry me. What's reported as happening in that gap doesn't sound enough to fill it up.

When we discussed this way back in the threads, it was suggested that the other two photos taken of William that morning may not have been used for publication because William's sister and/or FGM may have been clearly identifiable in those photos.
In the photo that was used, William's sister had her head down with her hair further concealing her face. Only FGM's slipper was visible.

The photo that was used went to publication very quickly - it showed not only William but also what he was wearing that morning - with more photos being published once the FP had a chance to go through their photos and select a range of recent photos for publication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member